Time Warp - Back to the 80's - I Like it (uh huh uh huh)

When this is all over, I think restaurants, bars and breweries are going to see large crowds.

I hope so and I hope when this is over people will go out of their way to support their local small businesses. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to get to go food from my local restaurants as long as health officials will allow.

I hope so and I hope when this is over people will go out of their way to support their local small businesses. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to get to go food from my local restaurants as long as health officials will allow.
Good idea! Traditional "sit-down" restaurants need the most help because just being open for takeout usually doesn't cover the cost of keeping the kitchen open. Most will have enough cash to cover employees for a week or two, but after that, will not be good. So instead of only considering Chipotle or Luna Grill for takeout, please also give some business to your other locally owned sit-down restaurants and cafes that are trying to make the take-out thing work.

Good idea! Traditional "sit-down" restaurants need the most help because just being open for takeout usually doesn't cover the cost of keeping the kitchen open. Most will have enough cash to cover employees for a week or two, but after that, will not be good. So instead of only considering Chipotle or Luna Grill for takeout, please also give some business to your other locally owned sit-down restaurants and cafes that are trying to make the take-out thing work.

My wife helps out occasionally at a friend's Thai restaurant. They are limited now to take-out and delivery orders, which were becoming a bigger and bigger part of their business anyway. The owner laid off the table-waiting staff until the restriction on in-house dining is lifted - they are the ones who are hurt most directly.

You left out a key piece of information...we didn't wear helmets, either.

Mid 70's for me, we also built ramps to jump off out of old pieces of plywood and rocks or random pieces of brick. We also had BB gun fights and orchard wars. Getting hit by an unripe avocado hurt like hell. Ice plant sledding was another fun one.

The funny part is our parents didn't really tell us not to do those things, but had no sympathy for us when we got hurt. Basically, they would just say "Well what the hell did you think was going to happen?"

Were fortunate that we live in an old school neighborhood and the pack of kids just roam around and usually make it home before dark. The main difference between old school then and now is that I can track my kids on Life360.

Exactly like us, my brother and I still have a few reminder marks from those days

We didn't even have a key to the house, the front door only locked from the inside and the back door was always open. We knew every person and adult in the hood. We made our first motorzied gas bikes while in middle school and used to go where we wanted to, neither of us ever had a parent drive us to any activity, school, or the like during the week. We had one family car and dad was using it for work during the week.

Besides little league there where few organized sports in our small beach town. We didn't play on any organized teams until we went to high school. Lots of over the line, frisbee, surfing, pickup football, basketball wasn't big back then.

When the daily growth in the number of new cases starts to decline.
Unfortunately, that won't be enough. We have to get to a point where enough of the population has recovered (or been vaccinated) that the spread will no longer be exponential - otherwise, when we stop the social distancing (which I always thought meant quitting facebook) the numbers will spike again.

Schools will be more than likely will be closed for the rest of the school year. For the clubs practicing within school district facilities, this basically eliminates at least April through June. It will be interesting to see how club organizations react to this news (if approved by state of CA)

Schools will be more than likely will be closed for the rest of the school year. For the clubs practicing within school district facilities, this basically eliminates at least April through June. It will be interesting to see how club organizations react to this news (if approved by state of CA)

Between elementary, middle, high, and college facilities that's a large majority of club teams. Parks & Rec (mostly ayso) and private facilities are about the only facilities options if it comes down to that. Who will teams play if only 1/3rd of them for example have places to train or play?

Back