Time to Play

Grace probably doesn't even begin to comprehend the complexity of producing an effective vaccine. Some of the best scientific minds in the world are trying to find an good vaccine. But hey, guess she is an expert.

While I think a vaccine will eventually be produced (though it may not be 100% effective or a magic bullet), and while I'm not sure of it, I've begun to suspect Fauci is deliberately being misleading about the timetable for producing a vaccine. Given his history of lying (admittedly about the masks, and suspectedly about the length of the lockdowns), I think he is painting a rosy picture to try and keep people in line (knowing if he were to say summer 2021-late 2021 people would just say f this and rebel but if it's only a few months they are more likely to hold it together for longer). We already know despite the AAP paper, his preference leans towards keeping the schools closed.

While I think a vaccine will eventually be produced (though it may not be 100% effective or a magic bullet), and while I'm not sure of it, I've begun to suspect Fauci is deliberately being misleading about the timetable for producing a vaccine. Given his history of lying (admittedly about the masks, and suspectedly about the length of the lockdowns), I think he is painting a rosy picture to try and keep people in line (knowing if he were to say summer 2021-late 2021 people would just say f this and rebel but if it's only a few months they are more likely to hold it together for longer). We already know despite the AAP paper, his preference leans towards keeping the schools closed.
Grace, you will never be allowed to go on "The Good News" thread if you keep taking the high road when baited. ;-)

what makes you think he knows?

Oxford is starting trials in Brazil and South Africa because they need more data. That’s just another way of saying they don’t know yet.

Oxford is starting trials in Brazil and South Africa because they need more data. That’s just another way of saying they don’t know yet.
Yes, specifically they are doing that because higher rates of infection will yield more reliable test results. My point being only that they haven't had any setbacks yet.

Soweto, South Africa — Britain's Prince William went to Oxford University on Wednesday to meet patients taking part in a human trial of a promising coronavirus vaccine. But with cases of COVID-19 plummeting in England, researchers fear the trial involving 10,000 people may not yield results conclusive enough to prove the vaccine works.

You're right. Maybe he doesn't. But if he doesn't, why is he saying anything?

While I think a vaccine will eventually be produced (though it may not be 100% effective or a magic bullet), and while I'm not sure of it, I've begun to suspect Fauci is deliberately being misleading about the timetable for producing a vaccine.
This is my bailiwick and it is clear from this comment that you are out of your depth here. I will just leave it at that.

In defense of Fauci, I don't know that he is being intentionally misleading, but I think he's giving himself wide latitude in his responses so he is never totally wrong. (i.e. he might of learned from his mask debacle) Agreed, the vaccine is not a magic bullet, nor the deciding benchmark factor that some are making it out to be. We're doing much better with therapeutics and treatment protocols, I understand that hospital stays for Covid have been shortened significantly. We're also doing a much better job of protecting the vulnerable as evidenced by the significant decrease in deaths.

In defense of Fauci, I don't know that he is being intentionally misleading, but I think he's giving himself wide latitude in his responses so he is never totally wrong. (i.e. he might of learned from his mask debacle) Agreed, the vaccine is not a magic bullet, nor the deciding benchmark factor that some are making it out to be. We're doing much better with therapeutics and treatment protocols, I understand that hospital stays for Covid have been shortened significantly. We're also doing a much better job of protecting the vulnerable as evidenced by the significant decrease in deaths.

Dr Fauci and team (including short sighted governors-politicians) haven't a care for the the long term mental effects of our children:

Dr Fauci and team (including short sighted governors-politicians) haven't a care for the the long term mental effects of our children:

One reason I hated school was science teachers. Oh my, did I have fun with one lady. I used to argue with her over evolution and all that stuff. I told her in front of the class that God made everything and the class agreed with me. She was after me after that debate in class. She was insane. I think she studied rocks and had names for them and actually talked to them.

