The Inevitable Trump Tax Cheat Thread

Given the chance to denounce white supremacy groups trump said “proud boys stand back and stand by” that hate group is now celebrating online. Are you proud of that?
After he loses bad, it will be him, Barr and them shouting and nobody listening.

I purposely stated alleged. I neither believe nor disbelieve. It is worthy of discussion. Trump's on record repeatedly about borrowing heavily and has bankrupt multiple companies he owns to get out of paying it back. Its believable because it fits his MO.

The media don't reveal sources, that's how it works. That's another red herring you are throwing out. The timing is obviously massively suspect, hence my "suspended" belief.

The Kennedy's money was made by the father and well known. They were more interested in the votes in Chicago with JFK. There was plenty of talk of the Carlyle (?) Group with Bush. In neither case was it about either President being in debt to their eyeballs. So its not the same or even similar. That's why its a deflection.

Tax returns are always an issue until they are published.

The Electoral College is never an issue if there's a clear winner.

I'm more concerned about what I've seen from Trump's policy. I don't personally like him OR Biden. If all the left can do is talk about how he might be leveraged, I'd say it's time for another strategy because I heard that 4 years ago. Trump clearly won the EC in 2016 and liberals want to change it now, don't they? Or is that a "red herring" many liberals haven't actually campaigned for? Oh lookie! The New York Times... again!

99% of America could have Trump's taxes dropped in their laps and wouldn't understand any of it. Liberals would wait for Wolf Blitzer or Anderson Cooper to tell them how evil it all is.

Given the chance to denounce white supremacy groups trump said “proud boys stand back and stand by” that hate group is now celebrating online. Are you proud of that?

Given the chance to name a single law enforcement agency that endorses him, Joe looked over at his wife and wondered why his sister was there. And that was AFTER he let us know Antifa is just an imaginary group.

LMAO! I thought Joe Joe was gonna cry. Is he okay? Probably going to need a day off tomorrow... dumbass.

Both wave and waive have senses meaning "to disregard" or "to dismiss or put out of mind." Waive is more commonly used in formal or legal language, whereas wave is a more typical choice in less formal situations.

Wave vs. Waive: What's the Difference | Merriam-Webster

“You waved your right to any consideration of any kind.”

Hey Stupid, look what you wrote!

I’m not gonna wave my rights to waive you goodbye!
And how about that Trump performance tonight?
Smells like a LOSER to me. Waive goodbye, boy!

“You waved your right to any consideration of any kind.”

Hey Stupid, look what you wrote!

I’m not gonna wave my rights to waive you goodbye!
And how about that Trump performance tonight?
Smells like a LOSER to me. Waive goodbye, boy!

You still don't understand it, do you? Goddamn... let me see if I can find a crayon font or a 1st grade teacher to explain it for you.

You still don't understand it, do you? Goddamn... let me see if I can find a crayon font or a 1st grade teacher to explain it for you.
Can you get me a waver to fill out? LOL!
Do you leave in January, when Trump leaves?
Will you waive goodbye? Ha!

After he loses bad, it will be him, Barr and them shouting and nobody listening.
Oh these fools will still listen, deny it in public once again, but still have a yearning in their hearts for their authoritarian daddy figure who is mean to all those bad people that hold them back from fulfilling their potential. LOL!

I'm more concerned about what I've seen from Trump's policy. I don't personally like him OR Biden. If all the left can do is talk about how he might be leveraged, I'd say it's time for another strategy because I heard that 4 years ago. Trump clearly won the EC in 2016 and liberals want to change it now, don't they? Or is that a "red herring" many liberals haven't actually campaigned for? Oh lookie! The New York Times... again!

99% of America could have Trump's taxes dropped in their laps and wouldn't understand any of it. Liberals would wait for Wolf Blitzer or Anderson Cooper to tell them how evil it all is.
I don't like either candidate either, so we can agree on that.

