To which tournament (USA) would you take your HS team in December (holiday break) of 2018?

BuddyG

BRONZE
I don't know anything about high school tournaments (women) and was just asked to took into one for the holiday break two years from now. Domestic travel is fine, but further may require some fund-raising (not impossible). The team should do well for their part of Los Angeles and their school's history, but won't be in the Olympics. I do imagine a few players will play in college, but am not qualified to speculate more in that regard. The team should be a good HS team, but only about half will play club (a few SCDSL flight 1).

All this to say, what tournaments would you recommend for our team? (Looking to have fun, compete, and make some memories...)

Excaliber in Orange County is a great December tournament. Isn't fall the season for high school soccer in most other parts of the country? So I don't think there are many options for a HS tournament that require travel in December. CASL has a great showcase for club teams in December. Disney has a great club soccer tournament in January.

One of the best things about HS soccer is playing relatively local. Enjoy it, there is plenty of travel available for club and the HS season goes by very fast as it is.

We refuse any holiday plain and simple- refuse to give that up for club soccer unless it's an ID camp for college.
I can't think of any place I would RATHER NOT BE in a holiday than Orlando, Florida for example. Or the Thanksgiving stuff- no. Ski vacation is more important

Back