Time Magazine- How kids sports became a $15 Billion industry

And as for anyone worrying about what this family does or what this kid says........SO WHAT.....thats their buisness..........work ethic, dedication, believing in something, having goals and dreams, sacrificing time and money, and most of all courage!!!!..............im sure all of you adults have been guilty of these qualities in college...your work places....or in some cases your marriages or relationships. But with out putting forward your best and the best that you know how like these folks, I'm sure each of you knocking them have failed in one way or another! Be honest....and think if only you would have put more effort towards goals, got better grades, made different decisions, worked harder, been employee of the month, really knocked the socks off your spouse. Im SURE ALL YOU have something you wish you could have done better in life, and Im sure this family is gonna leave it all on the table givin their situation in life to give their daughter a chance......Im doing the same for my kids, and if that is something your guys are gonna knock or talk trash on, then your and ASSHOLE and you can P.M. me and we can have a 1v1 training session for FREE on how to have some RESPECT..........

PEACE

You must have an older. Here is the latest scam:
Clubs saying that the girls just have privates logged and then it had to be the coaches within the club.
100$ an hour.
Another super ethical thing is privates with the coach who will be coaching next years age group "to get ahead".
I don't blame the coaches these parents are suckers.
Other than the $ amount, this is a very old scam. Not new. My favorite club has been doing this for years and promising college scholarships in return.

Soccer is cheap. Plus they keep score so you know who wins a game. Can never tell why one dance wins over another.

My daughter has been dancing for 9 years because she loves it. No scholarship chances, probably won't dance in college. Puts in 15 hours per week, plus competitions. Cost is over $500 per month easy. Still doing it in High School because she loves it. Stays up until 1 am to finish homework because she danced 2 hours at High School on their team, then 3 hours at the studio. Why, because she loves it. Did I mention no scholarship chances.

The moral is keep your kid out of dance. Just kidding, but I have been know to tell that to other parents on the soccer fields.

I pay the money because my daughter loves it. She is committed to it, she is balancing it with the rest of her life, she lives and breaths dance. She is very good, but not great. Do things for your kids because your kids want it. Always make sure they continue to want whatever it is they spend all their time with. Do it for the right reasons.

Soccer is cheap. Plus they keep score so you know who wins a game. Can never tell why one dance wins over another.

My daughter has been dancing for 9 years because she loves it. No scholarship chances, probably won't dance in college. Puts in 15 hours per week, plus competitions. Cost is over $500 per month easy. Still doing it in High School because she loves it. Stays up until 1 am to finish homework because she danced 2 hours at High School on their team, then 3 hours at the studio. Why, because she loves it. Did I mention no scholarship chances.

The moral is keep your kid out of dance. Just kidding, but I have been know to tell that to other parents on the soccer fields.

I pay the money because my daughter loves it. She is committed to it, she is balancing it with the rest of her life, she lives and breaths dance. She is very good, but not great. Do things for your kids because your kids want it. Always make sure they continue to want whatever it is they spend all their time with. Do it for the right reasons.

Exact same boat but my daughter is a year shy of high school. I might add that the cost of a costume is insane, and I think she had 9 or so last year (For me ignorance is bliss when it comes to the cost of dance). Unlike soccer there is zero room in competition for error whether group or solo dance. Watching my son play soccer is way more relaxing than watching my daughter dance.

My daughter loves it.

I love this post...I feel for you though! I have been so very thankful my daughters like soccer because I would rather sit in the heat at Silverlakes than sit through multiple dances of unknown people all day long to see my child dance for 3.5 minutes. In fact, I would rather take a beating and just get it over with. LOL

Perfectly stated, except for "soccer is cheap"

Back