Today in Fascism

Not upset, just not naïve to think that any politician is truly virtuous and that the media is not biased. Cruz, not responsible for the Texas freeze, is being hyper villified. Emperor Cuomo, put on a pedestal, given awards for his actions. Shameful and disgusting.

Cruz is an idiot, Robert Francis is not virtuous, and Cuomo is a shameful human being. You may worship at one of these altars, I could care less.
How do you know what Beto’s intentions are? And if in his attempt for the spotlight he does some good is that all that bad?

How do you know what Beto’s intentions are? And if in his attempt for the spotlight he does some good is that all that bad?
I don't know what his intentions are. I do know that politicians never let a crisis go to waste. If an outcome is something positive for those suffering right now in Texas, then good. I won't hold my breath for something good to be the result of an action from a politician seeking the spotlight.

I don't know what his intentions are. I do know that politicians never let a crisis go to waste. If an outcome is something positive for those suffering right now in Texas, then good. I won't hold my breath for something good to be the result of an action from a politician seeking the spotlight.

You don't know, but that doesn't seem to slow you down.

And how does it look next to Teddy boys efforts or lack thereof?

And how does it look next to Teddy boys efforts or lack thereof?
Like I've alluded before, don't care. Not a Robert Francis fan or a Teddy fan. You can pick one, I don't pick either. They are public officials, one is a sitting senator who should be held to a high standard, the other made a failed attempt to be a publicly elected official. Both deserve the utmost scrutiny. I wouldn't vote for either of them. If I was on a deserted island and a constituency of one, I'd write in a candidate.

Like I've alluded before, don't care. Not a Robert Francis fan or a Teddy fan. You can pick one, I don't pick either. They are public officials, one is a sitting senator who should be held to a high standard, the other made a failed attempt to be a publicly elected official. Both deserve the utmost scrutiny. I wouldn't vote for either of them. If I was on a deserted island and a constituency of one, I'd write in a candidate.
So apparently you don’t know Beto’s story, but feel free to comment.

Do you have some examples?
Sure - he abandons the nickname "Beto" while he attended a fancy prep school in VA and Columbia. At least he was farsighted enough to re-name himself Beto on his return to El Paso.

Swampy kind of a guy, it's in his DNA.

Do you have some examples?
Isn't the fact that he calls himself "Beto" to appeal to Latinos in TX a very good starting point?

As I said before, thank god TX isn't full of Scandinavians. Otherwise we would have to deal with him calling himself Sven or Ragnar.

I'm guessing you don't know much about "Beto" and you are bored..
I am neither a Democrat nor a Texan, so Beto is just an occasional news item to me.

I like the way he showed up Ted Cruz recently. How about you?

Your comment "made a failed attempt to be a publicly elected official" made me look up his biography -- El Paso City Council 8 years, 6 years in Congress.

Isn't the fact that he calls himself "Beto" to appeal to Latinos in TX a very good starting point?

As I said before, thank god TX isn't full of Scandinavians. Otherwise we would have to deal with him calling himself Sven or Ragnar.

Is that like the way the Cuban-Canadian Rafael Cruz calls himself "Ted" to appeal to the whites in Texas?

Back