Time to Play

Can you take your GED at 16? That doesn't appear to be allowed (link below). However, the same thing can be accomplished by filing a PSA and homeschooling. You can take about 2/3 of a full load for free at a JC and fulfill HS UC and NCAA requirements for admittance while accumulating college credits. I assume you can take a full load if you pay tuition. Not saying it didn't happen - just genuinely curious if that's an option for 16 year olds.

If you are underage, you must meet one of the following additional requirements:

• You must be within 60 days of your 18th birthday (regardless of school enrollment status).
  • You are within 60 days of when you would have graduated from high school had you remained in school and followed the usual course of study. (Candidates testing under this criterion may not be enrolled in high school.)
  • You are 17 years of age; have been out of school for at least 60 consecutive days; and provide a letter of request for the test from the military, a postsecondary educational institution, or a prospective employer. The letter is to be provided to a test administrator at a local Pearson VUE test center that delivers the GED® test for the administrator’s review and approval.

If you are underage, you must meet one of the following additional requirements:

• You must be within 60 days of your 18th birthday (regardless of school enrollment status).
  • You are within 60 days of when you would have graduated from high school had you remained in school and followed the usual course of study. (Candidates testing under this criterion may not be enrolled in high school.)
  • You are 17 years of age; have been out of school for at least 60 consecutive days; and provide a letter of request for the test from the military, a postsecondary educational institution, or a prospective employer. The letter is to be provided to a test administrator at a local Pearson VUE test center that delivers the GED® test for the administrator’s review and approval.
Yeah, it's possible under this one. If you take it at 16, that basically means you can't turn 17 late March, early April of your senior year at the earliest. That happens when kids start a year early or skip a grade somewhere along the line.

Yeah, it's possible under this one. If you take it at 16, that basically means you can't turn 17 late March, early April of your senior year at the earliest. That happens when kids start a year early or skip a grade somewhere along the line.

BTW, I'm not advocating taking your GED at 16 or 17. I'm saying you can work now at 16, take JC classes and take GED whenever the heck you like. I took it after basketball season was over my Sr year and went to work 40 hours a week at a warehouse and was making $200 a week. My goal was warehouse manager. This guy Phil was set to retire in 5 years and I was next in line at 18 years old. However, I was playing lots of hoops too. One day I was lifting a heavy box the wrong way and my back went out for the first time when I was 18 and I still have issues. My short dream of being warehouse manger went out the window. Now what? Well, one night I was feeling really really depressed with my life and all my pals from grade school were looking more and more smarter and I was a loser. I went to the Army and they said, "No." Now what? Whatever, the fact is if your going to be a Sr and you turn 18 in October, you can take the dam test and move on with your life.

No, I am not sure. I am not trained in police duties and I wasn't at the scene.

Those statements were made by the other police officer on the scene who was watching the whole thing through the passenger window. You should ask him.

Why don't you watch the video yourself? Did you know it's all over the web?

What statements, you putz? I'm talking about exactly what I saw and heard on the dashcam video.

These statements --

Philando Castile was not resisting or fleeing. There was absolutely no criminal intent exhibited by him throughout this encounter. He was respectful and compliant based upon the instructions and orders he was given. He volunteered in good faith that he had a firearm – beyond what the law requires. He emphatically stated that he wasn't pulling it out. His movement was restricted by his own seat belt. He was accompanied, in his vehicle, by a woman and a young child. Philando Castile did not exhibit any intent, nor did he have any reason, to shoot Officer Yanez.

BTW, I'm not advocating taking your GED at 16 or 17. I'm saying you can work now at 16, take JC classes and take GED whenever the heck you like. I took it after basketball season was over my Sr year and went to work 40 hours a week at a warehouse and was making $200 a week. My goal was warehouse manager. This guy Phil was set to retire in 5 years and I was next in line at 18 years old. However, I was playing lots of hoops too. One day I was lifting a heavy box the wrong way and my back went out for the first time when I was 18 and I still have issues. My short dream of being warehouse manger went out the window. Now what? Well, one night I was feeling really really depressed with my life and all my pals from grade school were looking more and more smarter and I was a loser. I went to the Army and they said, "No." Now what? Whatever, the fact is if your going to be a Sr and you turn 18 in October, you can take the dam test and move on with your life.
I am all for choice. I wouldn't say I'm an advocate for taking the GED early either, but I believe for some it's the best route. One size does not fit all.

I am all for choice. I wouldn't say I'm an advocate for taking the GED early either, but I believe for some it's the best route. One size does not fit all.
Thank you thank you. Let's take Jose for example. Jose turns 18 in December. Going to be his big Sr year coming up. He loves playing football with his friends in HS and this season was looking promising, but that's looking like a 90% chance of a "no way, Jose." Also, Jose was on the best baseball team last year and the team was having a season unlike any season in school history. That undefeated season was cancelled because of Corona. Now they want to offer online class his Sr year. Jose is no moss and is done with HS and will go work with his dad's essential business that is growing like crazy.

I asked my friend and he said he was 16 and I asked how he pulled that off and he sent me this.

Under rare special circumstances, a student may decide to take the GED at age 16. This occurs when a student has skipped several grades or has been accepted into a university program prior to high school graduation. In this case, the institution will request that the age requirement be waived and the student will submit an age-waiver application for the GED. The California Department of Education will decide whether or not to allow the student to take the exam. Acceptance into the program or college will be dependent upon passing the GED.

I think my friends son got busted and might have missed some school for being in Juvey for a year or so. You can take the GED at 16.

I asked my friend and he said he was 16 and I asked how he pulled that off and he sent me this.

Under rare special circumstances, a student may decide to take the GED at age 16. This occurs when a student has skipped several grades or has been accepted into a university program prior to high school graduation. In this case, the institution will request that the age requirement be waived and the student will submit an age-waiver application for the GED. The California Department of Education will decide whether or not to allow the student to take the exam. Acceptance into the program or college will be dependent upon passing the GED.

I think my friends son got busted and might have missed some school for being in Juvey for a year or so. You can take the GED at 16.
I think you can do JC early if your school gives permission for dual enrollment.

You can also do a PSA. Either way you can work towards getting enough credits to transfer, like Dre's daughter is trying.

This things so political

Look at the list. What are red states doing? What are blue states doing? 100% the opposite of each other.

I think you can do JC early if your school gives permission for dual enrollment.

You can also do a PSA. Either way you can work towards getting enough credits to transfer, like Dre's daughter is trying.
I think GED has some sort of "dumbness" to it, right or big failure you are? I saw it like this. Genius Einstein and Divine

This things so political

Look at the list. What are red states doing? What are blue states doing? 100% the opposite of each other.
Same folks in 2016 too. My friend calls them all jokers. Same sides and fighting over power as we all sit here waiting for the next move. I want to believe and trust people but this is so obvious the gig is up.

I think GED has some sort of "dumbness" to it, right or big failure you are? I saw it like this. Genius Einstein and Divine
if you are doing JC early, the GED or CHSPE is a device for getting higher enrollment priority.

My son does JC, and he always has to enroll last because he is young. Depending on the school, it can become difficult to get the class you want.

(3 kids, only the 10 year old does soccer. )

Back