3. Eagles
4. Legends
5. Slammers PA
6. Ole
7. Albion
8. SD Surf Select
9. La Mirada
10. Surf OC

We can prob take out Cruz team since they lost 2 key players and are not as good as they were last year. The SD Surf team I'm talking about is the Select team. I know there are a few. This team is good just lacks a bit of defense. We played them without our goalie and had an auto gol and tied but we had way more shots at goal. Unfortunately we came to this tournament you linked without our goalie which had an effect on games. I can see Surf OC on the list. I remember we played them. They were a tough team but was a team we should have beat and not tied. Lots of missed goals. 1-4 are pretty set, 5-7 could flip flop positions and are solid defensively and can compete with the top 4 teams. They will not give up more than 1-2 goals per game. The problem is offensively they are not at the top 4 level. Any info on the Galaxy team you mentioned? Would like to see how they did against other teams to see if they deserve a spot on this list.

The only team I have not seen on this list is La Mirada...I'll have to take your word on their worthiness for being in the top 10.

I can only go by summer results and that SD Surf team was their academy team, same coach...I'd assume they'd bring their top team to play in the best bracket for Man City. As for their tie with Ole, well I did not witness the game, but can't every team say they missed opportunities? I think the scoreboard is always a pretty accurate barometer of how these teams stack up.

Quite honestly, the Blues lose one time in the last how many games vs. SDSC and now they're #2 on this list?

And I say this as a big fan of SDSC's brand of soccer...

Quite honestly, the Blues lose one time in the last how many games vs. SDSC and now they're #2 on this list?

Recency bias, and I'd tend agree with you. As said previously, any of the top 3 can beat each other on any given day, and all 3 are very close in terms of quality and depth. Still, these are 9 year old girls and outcomes can still vary greatly from day to day. But in terms of consistency of results over say the past 12 months, and if we had to rank them, I think it's #1 Blues, #2 SDSC, #3 Eagles. As I said though, it's really tight at the top. Great little teams.

Recency bias, and I'd tend agree with you. As said previously, any of the top 3 can beat each other on any given day, and all 3 are very close in terms of quality and depth. Still, these are 9 year old girls and outcomes can still vary greatly from day to day. But in terms of consistency of results over say the past 12 months, and if we had to rank them, I think it's #1 Blues, #2 SDSC, #3 Eagles. As I said though, it's really tight at the top. Great little teams.

Agreed, any given weekend 1-3 can beat each other.

And I think the same can be said 4-10 of this list.

It's hard to argue the distinct separation/gap between 1-3 and 4-10, and I highly doubt much of that changes by season's end.

It's hard to compete with the depth of quality those three teams have over a 50 minute game.

Going to steal this from the 09 boards. Would you let your daughter play on a Goats FC team?

I totally agree on creating and forming a team, meeting new kids, learning to develop fast and having fun. Great idea @rainbow_unicorn @Dominic @Justus and who ever else thought of this idea.

Going to steal this from the 09 boards. Would you let your daughter play on a Goats FC team?

I totally agree on creating and forming a team, meeting new kids, learning to develop fast and having fun. Great idea @rainbow_unicorn @Dominic @Justus and who ever else thought of this idea.

Lol...I actually commented on that thread over there...

I won't repeat my answer from over there, but per your direct question...

Yes, why not.

Is this really much different than guesting for another club?

These girls are 9...most of these F1s train extremely hard...let them have some fun away from their regular coach...

I think the Goats FC team is a great idea. IMO it is all positives. If it is really about development and having fun for the girls then there should be no issue with a Goats FC team as it accomplishes both.

I recommend it. One parent started it with the 09's the winter of their U10 season (this coming winter for 2010's). They would play futsal, small tournaments. Girls had so much fun playing with no pressure, no coaching...and the girls developed friendships with girls from other teams. It makes tough league or tournament games more fun when you know girls on the other team...both sides want to beat each other badly...but they also have a huge amount of respect for each other as well.

