Thoughts on split team practices

Hello All
I had a question and needed some thoughts and opinions.
My Child got offered a spot to join a newly formed ECNL team for 20/21 The team will consist of players from a combination of 3 teams. A DA team, an ECNL team and an ECRL team.
The practices will be split with 1/2 of the players practicing with the Head Coach in the Pasadena area and the other half with an assistant coach in Irvine. Eventually the two teams will come together on the weekends to form a full team for league, tournaments, and scrimmages.
Before I fully commit I want to hear from others. Do you foresee this working out? Pros and Cons? Has anybody’s child ever played on a team with split practices, if so how did it work out?

I can’t help but think your situation is what is going on at Strikers. I have read these posts for a while and finally feel the need to make a post because as a parent I have a card in this deck. So here it goes. From what I know of the situation, the coach in OC is not a fan of the split practices. We were told that he actually decided it would be best to just take the collection of kids in that area and work with them as one unified group. This is what we wanted as well. These are young girls and relationships and chemistry matter. He also coaches Division 1 College soccer and we think he will do the best job of developing and using his contacts going forward for our daughter. He has shown that over and over again. From our perspective everything changes just about every year in club anyways and the most important thing to us is coaching and chemistry. We also aren’t comfortable with things in Pasadena, but maybe others are.

I can’t help but think your situation is what is going on at Strikers. I have read these posts for a while and finally feel the need to make a post because as a parent I have a card in this deck. So here it goes. From what I know of the situation, the coach in OC is not a fan of the split practices. We were told that he actually decided it would be best to just take the collection of kids in that area and work with them as one unified group. This is what we wanted as well. These are young girls and relationships and chemistry matter. He also coaches Division 1 College soccer and we think he will do the best job of developing and using his contacts going forward for our daughter. He has shown that over and over again. From our perspective everything changes just about every year in club anyways and the most important thing to us is coaching and chemistry. We also aren’t comfortable with things in Pasadena, but maybe others are.
Is your coach TS?

No ST , we don’t want anything to do with EC, ST has been great.
I gotta step in on this one. Smart move staying away from EC. From my experience with him NO good will come out of it. Even after he weaseled his way into ECNL a majority of his team walked away from him. Now I hear he’s selling the striker parents some B.S. & he plans on doing the bait and switch once the season begins. Buyer beware

I gotta step in on this one. Smart move staying away from EC. From my experience with him NO good will come out of it. Even after he weaseled his way into ECNL a majority of his team walked away from him. Now I hear he’s selling the striker parents some B.S. & he plans on doing the bait and switch once the season begins. Buyer beware
It’s interesting to see when management (all clubs) makes coaching decisions without taking parents into considerations. The parents are the customers and if they were happy with their existing coach why make changes.

When I first heard that EC was taking over as the coach of the Strikers ECNL team, I asked around to see if anyone had heard anything about him. Unfortunately, the only things I heard were negative. From the feedback I received, the most common issue was that EC is not a honest person. As a result, everyone warned me to stay away.

Back