Thoughts on ECNL?

Agreed! Some schools have particular majors that are specific to the school. They can be at D1-3, NAIA ect. The main thing I asked my kids is could you see yourself going to this school if soccer wasn't in the picture. In my opinion, this trumps everything and makes the experience more enjoyable for the athlete. D1 is great and it's the "highest level" in college soccer but it's not necessarily always the best. There are some D2, 3 programs that are amazing and have great programs. You can easily have the same experience at each level. How many kids can say they ever played in a national championship game? It's all the same in my opinion.

Many times parents lose focus of whats important and push for D1 when they can easily go another level and have just as good or an even better experience. just my two cents
There is definitely a college soccer program for anyone who wants to play. However, I can not stress enough....THE STUDENT NEEDS TO PICK THE COLLEGE FIRST and then see if their soccer skills will allow them to play there. My DD has gotten a lot of interest from very good D3 schools but that is not what she wants for her college experience. I have seen some excellent players that opted out of playing in college because they did not get offers from colleges they wanted to attend. I have also seen players decide to play at a college that was low on their preference list and end up transferring.

Back