Tournament pin question

Jamisfoes

SILVER ELITE
Do you still get a pin if a team made it to the final? Or are pins only given to losing teams.

Think of tournament pins like passport stamps. Typically you get one for being there and playing. And if things go your way, you leave with an extra souvenir (medal / trophy / maybe a t-shirt) and a feeling of accomplishment.

Think of tournament pins like passport stamps. Typically you get one for being there and playing. And if things go your way, you leave with an extra souvenir (medal / trophy / maybe a t-shirt) and a feeling of accomplishment.
My kids preferred medals (even the finalist ones). A free t-shirt with "Grassstain United Tournament Champion" would be a nice bonus.

Usually the pins are given to the Team Manager when the team is checked in for the Tournament. Occasionally, the Tournament Host will not have them on hand for one reason or another, but will usually provide them if asked.

Usually the pins are given to the Team Manager when the team is checked in for the Tournament. Occasionally, the Tournament Host will not have them on hand for one reason or another, but will usually provide them if asked.
This is the correct answer.

If you didnt get a pin its usually because the team manager didnt pick them up for whatever reason when signing in.

I like pins. They decorate the backpack. My team manager is new so maybe he didn't know to ask.

The host club probably still has a bunch of extra pins. They will sit around in storage until a purge/cleaning day then get thrown out. You can probably still get them if you want them, just send them an email. We have done this in the past and usually, not always, they will have enough sitting around for the team.

My kids preferred medals (even the finalist ones). A free t-shirt with "Grassstain United Tournament Champion" would be a nice bonus.

Isn't your kid like 35 now? I'm still trying to understand why you're here. Well, other than filling some key voids.

The host club probably still has a bunch of extra pins. They will sit around in storage until a purge/cleaning day then get thrown out. You can probably still get them if you want them, just send them an email. We have done this in the past and usually, not always, they will have enough sitting around for the team.
A lot of the smaller tournaments have stopped getting them or order only a limited amount. Cost cutting move in light of post-Covid field price increases.

Back