Things that make you go hmmm....

Coach this weekend. Barking orders all game long. Good team. They beat us.
“You need to think. I can’t do all of the thinking for you.”
Umm- bro- you never gave them a chance to think. I bet they would have been fine if you had shut up a little. #englishaccent

Coach this weekend. Barking orders all game long. Good team. They beat us.
“You need to think. I can’t do all of the thinking for you.”
Umm- bro- you never gave them a chance to think. I bet they would have been fine if you had shut up a little. #englishaccent
In the 7 years I've lived here, probably 90% of the English coaches (you could say British but it's mostly English to be fair) I've seen/heard act this way. I think they genuinely believe the accent means they have to talk constantly and pretend they know the game better than everyone else in the world. It's all for the parents btw, not the kids. Prove yourself to the parents and you keep your job.

There are actually some good ones out there but for 90%, three words sum them up.

Arrogant.
Insecure.
Dinosaur.

In the 7 years I've lived here, probably 90% of the English coaches (you could say British but it's mostly English to be fair) I've seen/heard act this way. I think they genuinely believe the accent means they have to talk constantly and pretend they know the game better than everyone else in the world. It's all for the parents btw, not the kids. Prove yourself to the parents and you keep your job.

There are actually some good ones out there but for 90%, three words sum them up.

Arrogant.
Insecure.
Dinosaur.

I saw a coach give up coaching his team mid game because "they would not listen to him".

Back