Top 100 Girl's Clubs in the Country

No one is saying they don’t get athletes with potential.

no one is saying a grown man going to AYSO U7 games to recruit the best players for blues isn’t allowed.

Once they are there...the IQ NEVER CHANGES. The problem solving is at such a low level...

interesting you bring up USWNT.

our U17s (three girls on that team from
Blues)got blown apart in last U17s WC. Our U20s got blown apart last u20 World Cup.

so something isn’t going right...

Maybe

just maybe...everyone else is catching up with resources and athleticism and can actually play this game instead of just kicking it to their “athletes”.

I bet you one thing that the teams that are succeeding also have their top women’s athletes of their countries playing soccer and have developed as very technical players as well. Maybe they have better ways of teaching them IQ. I’m not disagreeing with you that the US women’s national team formula for winning may be outdated and in need of a retrofit to keep winning in the future. But to say their IQ never changes is an understatement. Show me the development over winning clubs that don’t recruit that are sending players to the top colleges.

blues don’t develop players.

they recruit very well.
Some comments on Blues.

1. After DD's team played them at ~U15 age and beat them, several players from our team received recruiting phone calls from Blues that same night. They were a great team, but the coach was looking to replace some of his players instead of developing them.
2. A parent of a girl we knew from a different team was recruited to Blues (and it was a good move for her). The Blues coach was very honest and told the parent that the team parents were crazy, not in a good way. The parent said based on their experience that there were definitely parent cliques and some parents that would say disparaging things about the players. There were also some cool parents.

There is not doubt that the Blues have had very successful teams, but at least at our age group it was not an environment I would chose for my players.

I had a chance to check out a top European women’s/ girls academy for a few weeks last year...player to coach ratio at all levels is crazy! Youngest players are 4:1

Talking to parents of an older player aspiring to make the 2nd tier Bundesliga squad said that the problem for most players is that they are technically proficient/perfect, but simply aren’t fast enough to ever make it all the way. And the academy doesn’t tell them.

Question:
Better to squash a dream with realistic assessment or let our daughters toil under false hope??

Some comments on Blues.

1. After DD's team played them at ~U15 age and beat them, several players from our team received recruiting phone calls from Blues that same night. They were a great team, but the coach was looking to replace some of his players instead of developing them.
2. A parent of a girl we knew from a different team was recruited to Blues (and it was a good move for her). The Blues coach was very honest and told the parent that the team parents were crazy, not in a good way. The parent said based on their experience that there were definitely parent cliques and some parents that would say disparaging things about the players. There were also some cool parents.

There is not doubt that the Blues have had very successful teams, but at least at our age group it was not an environment I would chose for my players.
Thanks for sharing that. My experience with Blues is cut throat. Best of the best and they will tell you it's only a one year deal, regardless of social status and connections to all access YNT. I was treated fair in the process. Evaluation is subjective based on a coach and what he thinks, not the board. With that said, towards the end of the season, pressure comes to all the kids and parents. "Will I make the team next year" "Is Tad trying to find my dd replacement" and so on. Some kids do well with that pressure and some perform better in a different environment. They will recruit the other teams best players all the time. This is a business and their business is to be #1. They never promise a player I can "develop" you into an elite YNT or pro player. All about college. Today, Blues is trying to survive and don;t have that kind of swagger anymore except at the youngers because the Gaffer works harder than anyone recruiting talent. He does all out in the open too. I can;t speak for all coaches and parents about their experience but I can say TB and RR treated me with respect and honesty. They still say hi to my dd and treat her with respect.

Financially- all clubs are a few bad moves or one bad season away from collapse.
All you have to do is google the legal name of the club and add in Form 990. The tax returns are public information. It is quite interesting to look at the club's financials. There is usually a year or two lag. But, you can see what they pay the top people in the club, how much they spend on coaches vs. fields. Most importantly, you get a snap shot of revenue for the last few years and how much money they have in the bank. Some clubs are clearly hanging by a thread while others literally have significant money in the bank.

For every club discussed on these forums? No thanks.
Not every club, the top ones we all care about would be good for now. BTW, looks like Girls have added up their damages to be about $66.5 million for being treated second again. How are we treating the girls in youth soccer? Don;t let soccer raise our rates because they haven;t treated the ladies equal and will need to pay them and fix all this down where were at. I'll take a look and see if I can do it myself.

All you have to do is google the legal name of the club and add in Form 990. The tax returns are public information. It is quite interesting to look at the club's financials. There is usually a year or two lag. But, you can see what they pay the top people in the club, how much they spend on coaches vs. fields. Most importantly, you get a snap shot of revenue for the last few years and how much money they have in the bank. Some clubs are clearly hanging by a thread while others literally have significant money in the bank.
I was always curious about how much certain positions paid ppl in the club... It’s not very much! Considering what they have to put up with.

A while back I was bored at work so took a look at DA standings across age groups in the SW conference. Think that I looked at standings around Feb 14, approximately 1/2 through the season. Someone pointed out that Blues does have the top ECNL teams in the U18/U19 oldest age group, but it's interesting to see how the various clubs compared at that point.

GDA Current Standings.png

A while back I was bored at work so took a look at DA standings across age groups in the SW conference. Think that I looked at standings around Feb 14, approximately 1/2 through the season. Someone pointed out that Blues does have the top ECNL teams in the U18/U19 oldest age group, but it's interesting to see how the various clubs compared at that point.

View attachment 6462
this is great work.
Well done.

That’s a great question and I hope someone can give us an answer. Unfortunately, I don’t have a daughter playing with the Blues so I couldn’t answer that question. But I was really speaking in general terms for clubs that have winning programs. It’s not like they are recruiting 5 year old all stars but athletes that have the potential to go far. How fast are they? How well do they move? Do they have quickness, stamina, mental toughness. All the things that athletes have in common. They are the ones that are sending the best players to the top colleges. Bottom line is that if you wish your little daughter to get far in soccer, she better be an athlete first that has developed technical skills. But not the other way around. That’s not to say that no other little girl deserves to play soccer either but they have to have the goods first before having a chance to make it far in the sport. Wether the Blues are the best at doing it or not, it’s a matter of opinion but you can’t deny how consistent they have been in always producing top players and sending them out to the top colleges.

Women that play soccer at the highest level are all athletes first and soccer players second. View attachment 6456View attachment 6457View attachment 6458

Even though I tend to agree but us women soccer is an exception. Most soccer teams from undeveloped nations field players who are clearly trans gendered and look like teenage boys. If course given this if the us were able to get transgendered and train them into soccer players...but until then us women soccer players still look like femakes, except for a big few who are gays.

Even though I tend to agree but us women soccer is an exception. Most soccer teams from undeveloped nations field players who are clearly trans gendered and look like teenage boys. If course given this if the us were able to get transgendered and train them into soccer players...but until then us women soccer players still look like femakes, except for a big few who are gays.

I never thought about that. I guess I have to look at some of these teams more closely. As far as the transgender type players.

Possibly one of the dumbest posts ever on this forum.

Back