Transfer Question

Now that the Fall Season is over are players allowed to switch clubs or are rosters locked in until after the State Cup/National Cup tournaments? If transfers are allowed, how do players get signed to a new team before State Cup when the club teams are off until after the high school season? I've got a g'01 keeper looking for a new situation.
Thanks for taking time to reply.

Now that the Fall Season is over are players allowed to switch clubs or are rosters locked in until after the State Cup/National Cup tournaments? If transfers are allowed, how do players get signed to a new team before State Cup when the club teams are off until after the high school season? I've got a g'01 keeper looking for a new situation.

Monday after Thanksgiving is when the transfer window opens.

Where are you are located? I may have a team you should consider.

Release and transfer rules are in section 1.5, starting on page 8 here --

http://media.calsouth.com/data/Downloads/About_Us/08.2013CalSouthRulesandRegulations.pdf?rev=CA0E

Also note that the number of transferred players a team may have on its State Cup roster is limited to 5.

I'm no expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn, and depending on what league you're in there's a separate set of rules. Pretty sure CSL is wide open for transfer after Thanksgiving. SCDSL on the other hand needs DOC approval to move until National Cup is over. League to League transfer is also wide open. There's also some loopholes in the transfer process not listed with Cal South that you can jump through and transfer.
Good Luck

I'm no expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn, and depending on what league you're in there's a separate set of rules. Pretty sure CSL is wide open for transfer after Thanksgiving. SCDSL on the other hand needs DOC approval to move until National Cup is over. League to League transfer is also wide open. There's also some loopholes in the transfer process not listed with Cal South that you can jump through and transfer.
Good Luck

Since Cal South is the issuing authority for player registration and transfer, what loopholes would exist that they do not recognize?

Also note, if you intend to abandon the club then you need to communicate to the coach that your player should not be rostered on the State Cup team. Once rostered it is a pain in the ass to get the player transferred, especially if "cup tied." As she is the GK, you need to alert the Coach so he can start the replacement process ASAP.

From the rules:

3.4. Roster Continuity: 2005/U12 and older teams must demonstrate continuity of rosters between the Cal South Online System Team Registration roster and State Cup Team Tournament roster by maintaining a minimum of nine (9) players common to the rosters of both. 2008/9U and 2007/U10 teams must maintain a minimum of five (5) players and 2006/11U teams must maintain a minimum of seven (7) players common to rosters of both. Player retention shall be based on the Cal South Online System Team registration roster as of November 15th of the current seasonal year.

3.5. Transfers: A team may not roster any player who was previously rostered during the seasonal year to another Club‘s team unless a request stating the reason for this action has been processed and approved by Cal South through the Online Release and Transfer System. At the time a team names its State Cup Tournament roster it may not have more than five (5) Transferred players activated on the State Cup Tournament Roster. Players Transferred from a Cal South Online System “Drop and/or Tournament Pool” will be considered as Transfers to the receiving Team. For the USYS Reg. IV Presidents Cup Regionals and USYS Presidents Cup National Final, Cal South will comply with the Rules and Regulations as established by USYS.

3.15. Cup Tied: Once the Draw Date has been reached players on Teams that participated in the Draw are Cup Tied to the Team for the State Cup seasonal year. A Cup Tied player may Transfer to any other Team but is ineligible to play in a State Cup for the current seasonal year. The players may be Club Passed per Section 3.6 within this document. Changes to Team Roster, adds, transfers, including electronically posted changes to tournament entries made via Internet, must be posted by 6:00 pm PST on the day prior to the Draw Date. Cup Tie will not apply to the Mayors or Governors Divisions.

Since Cal South is the issuing authority for player registration and transfer, what loopholes would exist that they do not recognize?
Ha, it's like an off the menu item, if I told you then everyone would take advantage.

Back