TOP 10 GU 2010

Agreed, any given weekend 1-3 can beat each other.

And I think the same can be said 4-10 of this list.

It's hard to argue the distinct separation/gap between 1-3 and 4-10, and I highly doubt much of that changes by season's end.

It's hard to compete with the depth of quality those three teams have over a 50 minute game.

I think you are right 1-3 is pretty much set and because of their depth and athleticism I would add. it’s prob gonna stay like that until teams go 9v9. The question for me is 4-10 though. We’ll see what happens at next Surf tournament thanksgiving most these teams should be there?

Last edited:
So aside from Eagles going to Silverlakes. Who else do we know is going to Silverlakes vs Surf. Ole will be going to Surf.

Last edited:
So aside from Eagles going to Silverlakes. Who else do we know is going to Silverlakes vs Surf. Ole will be going to Surf.

I’m pretty sure Blues and SDSC will be at Surf and will be in the same bracket.

Surf Thanksgiving
Surf
Ole
Blues?
SDSC?
Albion?

Silverlakes
Eagles
Legends
Slammers?

I wasn’t asking you. You seem to follow wherever I post lmao. Plus I’m sure you don’t have any kids playing at this age group. Good thing you didn’t reply to the other thread cause your buddy fact made himself look like an idiot making up stories about his kids.
I don't have any kids playing in this age group but can't help not to follow when the shit hits the fan for your actions.

3-3 tie? Who's fault was it this time?

I don't have any kids playing in this age group but can't help not to follow when the shit hits the fan for your actions.

3-3 tie? Who's fault was it this time?

One of our best players is injured. This was the first time playing this team. They are prob a top 3 team in the bracket so keep that in mind. The same team Eagles beat 9-1 they beat 7-0 last Sunday. The chances were there to win the game but the girls just missed a lot, they were off. 1st game of the season. With some adjustments to the line up should be a different story next time.

Can anyone answer this question regarding the legends g2010 team. First of all, is this the Legends team that we have ranked in 4th? Or do they have multiple teams? And if so does anyone know what happened with the results against the real SoCal NR white team. Seems like this team got blown out 5-0 against this real SoCal team which we do not even have as a top 10 team on the list. Youth soccer rankings has real SoCal nr white in the top 10 for cas. And we haven’t even considered them.

I know that this is Real Socal’s Best girl 2010 team. Our team has played them before. We won a tough battle but they themselves are a tough group of girls and they can play ball.

https://youthsoccerrankings.us/rankings/CAS/10/Girls/

http://events.gotsport.com/events/s...582&FieldID=0&applicationID=5336939&action=Go

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s the same Legends
Team, I doubt they would enter Flight 2 for a tournament. The other Real So Cal (Bautista) team played in flight 1 in the same tournament.

I don’t think it’s the same Legends
Team, I doubt they would enter Flight 2 for a tournament. The other Real So Cal (Bautista) team played in flight 1 in the same tournament.

That’s good to know. They must have multiple teams for the same age bracket. If anyone knows the top Legends team gotsoccer profile link please share. We know a lot about the top 3 teams but from a curious observers point of view, I personally can’t find any of the major tournaments that’s this top Legends team has attended. If anyone has any tournament links for them please share. Maybe @Dontknowsoccer ? You seem to know the most about them and their scores. Thanks

The only major tournament they played is Cerritos Memorial Day... they beat Slammers Cruz 1-0 in the final and lost to them in group play 2-4. I have yet to see them play in Surf, Man or Blues Cup.i could be wrong though @Dontknowsoccer

The only major tournament they played is Cerritos Memorial Day... they beat Slammers Cruz 1-0 in the final and lost to them in group play 2-4. I have yet to see them play in Surf, Man or Blues Cup.i could be wrong though @Dontknowsoccer

Hmm interesting 1-0 win and a loss 2-4 against Cruz. Would expect a little better result from the 4th ranked team. Why do we have them as a top 5 team then? @SoccerFan6 initially ranked them high. And a few users like @Dontknowsoccer speak very highly of them. Let’s wait and see what they have to say.

