This is insane.

Glitterhater

SILVER ELITE
I wonder what the travel costs are for club jetski. Do they have to ship their jetski to the Cayman Islands? Do you think it's mandatory stay-to-play? What are the approved stay-to-play hotels in the Cayman Islands?

I wonder what the travel costs are for club jetski. Do they have to ship their jetski to the Cayman Islands? Do you think it's mandatory stay-to-play? What are the approved stay-to-play hotels in the Cayman Islands?
Easy to social distance? Wonder what tier they are in?

Ok, the world has lost it's collective mind.

There is a lot more to it here --

After a day wearing some sort of quarantine compliance device, she requested a looser fit, from which she was able to slip out. When the police found her at the jetski event, she was not wearing a mask or practicing social distancing. She and her boyfriend pled guilty. The only emotional issue remaining is the length of her sentence. The magistrate originally imposed a sentence of 40 hours of community service and a fine, which would allow them to make their scheduled flights back to the USA. The prosecutor appealed and their sentences were increased, which, given their apparently arrogant-American attitude, were well within the limits set by the Cayman quarantine law - 2 years and $10,000.

A quarantine compliance device? I have never heard of that. While I definitely think there was obviously more to the story, it seems like she is being made an example of. Which I guess is a whole other conversation!

it seems like she is being made an example of. Which I guess is a whole other conversation!
It’s because Island life is usually dependent on tourism. My family is from the Bahamas and approximately 85% of the countries GDP is from tourism. Those folks are hurting economically and have limited resources. The last thing they need is to have an outbreak caused by someone doing dumb shit.

A quarantine compliance device? I have never heard of that. While I definitely think there was obviously more to the story, it seems like she is being made an example of. Which I guess is a whole other conversation!

The article makes it sound like an ankle or wrist bracelet, to be worn during the [period of quarantine she agreed to.

The article makes it sound like an ankle or wrist bracelet, to be worn during the [period of quarantine she agreed to.
I’m on the Commonage Committee for my family land in the Bahamas. Every year in December, we have a family meeting on the Island. The meeting was postponed this year due to the quarantine restrictions. My family is well connected on the Island but local authorities which mostly consist of on island relatives insisted on the exact same quarantine process the young lady in the article had to undergo. We have postponed the family meeting until March in hopes of being able to avoid quarantine.

Been used in South Korea, PRC, Australia, New Zealand as well. Ankle monitors and/or door sensors.

Been used in South Korea, PRC, Australia, New Zealand as well. Ankle monitors and/or door sensors.
"Hughes told the court that Ramgeet was stripped of his victory at the jet-ski event, and the prize money/medals/trophy were all returned; he was required to write a formal apology to the Cayman Islands Watercraft Association; and he would be banned from riding in the first few races at the start of the next season."

Makes me wonder why The Cayman's were holding a crowded jet-ski event if they were so concerned about COVID's effect on their tourist industry. Must be the Science.

Ok, the world has lost it's collective mind.

Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.

I can’t imagine a more effective deterrent against other privileged arrogant American idiots engaging in similar criminal behavior. This was perfect.

Miss America(n Way) had her sentence reduced to two months. Her jailers were probably worried that she’d drive them crazy sobbing inconsolably the entire time.

Miss America(n Way) had her sentence reduced to two months. Her jailers were probably worried that she’d drive them crazy sobbing inconsolably the entire time.
Care to advocate for a 2 month sentence for the people who participated in mass gatherings this past May?

It was, after all, a blatant violation of the public health orders. Clearly, they are criminals who need to be punished. Make an example of them, as EOTL would say.

Care to advocate for a 2 month sentence for the people who participated in mass gatherings this past May?

It was, after all, a blatant violation of the public health orders. Clearly, they are criminals who need to be punished. Make an example of them, as EOTL would say.

I am not surprised that you would equate the fight for civil rights with going to a jet ski contest in the Caymans. If you have a problem with the protest, stay home, as you people like to say. And if you have a problem with spending two months in the hoosegow for attending a jet ski contest, also stay home.

Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.

I can’t imagine a more effective deterrent against other privileged arrogant American idiots engaging in similar criminal behavior. This was perfect.
We all know that the local Caymanites didn’t like Ramgeet’s jet ski Victory. So they jailed both him and his girlfriend. Sore losers.

I am not surprised that you would equate the fight for civil rights with going to a jet ski contest in the Caymans. If you have a problem with the protest, stay home, as you people like to say. And if you have a problem with spending two months in the hoosegow for attending a jet ski contest, also stay home.
download (1).jpgPM me if you want to borrow this mask..:)

Back