Time to Play

From the CDC:

For children (0-17 years), cumulative COVID-19 hospitalization rates are much lower than cumulative influenza hospitalization rates at comparable time points* during recent influenza seasons.

Is this in response to something already posted? Or are you just throwing out numbers?

As IAM waiting outside to pickup some food I ordered outside wearing a mask. Two unmasked Police officers walk in, door opened for them and they order and walk out with food while the rest of in the line are wow nice, priority service and different rules for the privileged. At that point yes I have to say I've feel like I've been "played" since nobody else can even walk -in.
Pics or it didn't happen. Seriously though, take a picture or videio when you see stuff like this.

Despite a variety of states opening up in May...and despite more people showing up as infected (we are testing a lot more)...the CDC states that:
Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza or COVID-19 (PIC) decreased from 11.4% during week 23 to 7.1% during week 24. This is the eighth week during which a declining percentage of deaths due to PIC has been recorded

Is this in response to something already posted? Or are you just throwing out numbers?
This in response to why we should open up and let kids play sports...which is the topic of this thread right?

And related to what the thread is about...the CDC points out that kids have less of an issue with covid vs the flu. And yet we dont stop sports for the flu do we espola?

Haven’t your experts told us that they have found that A Symptomatic cases aren’t communicating the virus?
That was just WHO, and they backpedaled it when all the researchers said “WTF???”.

Current guidance is that a little less than half of transmission is from people who do not yet show symptoms.

This in response to why we should open up and let kids play sports...which is the topic of this thread right?

And related to what the thread is about...the CDC points out that kids have less of an issue with covid vs the flu. And yet we dont stop sports for the flu do we espola?

Kids can get flu vaccine shots and there is a large catalog of effective treatments for kids who get it anyway.

We are working on the equivalents for covid-19 right now.

Why officials aren't alarmed by spiking coronavirus cases ...
www.latimes.com › california › story › alarmed-by-spi...

1 day ago - (Gary Coronado / Los Angeles Times) ... The county, a hotbed of COVID-19 in California, now has reported more than 3,000 deaths and 80,000 confirmed cases. ... relatively steady, while average daily deaths have declined, L.A. officials said.

" But health officials continue to discount those concerns, saying total new cases is not the best measure of community spread because of aggressive levels of new testing. They point to other metrics they say show that the local outbreak has stabilized — even though the number of new cases increased by nearly 20,000 in the last two weeks and by more than 3,600 just over the weekend.

Two key indicators — the positivity rate and average number of daily hospitalizationshave continued to remain relatively steady, while average daily deaths have declined, L.A. officials said. Officials said they are monitoring the metrics closely and could impose new restrictions if needed.

“The most important data continues to be looking at our death data and our hospitalization data and our rate of positivity, and ... all of the indicators really point to the fact that we are fairly stable and that we in fact continue to slow the spread of COVID-19,” Barbara Ferrer, the county’s health director, said Friday.

The average daily number of hospitalizations has been decreasing since late April, Ferrer said Friday, although she did note there has been a slight increase over the past three days. That could be because most hospitals are now testing all patients for COVID-19, even those who are being treated for unrelated issues, she said.

The seven-day average of daily deaths has also been trending downward since April 12, Ferrer said. The average reached its highest peak in early May, when 45 to 46 people were dying each day. In early June, the rate had slowed to 20 to 30 deaths a day, she said.."

Despite a variety of states opening up in May...and despite more people showing up as infected (we are testing a lot more)...the CDC states that:
Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza or COVID-19 (PIC) decreased from 11.4% during week 23 to 7.1% during week 24. This is the eighth week during which a declining percentage of deaths due to PIC has been recorded

In the USA, the infections and deaths from pneumonia and influenza taper off after April almost every year.

Deaths from all causes is up 3% this year through today compared to the expected deaths (average of the last three years adjusted for population growth).

This is some good stuff, espola. Thank you for posting.

Here is CA weekly deaths with a 95% Confidence Interval line (Expect about 1 in 20 months to be above the line). While data isn't complete for the most recent weeks, they attempt to "predict" the total each week based on how previous weeks have added deaths as time passes. The spike over the line in January, 2018 was due to the flu.

1592940181797.png

Seems like a good reason to complain to your local police.

There weren't my local police from a nearby City that I don't have interaction with.

One of my children works in food services and they told me same thing had been going on in our city. Up until this week they could only suggest mask use but now with the state wide order required unless you're in that "special" class where it's don't ask or advise per management.

...no issue with the statistics, used them in the original post. It's the selective enforcement and outrage, along with subjugation, that I take issue with...to which you're the best example.

Best example of what? I think you should do whatever you want, but if I observe anyone making vacuous or incorrect statements, what I want to do is to point that out.

Florida and Georgia, with their early opening policies, are striving to catch up with the rest of the country.

I guess they have a long way to go.

Per the CDC.

NY 29k
PA 6300
MA 7k
NJ 12500

And we can look at the 4 states including/by FL and GA
GA 1900
FL 2700
SC 550
AL 813

This link shows deaths by state.

You should also look at deaths by week in the US and note how despite states opening up, more testing positive...deaths have plummeted.

The week of 4/18 the US had 16300 deaths
The week of 6/13 the US had 1260 deaths

That was just WHO, and they backpedaled it when all the researchers said “WTF???”.

Current guidance is that a little less than half of transmission is from people who do not yet show symptoms.
Who’s guidance?

“Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO’s technical lead on the Covid-19 pandemic, made it very clear Tuesday that the actual rates of asymptomatic transmissions aren’t yet known.”

Kids can get flu vaccine shots and there is a large catalog of effective treatments for kids who get it anyway.

We are working on the equivalents for covid-19 right now.
And again...the CDC is reporting that kids have LESS issues with COVID then they do with the FLU. This is despite there being a FLU vaccine and effective treatments.

What part of the CDC info is confusing to you?

Who’s guidance?

“Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO’s technical lead on the Covid-19 pandemic, made it very clear Tuesday that the actual rates of asymptomatic transmissions aren’t yet known.”

Might as well be these guys...
1592942261838.png

And again...the CDC is reporting that kids have LESS issues with COVID then they do with the FLU. This is despite there being a FLU vaccine and effective treatments.

What part of the CDC info is confusing to you?

I'm not confused by any CDC info because you haven't presented any.

Back