Last edited:
I’ll take another shot, with the caveat that these are nine year old girls and their play can vary a lot from week to week.

The three tournaments with the best field over the summer were Manchester , Surf, and blues. The finals were: Manchester- Blues 4, SDSC1. Surf- MVLA 2, Blues 1. Blues- SDSC 2, Blues 1. Based on these 3 tournaments I think the top 3 are:
  1. Blues (Best talent top to bottom, their new additions improved their team from last year)
  2. SDSC. Probably my favorite team to watch, especially their CB is a joy to watch)
  3. Eagles. (As steady and consistent as they come)

After that it’s a little fuzzy to me. I haven’t seen Ole play, but I’d give them #4 based on their result against eagles and I may be drinking a bit of the Kool-Aide that Luis keeps throwing out there. Legends played SDSC tough and deserve the #5 spot. They can beat anyone any given day, but aren’t consistently at the same level as the top 3.

After that, I have no clue. SD Surf has been disappointing, I think some of their results this summer come from their keeper being good enough to account for 2-3 goals per game. Albion has beaten both Blues and Legends. Slammers PA and the Galaxys have shown flashes. Slammers Cruz taken a few steps back. Who am I missing that should be in the 6-10 range?

It should be fun to see how the season goes, and sounds like Surf Thanksgiving will be a great tournament.

I’ll take another shot, with the caveat that these are nine year old girls and their play can vary a lot from week to week.

The three tournaments with the best field over the summer were Manchester , Surf, and blues. The finals were: Manchester- Blues 4, SDSC1. Surf- MVLA 2, Blues 1. Blues- SDSC 2, Blues 1. Based on these 3 tournaments I think the top 3 are:
  1. Blues (Best talent top to bottom, their new additions improved their team from last year)
  2. SDSC. Probably my favorite team to watch, especially their CB is a joy to watch)
  3. Eagles. (As steady and consistent as they come)

After that it’s a little fuzzy to me. I haven’t seen Ole play, but I’d give them #4 based on their result against eagles and I may be drinking a bit of the Kool-Aide that Luis keeps throwing out there. Legends played SDSC tough and deserve the #5 spot. They can beat anyone any given day, but aren’t consistently at the same level as the top 3.

After that, I have no clue. SD Surf has been disappointing, I think some of their results this summer come from their keeper being good enough to account for 2-3 goals per game. Albion has beaten both Blues and Legends. Slammers PA and the Galaxys have shown flashes. Slammers Cruz taken a few steps back. Who am I missing that should be in the 6-10 range?

It should be fun to see how the season goes, and sounds like Surf Thanksgiving will be a great tournament.

I guess I’ll keep drinking the Kool Aide from you guys down south about the Legends team. Legends vs Blues results should give us a better picture this weekend.

1. Blues
2. SDSC
3. Eagles
4. Legends
5. Ole
6. Albion
7. Slammers PA
8. EDA
9. Surf Select
10. OC Surf

Last edited:
I guess I’ll keep drinking the Kool Aide from you guys down south about the Legends team. Legends vs Blues results should give us a better picture this weekend.

1. Blues
2. SDSC
3. Eagles
4. Legends
5. Ole
6. Albion
7. Slammers PA
8. EDA
9. Surf Select
10. OC Surf

I'd say this list is pretty accurate, although I think Slammers PA is too high. They just tied Galaxy, and got smoked by Legends. I'd group Slammers PA/OC Surf/Galaxy in the same cluster. OC Surf beat SD Surf in Surf Cup pretty handily so I'm not sure I'd even have them in top 10.

Is EDA an actual team, in an actual league?

SD Surf won their group at Surf Cup, finishing ahead of Heat and Albion, then lost 2-0 to Blues in the semi. At Blues Cup they beat Phoenix Rising 1-0, tied OC Galaxy, and lost to Blues 5-0. That’s a pretty good showing over the summer.