Look Chiefs, I get that we are all frustrated. We spent over three months on lockdown and we are just slightly better off than we were in March. And I don't always agree with Newsome, like when he closed the beaches early on. Other than the 4th of July, there is plenty of space at the beach to spread yourself out.

However, you have to remember that governors govern to the lowest common denominator. You and I can have a safe gathering at our homes (I've had a few and attended a few); I can take that 35 mph curve at 70; etc. I'm pretty sure all of us on here are NOT the lowest common denominator and hence the frustration.

But with Texas, Florida, and Arizona rolling back their reopenings, that Blue v. Red state argument is dead. We are literally all in this together. There is no way around it, this is the new normal. We will be up and down, reopening and shutting/rolling back, until December (hopefully!!). That is depressing!

And I agree with Watfly that the only thing we can do NOW is be as smart as possible.

Look Chiefs, I get that we are all frustrated. We spent over three months on lockdown and we are just slightly better off than we were in March. And I don't always agree with Newsome, like when he closed the beaches early on. Other than the 4th of July, there is plenty of space at the beach to spread yourself out.

However, you have to remember that governors govern to the lowest common denominator. You and I can have a safe gathering at our homes (I've had a few and attended a few); I can take that 35 mph curve at 70; etc. I'm pretty sure all of us on here are NOT the lowest common denominator and hence the frustration.

But with Texas, Florida, and Arizona rolling back their reopenings, that Blue v. Red state argument is dead. We are literally all in this together. There is no way around it, this is the new normal. We will be up and down, reopening and shutting/rolling back, until December (hopefully!!). That is depressing!

And I agree with Watfly that the only thing we can do NOW is be as smart as possible.
I agree, and I would just like to add that it's not a Blue vs. Red reaction that were having currently because the rolling back of certain activities is based on data and common sense, plus its targeted and not blanketed. It's when we have arbitrary or blanket decisions based on what appears to be politics that it becomes a Blue/Red thing, and results in people taking the mandates less seriously, even the reasonable ones like masks. I would imagine that the majority of us, regardless of which way we lean (or teeter on the far ends), think that the closing of the bars is a good idea.

I still want kids physically back in school and preferably without major restrictions as is recommended by the Academy of Pediatrics.

I agree, and I would just like to add that it's not a Blue vs. Red reaction that were having currently because the rolling back of certain activities is based on data and common sense, plus its targeted and not blanketed. It's when we have arbitrary or blanket decisions based on what appears to be politics that it becomes a Blue/Red thing, and results in people taking the mandates less seriously, even the reasonable ones like masks. I would imagine that the majority of us, regardless of which way we lean (or teeter on the far ends), think that the closing of the bars is a good idea.

I still want kids physically back in school and preferably without major restrictions as is recommended by the Academy of Pediatrics.
Look, we have some very selfish adults and it's sad. I've never seen anything like what I'm noticing. I see some who say they care but their lives the last 20 years has nothing to show. Now they say they care about others.....lol!!! I would stay home forever so kids can play and be kids and have a normal life. I mean that 100%. I had a good run, let kids have a life.

Not saying it's a blue/red issue, its a leadership issue or lack there of. In our particular state, Newsome said he would listen to science. Well LISTEN! Kids are more harmed mentally from the shutdown, than the virus itself.

Not saying it's a blue/red issue, its a leadership issue or lack there of. In our particular state, Newsome said he would listen to science. Well LISTEN! Kids are more harmed mentally from the shutdown, than the virus itself.
Chiefs, you need to chill out bro. These people do not care about kids. No sir, they come first. Nov 4th we should know our future.

Selfishly, I want to loosen restrictions on sports because I don't feel our current "allowed" activities at practice are any where near the $200+ / month dues we are paying. But, here I am... paying the god damn dues!

Now offering Club Soccer Insurance or CSI......lol. Pay $19.95 a month and if the season is cancelled for any reason, ((Earthquake, Flood like Noah's Ark, Virus, ect)) you get all your money back. CSI might want to wait until next year to take orders for the 2021-2022 seasons but I like the idea.......

Back