Today in Fascism

I'm a couple days late, but just wanted to point out real fascism.

It's called the elimination of Parler. It's the single largest example of fascism perhaps in the last 50 years. Care to know who is behind it?
Educate yourself. The government doesn’t control Amazon.

What should be concerning to you is the fact that the side of the political spectrum that is now actively calling for the suppression/elimination of speech/ideas they disagree with is coming from the left.

In the 60s the left was fighting against the "man". Today they want the "man" to ratchet things down, eliminate things they don't like, increase gov control over ever aspect of our lives, etc.

Funny how that works.

Today the live and let live group is probably your rural voter. The ones that want everything controlled is your old hippies and young wanna be hippy types in places like San Fran and Berkeley.

So you are ok with that? What is the shoe was on the other foot?

Or it doesn't bother you because liberal America owns most of the media? And that makes it ok to silence 74 million people?
Look, I have not posted here much since the election. I have no problem accepting what is and have moved on.......................................

But now I am already seeing things like this happen. Censorship of a people due to a 0.000002% of a Republican following.

And you are the problem. Lord knows how many cities would burn if Republicans tried to silence your political beliefs.

BTW, Fascism is much bigger than just "Government" but I didn't expect you to know that.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/fascism/Common-characteristics-of-fascist-movements

It's called the elimination of Parler. It's the single largest example of fascism perhaps in the last 50 years. Care to know who is behind it?

*mumble* *mumble* invisible hand of the market *mumble* *mumble* capitalism *mumble* zendesk doesn't care about you *mumble* *mumble*

So you are ok with that? What is the shoe was on the other foot?

Or it doesn't bother you because liberal America owns most of the media? And that makes it ok to silence 74 million people?
Look, I have not posted here much since the election. I have no problem accepting what is and have moved on.......................................

But now I am already seeing things like this happen. Censorship of a people due to a 0.000002% of a Republican following.

And you are the problem. Lord knows how many cities would burn if Republicans tried to silence your political beliefs.

BTW, Fascism is much bigger than just "Government" but I didn't expect you to know that.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/fascism/Common-characteristics-of-fascist-movements

How are 74 million people being silenced? They are still free to express their opinions on any of those online platforms as long as they do it within the terms and conditions they agreed to.

How are 74 million people being silenced? They are still free to express their opinions on any of those online platforms as long as they do it within the terms and conditions they agreed to.

Not advocating a particular point of view, but when do terms and conditions advocate free speech? Seams oxymoronic.

Not advocating a particular point of view, but when do terms and conditions advocate free speech? Seams oxymoronic.

The T&Cs of FB, for example, are pretty easy to live with. Discussions of political beliefs, no matter how ludicrous, are well within the bounds -- I see them every day within my circle of FB friends (and friends of friends, etc), It is also acceptable to make plans for peaceful demonstrations or political activities. Advocating violence for any purpose will have repercussions.

The T&Cs of FB, for example, are pretty easy to live with. Discussions of political beliefs, no matter how ludicrous, are well within the bounds -- I see them every day within my circle of FB friends (and friends of friends, etc), It is also acceptable to make plans for peaceful demonstrations or political activities. Advocating violence for any purpose will have repercussions.

Pretty much you do not believe in the Bill of Rights...

From the Supreme Court:

"Many people in the United States live in company-owned towns.[5] These people, just as residents of municipalities, are free citizens of their State and country. Just as all other citizens they must make decisions which affect the welfare of community and nation. To act as good citizens they must be informed. In order to enable them to be properly informed their information must be uncensored. There is no more reason for depriving these people of the liberties guaranteed by the First and Fourteenth 509*509 Amendments than there is for curtailing these freedoms with respect to any other citizen.[6]"

What should be concerning to you is the fact that the side of the political spectrum that is now actively calling for the suppression/elimination of speech/ideas they disagree with is coming from the left.

In the 60s the left was fighting against the "man". Today they want the "man" to ratchet things down, eliminate things they don't like, increase gov control over ever aspect of our lives, etc.

Funny how that works.

Today the live and let live group is probably your rural voter. The ones that want everything controlled is your old hippies and young wanna be hippy types in places like San Fran and Berkeley.
So like with the everyone should have a gun of any type everyone should be able to say whatever they like? Dominic has had his say on that in here. His ball, his game, his rules, agree, comply or goodbye. Same goes for any other private forum or platform. Not a hard concept to grasp really.

So like with the everyone should have a gun of any type everyone should be able to say whatever they like? Dominic has had his say on that in here. His ball, his game, his rules, agree, comply or goodbye. Same goes for any other private forum or platform. Not a hard concept to grasp really.
And as usual you miss the points again.

First off the interesting part is the calls for suppression, more restrictions, etc today come from the left. The curbs on speech have almost exclusively come from the left over the recent years. That is rather chilling.

Second off if Dominic kicks you off, that doesn't have an affect on the nations public discourse. Twitter, FB, etc have that power.

"But it should still make us uncomfortable that the choices of a handful of unelected technology executives have so much influence on public discourse."

www.nytimes.com

Who Should Make the Online Rules?
A handful of unelected tech executives have tremendous influence on public discourse. Is that right?
www.nytimes.com
www.nytimes.com

And as usual you miss the points again.

First off the interesting part is the calls for suppression, more restrictions, etc today come from the left. The curbs on speech have almost exclusively come from the left over the recent years. That is rather chilling.

Second off if Dominic kicks you off, that doesn't have an affect on the nations public discourse. Twitter, FB, etc have that power.

"But it should still make us uncomfortable that the choices of a handful of unelected technology executives have so much influence on public discourse."

www.nytimes.com

Who Should Make the Online Rules?
A handful of unelected tech executives have tremendous influence on public discourse. Is that right?
www.nytimes.com
www.nytimes.com
So if your business gets 100 customers a day the rules are different than if you get 10,000,000? Interesting, selective market regulations. So in your world if your product becomes wildly popular you lose control of it? To who then comes the responsibility of what is to become of your private enterprise?

Pretty much you do not believe in the Bill of Rights...

From the Supreme Court:

"Many people in the United States live in company-owned towns.[5] These people, just as residents of municipalities, are free citizens of their State and country. Just as all other citizens they must make decisions which affect the welfare of community and nation. To act as good citizens they must be informed. In order to enable them to be properly informed their information must be uncensored. There is no more reason for depriving these people of the liberties guaranteed by the First and Fourteenth 509*509 Amendments than there is for curtailing these freedoms with respect to any other citizen.[6]"

"In this case we are asked to decide whether a State, consistently with the First and Fourteenth Amendments, can impose criminal punishment on a person who undertakes to distribute religious literature on the premises of a company-owned town contrary to the wishes of the town's management. "

Back