The only team I have not seen on this list is La Mirada...I'll have to take your word on their worthiness for being in the top 10.

I was curious so I did a little digging today while throwing some lunch down the pipe. The only game history I could find was them playing in CSL Bronze South in fall 2018 and finishing 9-0-1, and the Mayors Division of State Cup where they lost to Real SoCal in the Final. However, the team may no longer exist. La Mirada FC was the competitive arm of the Rec league La Mirada Soccer Association, and from what I can tell they disbanded their competitive teams after State Cup. No La Mirada FC teams are registered in CSL for the 2019 season. In fact, LMSA had lost their fields and recently won a fight to get them back. It's very likely that their players disbursed to other clubs in the area or maybe even went back to the Rec league.

I'd assume Luis knows of them from CSL or even their State Cup run, and is basing his inclusion on the list on that, but I don't think the team exists anymore.

Update to the above ...

Ahh it seems I found the team ... https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=1279707

They were most recently registered as EDA (Elite Development Academy) at West Coast Futbol Classic less than a month ago. They beat OC Surf 3-1 in bracket play and made the final but lost to SDSC 6-1.

Yes this is the team that was formerly known as La Mirada. They've added a couple of good players and we have scrimmaged with them twice last few months. We won one and we tied 1. That's why I put them above OC surf.

Do it quickly and stay quiet like I heard this team did. Very wise on their part. You don't want to piss off Big Clubs and Docs because they hold the key to your dd future later. Don't get blacklisted or labeled crazy soccer parent which has happened to some on this forum from what I've heard. We just think our little precious baby goats are the GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!!!!

Do it quickly and stay quiet like I heard this team did. Very wise on their part. You don't want to piss off Big Clubs and Docs because they hold the key to your dd future later. Don't get blacklisted or labeled crazy soccer parent which has happened to some on this forum from what I've heard. We just think our little precious baby goats are the GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!!!!

Curious how do you go about choosing which players make it on the Goat team. Is there some sort of tryouts?

I was curious so I did a little digging today while throwing some lunch down the pipe. The only game history I could find was them playing in CSL Bronze South in fall 2018 and finishing 9-0-1, and the Mayors Division of State Cup where they lost to Real SoCal in the Final. However, the team may no longer exist. La Mirada FC was the competitive arm of the Rec league La Mirada Soccer Association, and from what I can tell they disbanded their competitive teams after State Cup. No La Mirada FC teams are registered in CSL for the 2019 season. In fact, LMSA had lost their fields and recently won a fight to get them back. It's very likely that their players disbursed to other clubs in the area or maybe even went back to the Rec league.

I'd assume Luis knows of them from CSL or even their State Cup run, and is basing his inclusion on the list on that, but I don't think the team exists anymore.

Yes they were one of the Top teams in CSL and so was Empire G2010 which faced the Eagles in League Cup but that Empire team fell down a few levels from where they were at last year. Our 2011 girls gave them a run for their money losing 2-1 against them. All CSL teams start in Bronze the first season.

Curious how do you go about choosing which players make it on the Goat team. Is there some sort of tryouts?
Luis, it's done organically. Make friends with folks on the forum with your age group and form a team. That's it. However, I'm not sure you would fit the group from what I've read about you. You (dd will be find with it) have to be willing to come off the bench, play defense and learn to play with others.

No tryouts. You don't have to be best buddies...but be nice/cordial with other team parents. As players move from club to club a network builds of people who know people on other teams.

Yes this is the team that was formerly known as La Mirada. They've added a couple of good players and we have scrimmaged with them twice last few months. We won one and we tied 1. That's why I put them above OC surf.

So EDA is really LaMirada...?

Hmmmmm...

According to a source this was a "put together" team for this tournament and the only had a few practices under their belt...

LOL! Something tells me your kids ship has already sailed for GOATS

I wasn’t asking you. You seem to follow wherever I post lmao. Plus I’m sure you don’t have any kids playing at this age group. Good thing you didn’t reply to the other thread cause your buddy fact made himself look like an idiot making up stories about his kids.

Back