3. Slammer flynn maroon
4. Slammers LB
5. Sd surf academy
6. Blues Fly
7. Galaxy cacioppo
8. Dmcv sharks
9. NAvy
10. Ole red
My list based on what ive seen and changes to roster.

00. Sc blues Lime
1. Sc blues blue
2. OC surf
3. Slammer flynn maroon
4. Slammers LB
5. Sd surf academy
6. Blues Fly
7. Galaxy cacioppo
8. Dmcv sharks
9. NAvy
10. Ole red
My list based on what ive seen and changes to roster.

wait ... am I missing something? Is this a ranking of teams of girls who are just now turning 8 years old (so 7yo unless born in the first week of the year)? And you are basing in what you’ve seen and changes to the rosters from when they were, um, 6 years old? I’ve gotta be missing something.

wait ... am I missing something? Is this a ranking of teams of girls who are just now turning 8 years old (so 7yo unless born in the first week of the year)? And you are basing in what you’ve seen and changes to the rosters from when they were, um, 6 years old? I’ve gotta be missing something.
These 2012 girls are very impressive! With that comment that you just made, I am going to assume that you don’t have a girl playing in this age group but boy oh boy let me tell you... These girls have been competing in 2011 brackets and even playing 2010 brackets and taking home championships as guest players. Parents are paying money for these girls to compete so why not rank them?

These 2012 girls are very impressive! With that comment that you just made, I am going to assume that you don’t have a girl playing in this age group but boy oh boy let me tell you... These girls have been competing in 2011 brackets and even playing 2010 brackets and taking home championships as guest players. Parents are paying money for these girls to compete so why not rank them?
Because they are eight and a LOT will change going forward. Many of the stars at this age are just ahead of the curve on maturing. There is also a good chance they were born early in the year. Enjoy the time and do not put too much emphasis on winning, that is a sure way of causing burnout. If they players are improving and having fun nothing else matters.

You are correct - I don't have a girl playing G12. I have a couple who are G06 and one who is G02. We are also in NorCal. My older has played against a number of the clubs you have mentioned and with a number of the girls from those clubs. We've seen a lot of tournaments, showcases, college scouts, national team invites, etc. And while I cannot doubt your description of these 7 year olds as very impressive, I can pretty much guarantee you will look back on this thread and chuckle even as you look back and think of the joy of watching them run around as U-littles w/o worrying about being seen by a scout or what they may be missing on whatever social media platform is ruling the day or commenting about another missed sleepover or party or holiday or finals. You will think about when your daughter played with this girl who is now focusing on lacrosse or that girl who is into robotics or that girl who moved to that club and is now on the national team.

It's fun to knock around with parents about how teams might stack up - we all do it if we are exposed to competitive sports - but actually ranking a group and talking about results, player movement, the games one has seen when we are talking about 7-year-olds. That's pretty extreme and it will be hard to keep that pace up. Enjoy the ride because this is the most carefree time of their competitive playing "careers". For me, I really, REALLY enjoy where my kids are right now - and can't wait until the older one takes it to the next level next year - but I have really fond memories of their pigtails flying and their little "Maradonnas" and step-overs and scissors and their PK shootout thrills and spills, not because of how they did but because of who they were and how they were.

@everyone these girls are playing state cup so there has to be rankings in a few weeks. also every age on this website has rankings top 10. Thanks for the advice

Because they are eight and a LOT will change going forward. Many of the stars at this age are just ahead of the curve on maturing. There is also a good chance they were born early in the year. Enjoy the time and do not put too much emphasis on winning, that is a sure way of causing burnout. If they players are improving and having fun nothing else matters.
I agree with everything that you said and just like how many others say... some of these girls will drop from playing soccer. I’ve seen parents force their girls into additional training and I don’t agree with that. As a parent, I let my child decide what she wants to do and play for. Either playing club, ayso or futsol it honestly doesn’t matter as long as she’s enjoying the ride.
Good luck to all the 2012 players this upcoming season and also at state cup. I will now be leaving this thread since my little one is a 2011 player.

Will have to say @Hodari Team definitely number 1 the others havent seen we have 4 girls 2012 that are playing on ole black going to play 2012 would love to see the rest of competition but we will definitely be in the mix

Yes the 3 leading scorers for ole black are 2012s so that's the plan but as a small club we shall see what we get in try outs, my daughter scored 11 goals in cls 2011 her first time playing club scored on everyone except ole red in our group, Our striker scored maybe 20 goals and she came on mid season shes next level finisher for her age
Are there plans to fill a full 2012 team? When should we expect that?

This thread is cute and scary at the same time , I do believe that 90% of new soccer parents experience the "goat syndrome" around this age and you can tell by threads like these .
Enjoy it but be very cautious, as someone mentioned above, 50% fallout for sure ...and a lot of it happens because daddy/mommy care more about it (Soccer)than the DD does.
Your goal as a parent is make sure they are healthy both physically and mentally the next 7 years , fun really starts at 14/15.
Be careful , relax do not care about rankings and do not ruin it for your kid, we see this all the time .
Just make sure your child is playing maximum minutes, period......

Will have to say @Hodari Team definitely number 1 the others havent seen we have 4 girls 2012 that are playing on ole black going to play 2012 would love to see the rest of competition but we will definitely be in the mix
2012 is the year of the Dragon there is a ton of super solid teams.

1. Blues Lime
2. OC Surf
3. Pats South OC
4. Slammers Flynn Maroon
5. Blues Blue
6. Slammers LB
7. DMCV Sharks Ashcroft
8. SD Surf Academy Select
9. SDSC Navy
10. San Marcos Revolution

I'm only going off glimpses of what I've seen and results that are available. @Hodari I'd love to hear your rankings. @J0g0_B0nit0 is the Ole Black '11 team a 2012 team? If so, I'd throw them in here as well.

Here is my take on the top 10 based on the 2020/11 year...…..There should be a big shake coming soon for the girls, now that a few girls have been playing up, come down to their age group. I Think you see a big jump from a few of the SD teams. Hoping to add a few new teams to this list as we get into the Tournament season.

1. Blues Lime
2. OC Surf (WCFC)
3. Blues Blue
4. Slammers Flynn Maroon
5. Slammers LB
6. DMCV Sharks
7. SD Surf Academy Select
8. Pats South OC
9. SDSC Navy
10. Ole

hey you cool cats and kittens if your looking for games there is a league playing every friday night free to join and there looking for a few more younger teams located in games played in Anaheim call 714-363-1946 play this friday.

Hey I have a 11/12 flight 1 Team i put together team that is scrimmage ready. We have a turf field in the valley in Sherman Oaks if you don’t mind the travel. Let me know!!
That’s good to know. I’ll let you know when we have enough girls willing to play and travel for a scrimmage.

Back