Becoming President is about winning the Electoral College. Its the same rules for everyone running. You could get every vote in 30+ states and lose every other one by 1 and lose the election. Its certainly an arcane system and doesn't make a lot of sense anymore, but then neither does the Senate.

None of them are going to change, so deal with it and win at the ballot box with better candidates, better policies and better execution when elected.

Oh these fools will still listen, deny it in public once again, but still have a yearning in their hearts for their authoritarian daddy figure who is mean to all those bad people that hold them back from fulfilling their potential. LOL!

"authoritarian"... what do you think that means? Is it the space cadet that wants a national mask mandate and shutting down the economy?

I don't like either candidate either, so we can agree on that.

Becoming President is about winning the Electoral College. Its the same rules for everyone running. You could get every vote in 30+ states and lose every other one by 1 and lose the election. Its certainly an arcane system and doesn't make a lot of sense anymore, but then neither does the Senate.

None of them are going to change, so deal with it and win at the ballot box with better candidates, better policies and better execution when elected.

I don't think it makes sense to allow 4 states to pick the President every 4 years. That's not the answer, either.

Its certainly an arcane system and doesn't make a lot of sense anymore, but then neither does the Senate.
Both make as much sense as they did when instituted.

The Electoral College forces national candidates to run a campaign that appeals to the entire nation vs just a few states/cities. It forces candidates to moderate their message in order to appeal to the entire nation.

The Senate also is just as valid today as back when the country started. It provides power to the smaller states. If things were done just based on population, the national agenda would be set by just a few states. Having a Senate allows the entire country to have a voice in policies and laws put in place.

To bad schools don't do a good job explaining why our system was set up as it is.

The Electoral College forces national candidates to run a campaign that appeals to the entire nation vs just a few states/cities. It forces candidates to moderate their message in order to appeal to the entire nation.

The Senate also is just as valid today as back when the country started. It provides power to the smaller states. If things were done just based on population, the national agenda would be set by just a few states. Having a Senate allows the entire country to have a voice in policies and laws put in place.

To bad schools don't do a good job explaining why our system was set up as it is.
See Outlaw's comment on the EC. Candidates don't run national campaigns, there is a handful of swing states that have disproportionate influence.

The premise of the EC & Senate was to ensure there was no "tyranny of the majority", but I doubt they envisaged a potential "tyranny of the minority". A state with 700K pop. shouldn't have or expect to have as much say as a state with 39M. That's not saying their views don't matter, but they don't have 50+ times the say (in the Senate) of other voters in other states.

What we are seeing is that a minority of voters can control the Executive & Senate, and through those two bodies, they can control the judiciary, so 2.5 arms of government controlled by a minority of the voters. That's not even getting into gerrymandering from both sides for the House.

Every democratic system has strengths and weaknesses. I prefer proportional representation systems as they drive compromise and governments that a majority of the voters selected. I like the Australian voting system which (legally) requires everyone to vote, so politicians have to reach out to the whole country and not just hit maybe 30-35% to win big. They all have flaws though, the US system is no exception.

Edit - the UK system is a great example of a f-ked up system. The Conservatives have an 80 odd seat majority (650 seats total) in parliament, despite only polling 43% of the votes. Literally 57% of the voters voted against them, and they have an unassailable majority and can implement policies that the majority voted against. That's a product of the "first past the post" system.

Your kid’s school didn’t teach the electoral college and senate systems to give small states better representation? Why not? My kid fully comprehends that his vote for president will be worth about 25% of what many other state’s voters’ votes are worth.

Your kid’s school didn’t teach the electoral college and senate systems to give small states better representation? Why not? My kid fully comprehends that his vote for president will be worth about 25% of what many other state’s voters’ votes are worth.

Nothing in the Constitution or its Amendments requires a state's electoral votes to be given completely to the candidate who wins the popular vote in that state. For that matter, there is nothing in the Constitution or its Amendments that requires a selected Elector to vote for anyone specific.

Back