SD Surf won their group at Surf Cup, finishing ahead of Heat and Albion, then lost 2-0 to Blues in the semi. At Blues Cup they beat Phoenix Rising 1-0, tied OC Galaxy, and lost to Blues 5-0. That’s a pretty good showing over the summer.

My bad it was Man City...4-2 over Academy (Brookfield) and their Select team was there as well...if you're referring to the Select team maybe they are top 10...haven't seen them play.

I'd say this list is pretty accurate, although I think Slammers PA is too high. They just tied Galaxy, and got smoked by Legends. I'd group Slammers PA/OC Surf/Galaxy in the same cluster. OC Surf beat SD Surf in Surf Cup pretty handily so I'm not sure I'd even have them in top 10.

Is EDA an actual team, in an actual league?

Yeah I'd agree on Slammers PA, although to be fair I've never seen them play. I wasn't sure why they'd been placed up relatively high when they really hadn't played anyone. Also OC Surf didn't play SD Surf in Surf Cup. Surf actually performed pretty well in Surf Cup, beating Albion and Heat FC, as well as holding Blues to 2 goals in the Semi. OC Surf didn't win a single game, although in hindsight they were in a really tough group. I think SD Surf belongs in the top 10 conversation somewhere, as should LAG OC in my opinion. They're a solid team with a couple of stand out players.

Yes EDA (formerly La Mirada FC) is a team that plays in CSL South, where they're undefeated but really don't have any competition. https://coastsoccer.us/web/coastsoc...9&SEASON=fall&BRACKET=SS&Send+Form=Standings! At West Coast Classic they beat OC Surf 3-1 in pool play but lost to SDSC 6-1 in the Final. Like Slammers PA, I think we need to see more matchups with other teams on list to have a better idea of where they stand. I think the same can be said for Ole to some extent, who's really only played Eagles. Yes they've managed a couple solid results against Eagles, but results against just one team really doesn't tell the whole story.

Yeah I'd agree on Slammers PA, although to be fair I've never seen them play. I wasn't sure why they'd been placed up relatively high when they really hadn't played anyone. Also OC Surf didn't play SD Surf in Surf Cup. Surf actually performed pretty well in Surf Cup, beating Albion and Heat FC, as well as holding Blues to 2 goals in the Semi. OC Surf didn't win a single game, although in hindsight they were in a really tough group. I think SD Surf belongs in the top 10 conversation somewhere, as should LAG OC in my opinion. They're a solid team with a couple of stand out players.

Yes EDA (formerly La Mirada FC) is a team that plays in CSL South, where they're undefeated but really don't have any competition. https://coastsoccer.us/web/coastsoccer/standings?YEAR=2019&SEX=G&AGE=09&SEASON=fall&BRACKET=SS&Send+Form=Standings! At West Coast Classic they beat OC Surf 3-1 in pool play but lost to SDSC 6-1 in the Final. Like Slammers PA, I think we need to see more matchups with other teams on list to have a better idea of where they stand. I think the same can be said for Ole to some extent, who's really only played Eagles. Yes they've managed a couple solid results against Eagles, but results against just one team really doesn't tell the whole story.

Surf OC beat ISC Gunners (WA) in Surf Cup, but you're right their bracket was pretty brutal with Texans and MVLA.

Ole is the grittiest/scrappiest team I've seen play by far. Even against the top 3, they'll keep the game close.

Legends to me have improved the most from last season. They are without question #4.

Keep in mind that some of these teams are far more results oriented than others. Some of these coaches care only about development and are having girls play multiple positions during the game, have bench players play nearly as much as starters. etc. For example, the Blues aren't 8-10 goals better talent-wise than anyone on this list. I give SDSC a ton of credit because they play their game no matter the results...

I agree Legends should be #4. Legends was a good team last year and well-coached and you could tell they were only going to get better.

Good point about teams being results-oriented. Some coaches will play their bench players as much as their starters even if there is a big drop-off in talent and this often affects the game outcome.

Back