Today in Fascism

Not voting should be a choice. Why should Americans be forced to choose between Biden and Trump (or any other candidate)? I think you can send a message by not voting as strongly as you can send a message by voting. While I don't know if this is authoritarian, it seems un-American and possibly a violation of free speech.

I would like to see a day off for election day if it would improve voter turnout.

One of the issues I see when people recommend policies from other countries, is the failure to look at the immigration policies of those countries and the impact of those policies on other parts of society. For example, people rave about the social policies of Sweden and things like free healthcare and education (through university). That's possible because Sweden has very strict immigration policies (and high taxes) which controls the costs of those services. Whereas, the US has very liberal immigration policies, nearly un-restricted immigration. Australia has very strict immigration policies, so its much easier to control election integrity when you don't have a material population of non-citizens.
This is authoritarian. It suppresses a form of protest - non-participation. If one doesn’t believe the the election process is legitimate, or that neither candidate represents them enough to vote for, not voting should be an option. For instance, if @espola ran against @Hüsker Dü, what would be the point of voting?
Its a paid holiday, with the only requirement being that you cast your vote. You can spoil the ballot, hence exercising your right to not vote for a dumb or dumber selection, and sending your protest message to all and sundry.

Naturally, dumb and dumber are very happy that, if you are not voting for them, then you are also not voting for the other, so they win/lose nothing and your protest non-vote achieves absolutely zero, but "yay, you"!

Australia has stringent voter enrollment criteria, no reason we couldn't do similar here. BTW 30% of Australians were not born in Australia, i.e. they are immigrants.

Why don't you just be a stand-up guy and own up to your behavior instead of fighting and denial? Or actually, do the right thing and apologize to GraceT. (better late than never).
You ever see the Matthew McConaughey movie “The Gentleman”? I enjoyed Grace’s view (or whoever was conjuring up that persona), if I did anything to offend I’m sure, if acting within the outline and established demeanor of that persona, I would have gotten an earful. Instead I believe it was either taken in the way intended or was seen as not meriting any response. Either way I’m fine. I don’t take myself or all this too seriously. A playful pat is just that when seen through an open mind.

A playful pat is just that when seen through an open mind.
Your mind is in the cutter. Telling all of us that the 900,000 kids that go missing are just runaways is stupid. You see, how your mind works is the person you truly are. Here's a scripture for you to chew on.

"Those (espola & Husker Du) who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those (crush) who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires (truth). The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God (espola, EOTL, Husker Du and Surf Futbol); it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God." Paul

This is you in a nutshell Husker Du. You live for your flesh.

Last edited:
"I hated that dog" -- Kristi Noem explaining why she shot one of her dogs in the local gravel pit.
I just got back from working the system and made a few bucks so I can post some more today. I did little research online and I got more of the story behind Kristi putting her dog down. I would not want to be one of her animals on her farm. She says in her soon-to-be released memoir that the dog, Cricket, was "untrainable" and "dangerous" and "she hated that dog."

After deciding she needed to be put down, Ms Noem led the dog to a gravel pit and shot her.

"It was not a pleasant job," she wrote. "But it had to be done."

The memoir, titled No Going Back: The Truth on What's Wrong with Politics and How We Move America Forward, is due for release on 7 May, though an excerpt was obtained by The Guardian.

The tale garnered several reactions from people online, prompting Ms Noem to defend herself in a post on X, formerly Twitter.

She wrote: "We love animals, but tough decisions like this happen all the time on a farm."

"Sadly, we just had to put down 3 horses a few weeks ago that had been in our family for 25 years."

Ms Noem, who dropped out (clever words from the writer) of college at age 22 to run her family farm in South Dakota, wrote in the memoir of trying to teach Cricket, a 14-month old wirehaired pointer, how to behave by taking her on a pheasant hunt with some older dogs.

But attempts to discipline her, including using an electronic collar, failed, she said.

On the way home from the hunt, she stopped to talk to a local family when Cricket escaped and attacked their chickens, "grabbing one chicken at a time, crunching it to death with one bite." (side note, my wife's dog ISIS killed three baby chickens the other day and killed the mother the next day. I did not shoot my wife's dog because that dog was just doing what a wolf dog would do, eat a chicken)

She said that the dog "whipped around to bite me" when she tried to bring it under control and that during the incident, Cricket was "the picture of pure joy".

After apologising to the family for the dog's behaviour, she said she realised it had to be put down.

"I hated that dog," she said.

The situation made her realise "another unpleasant job needed to be done" that day - getting rid of a male goat her family owned.

The goat was "nasty and mean", smelled "disgusting, musky, rancid", and would chase her young children, knocking them down.

Ms Noem said she shot down the goat in the same manner as Cricket, though the goat survived the first bullet, forcing her to go back to her truck to retrieve another shell.

Last edited:

National Debt Tracker: American taxpayers (we the people) are now on the hook for $34,554,969,025,868.11 as of 4/26/24. Many of you are not working hard enough. If everyone would just work harder, then we can bring down our debt. Together we can balance the budget. TGIFF so we can rest from all of our hard labor as slaves this week to the MAN!!!

Our world is crazy. We have Governors going around their farms killing dogs, goats and horses. We got psychopaths kidnapping children that are not running away and doing pure evil to them. Then this story just popped on my internet.

Man Convicted After Father Drowned In 'Baptism' To Exorcise His Demons

Jack Callahan, who was then 19, told police that after his father hit him several times at the pond, he decided to try “baptizing” his father to exorcise the “demon” that the teen saw in his eyes, prosecutors said. “He believed he was baptizing his father,” then-Assistant District Attorney Shanan Buckingham said at the arraignment.

You ever see the Matthew McConaughey movie “The Gentleman”? I enjoyed Grace’s view (or whoever was conjuring up that persona), if I did anything to offend I’m sure, if acting within the outline and established demeanor of that persona, I would have gotten an earful. Instead I believe it was either taken in the way intended or was seen as not meriting any response. Either way I’m fine. I don’t take myself or all this too seriously. A playful pat is just that when seen through an open mind.
That's not what happened though, was it? In fact, the Notintheface persona disappeared never to be seen again and Grace did call out the hypocrisy of the whiney EOTLs who were constantly badgering the moderator to cancel accounts. But, you already know that.

That's not what happened though, was it? In fact, the Notintheface persona disappeared never to be seen again and Grace did call out the hypocrisy of the whiney EOTLs who were constantly badgering the moderator to cancel accounts. But, you already know that.
He also left out the part a while back when he denied ever doing it. He's got a lot more in common with Trump than he realizes.

Good memory bro. I have to leave again to make some money to pay them bills. The real-world work life is no joke. My pal Colin works over 60 hours a week making over $200K a year. We talk every week. I ask him how he's doing, and he just says, "being a slave and working for the MAN." He's 53 and wants to move to Bali by the end of 2025. He's #1 recruiter and had a record year last year. You know what his reward is this year? A cut in commissions because the economy sucks. He's pissed off and I don't blame him.

Good memory bro. I have to leave again to make some money to pay them bills. The real-world work life is no joke. My pal Colin works over 60 hours a week making over $200K a year. We talk every week. I ask him how he's doing, and he just says, "being a slave and working for the MAN." He's 53 and wants to move to Bali by the end of 2025. He's #1 recruiter and had a record year last year. You know what his reward is this year? A cut in commissions because the economy sucks. He's pissed off and I don't blame him.

Back