TOP 10 GU 2010

I agree Legends should be #4. Legends was a good team last year and well-coached and you could tell they were only going to get better.

Good point about teams being results-oriented. Some coaches will play their bench players as much as their starters even if there is a big drop-off in talent and this often affects the game outcome.

Absolutely legends is without doubt #4. My buddy told me legends lost 3-1 to SDSC last weekend and it was 1-1 at half and legends missed many clear scoring chances. He and the SDSC coach said the game was amazing and “SDSC complimented the legends team on being the most organized team he’s seen in the age division and that his forwards are very special players. He thinks that both legends and SDSC are clearly top 2 for the upcoming year.” I agree league results don’t really matter though for SCDSL so I think some coaches don’t care and play everyone in every game since there are no standings. I know legends will be silverlakes thanksgiving and also Vegas cup in March. This weekend should be a fun one I will actually get to watch th

So out of the 2 SD surf teams which one do you guys think is better the select team or the other?

I’m gonna give you guys the benefit of the doubt on Legends losing 1-3 to SDSC and tying 1-1 at half seems like a pretty solid team to me. Let’s see how they do against Blues. If they lose by the same margin I think they deserve the #4 spot.

EDA you guys are right they are not in a very competitive bracket but as far as csl they probably in the top 3. Ole played 2 scrimmages winning first one 2-0 and second we tied but we didn’t have a goalie that game and we were missing 2 starters. Offensively they can put goals but they lack in defense a bit that’s why I have them lower. For me they are comparable to a team like SD surf select. A team we have played with before. If EDA or Surf select would play a team like Eagles or SDSC they prob lose around 5-1/6-1 they just don’t have that top notch defense. Ole I have at 5 because of their defense and my DD at center back. I think Ole can compete against any of the top 4 teams and keep the game close. While they haven’t played Blues/SDSC/Legends. Ole has played Texas #1 team Solar Colvin and beat them 2-1. To put things into perspective The Texans team that came out to last Surf is #2 in Texas and Solar Colvin beat that team 2-0 at the Super Copa tournament. Top 3 teams for Super Copa were the 2 Texas teams and Ole

Slammers PA from what I’m hearing seems to have an inconsistency factor with their game. They recently won the Slammers cup. All I can say is that they are better than Slammers Cruz. Albion is really good. We played them late May game was tied 1-1 til about the last 10 min when one of our players gave them an auto gol. Over all Ole dominated the game with their defense and controlled the possession of the ball for the major part of the game. Their coach came up to our girls and said we won but you guys where the better team. So technically he was saying they got lucky. 1-6 is pretty solid 7-10 is up for grabs and debatable

1. Blues
2. SDSC
3. Eagles
4. Legends
5. Ole
6. Albion
7. Slammers PA
8. EDA
9. Sd Surf Select
10. OC Surf

Attachments

• ABE84F31-7438-4553-A4EC-3A781409D541.jpeg
    ABE84F31-7438-4553-A4EC-3A781409D541.jpeg
    537.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Tier 1
Blues, SDSC and Eagles
Won the big Tournaments (Blues Cup, Surf Cup, Man City, Surf Thanksgiving and Albion Cup).

Tier 2
Ole, Legends and Albion

Tier 3
Slammers PA, EDA, SD Surf, Galaxy OC and OC Surf

Tier 4
SD Real Madrid, Galaxy SD, Real So Cal (Bautista) Slammers Cruz

Note: Any Tier team can beat each other any given day etc.

Tier 1
Blues, SDSC and Eagles
Won the big Tournaments (Blues Cup, Surf Cup, Man City, Surf Thanksgiving and Albion Cup).

Tier 2
Ole, Legends and Albion

Tier 3

Tier 4

Great way of breaking it down...

Found a nice little highlight clip between the Blues and Eagles at Blues cup 2019. It’s a public video. So I’m assuming it’s shareable. #10 on Blues dribbles right through the Eagles cb and scores. Is this their best player? I’m assuming since she’s wearing the #10 jersey and looks big and dribbles pretty good for her size.

Last edited:
Tier 1
Blues, SDSC and Eagles

Tier 2
Ole, Legends and Albion

Tier 3

Tier 4

I think this tier structure is pretty accurate...and like you said depending on a bounce or break any tier team can beat each other on any given weekend.

@Sockers858 I like the explanation for the top 3 teams. I’m gonna add to the other Tiers my take. Anyone feel free to question and/or edit anything I’m missing or don’t agree with.

Tier 1
Blues, SDSC and Eagles

-Won the big Tournaments (Blues Cup, Surf Cup, Man City, Surf Thanksgiving and Albion Cup).
-Play consistent against different teams and don’t make many mistakes.
-Starters are solid, Bench has Depth

Tier 2
Ole, Legends and Albion

-Can compete against tier 1 teams and stay in games.
-Have strong defenses and can definitely score on tier 1 teams, games can go back and forth but usually they tend to make mistakes that cost them the game against Tier 1 teams. Cannot yet get over the hump.
-Talented in starting line up but may lack depth in bench.

