Trapped 8th graders

Good program? Bad habits like what? I've been reading bio's this year of college soccer players to see what it takes to play at big time D1. Everyone seems to have played HS Soccer and was All State and All that. I guess 2021, 2022 will be the first year where No HS will ever be mention in top players bio. It will be, "two time TC participate", "one time call up to National Training Center" "ECNL XI" "YNT"and stuff like that I bet. So weird to watch this all unfold and have folks like you say how bad HS Soccer is and how it actually caused your team to lose basically because of her lousy decision to play with her friends. Maybe she's burned out and has other things she wants to work hard for now? This is right around the time some girls say, "No Mas." More say, "No Mas" in college but we just don't read about it here.

I can tell you my player played HS and came away both better and worse - better in that she was faster and had a bigger, stronger kick, worse, in that she didn't look for the pass as quickly because she'd played with girls who couldn't received a pass, so she stopped passing. She had fun overall though and has no regrets.

I think high school has lots of benefits for girls and my DD will play again this year. I don't think it is all bad but there are bad habits that can form and it seems to take a while for players that come back to club to get back into club form.

I can tell you my player played HS and came away both better and worse - better in that she was faster and had a bigger, stronger kick, worse, in that she didn't look for the pass as quickly because she'd played with girls who couldn't received a pass, so she stopped passing. She had fun overall though and has no regrets.

I think high school has lots of benefits for girls and my DD will play again this year. I don't think it is all bad but there are bad habits that can form and it seems to take a while for players that come back to club to get back into club form.
I agree baller. It's all about coach, program and the TEAM. Mine would be a no if it wasn't fun.

Back