Tier 3

-Cannot yet play a competitive game against a Tier 1 team like a Tier 2 team can.
-Defense is good but not ready to compete against a Tier 1 team
-Can have a competitive game against a Tier 2 team but does not dominate the game but may win on a surprise occasion.
-

Tier 4

-Can have a competitive game against a Tier 3 team and may win at times.
-Can have a competitive game against a Tier 2 team but most likely will not win.
-Will usually lose by a margin of 4+ goals to a Tier 1 team and is unable to compete.

Last edited:
Found a nice little highlight clip between the Blues and Eagles at Blues cup 2019. It’s a public video. So I’m assuming it’s shareable. #10 on Blues dribbles right through the Eagles cb and scores. Is this their best player? I’m assuming since she’s wearing the #10 jersey and looks big and dribbles pretty good for her size.

lots of ball watching on defense.

Certainly room for improvement from both teams. But, everyone on this thread would say these are two of the top three teams. Do you have an example of a 2010 team that doesn’t ball watch? SDSC?

lots of ball watching on defense.

Especially the first goal against the Eagles. There was that brief moment when everyone was looking at the player that fell for a possible penalty but the big girl was standing by herself on the side and got the bounce back on the ball for a shot and Score. Blues look tough and they can definitely take shots from long range with power. They remind a little bit of the the top team in Texas Solar Colvin. They had a similar big fast player playing the forward mid. Solution was to put my DD on her and she couldn’t do her thing after that. For a team like the Blues we may just have to do the same cause she seems to just run right through players.

Certainly room for improvement from both teams. But, everyone on this thread would say these are two of the top three teams. Do you have an example of a 2010 team that doesn’t ball watch? SDSC?

These kids are 9. Every team has players that will periodically ball watch, dive in, panic kick, etc.

I know the top 3 teams play a different style of defense with formation.

Blues normally has 3 defenders and 3 mid/forward. To me they seem like a traditional counter team. 3-3 formation

Eagles normally plays 2 defenders and with 2 mid 2 forwards. 2-2-2 formation. A great group of players around.

SDSC normally plays 1 Defender, 3 mids, 2 forwards. 1-3-2 formation and plays fundamentally soccer etc

All teams are dangerous off set plays and can strike the ball near the build out line.

These kids are 9. Every team has players that will periodically ball watch, dive in, panic kick, etc.

maybe @Chalklines was just trying to point out that it was coming from 2 of the top 3 teams doing the ball watching. Something maybe not expected. But yea 9 years old you can expect things like that. Especially when 2 good teams meet. Tensions are high and 9 year old girls do get nervous. Top 3 teams don’t usually make many mistakes but they do make them.

I know the top 3 teams play a different style of defense with formation.

Blues normally has 3 defenders and 3 mid/forward. To me they seem like a traditional counter team. 3-3 formation

Eagles normally plays 2 defenders and with 2 mid 2 forwards. 2-2-2 formation. A great group of players around.

SDSC normally plays 1 Defender, 3 mids, 2 forwards. 1-3-2 formation and plays fundamentally soccer etc

All teams are dangerous off set plays and can strike the ball near the build out line.

SDSC Must have a lot of confidence on that 1 defender. And expect the 3 mids to take the ball away. But I’m sure the 3 drop back to help. Having 4 players defending below the build out line

SDSC Must have a lot of confidence on that 1 defender. And expect the 3 mids to take the ball away. But I’m sure the 3 drop back to help. Having 4 players defending below the build out line

All mids for all teams drop back and help for sure. The Better teams will and should adjust based on who they are playing. Each team has their strengths and weaknesses and it’s pretty obvious to recognize.

Another thing worth noting is that these highlight videos that George creates from the full match video are usually just showing certain shots on target and all the goals. When goals are being scored there's often a mistake being made somewhere. So these highlights tend to amplify the mistakes and not show all the other good soccer that was played throughout the match.

@Goforgoal

Sorry about the ball watching comment. It was only a subjective observation and not a jab at your DD if she was the one in the video.

Nope. I don't have a kid in the video, and there's nothing to be sorry about. My reply wasn't really directed at you anyways, as I know you're mostly here to try and trigger Luis.

Nope. I don't have a kid in the video, and there's nothing to be sorry about. My reply wasn't really directed at you anyways, as I know you're mostly here to try and trigger Luis.

lol. He may not like me much and I didn’t either but now to me he seems like a pretty cool guy. I have nothing against him. I wonder what ever happened to @Fact and @redhood those guys seemed to have vanished. They were the classic trolls of that thread

Back