The Inevitable Socal Soccer and Coronavirus Thread

Grace T.

PREMIER
The requirement for the inclusion of minorities in vaccine trials has been around for 20+ years -- this is not new or specific to the ongoing vaccine trials for covid. The individuals and organizations who run these trials are very aware of these requirements. The trials are enrolling at a fairly high rate as far as vaccine trials go -- this does not look like it will be an issue. What could possibly slow down the trial is how long it takes to see a signal between the placebo arm and the active arm(s).

Depending on the trial, one can still enroll even if you are not an essential worker.
Yes, it's a problem for other drugs like cancer drugs too.

CNN has picked up on the story.....

Grace T.

PREMIER
Interesting article. Calls for a more reasoned approach focused on superspreader events instead of asymptomatic transmission.....

Thats a pretty dumb comment, who said hospitals were lying? The covid death criteria are just extremely broad. You dont need a positive covid test. The cdc says it just needs to be assumed. Just click the cdc link I posted. Its from their site. Health officials say covid doesnt even have to be the cause of death, watch the video. Literally anybody can be listed as a covid death, like people that were murdered with a gun or died by drug overdose like many covid deaths have revealed. Do you dispute this?
Hospitals get rich for lying about Covid. You can get run over, shot and dismembered and if they find a particle of Covid, that’s how you died. It’s a Dem hoax. In actual fact, fewer than 10 people have died of Covid...and they deserved it!

EOTL

GOLD
You can tell who the lunatics are when one side posts facts with references and the other just talks nonsense. Lol
I thoroughly exposed all of your lies yesterday as everyone else clearly recalls. Seriously, you were mocking people because only 40 died. Now you’re claiming the next 179,960 (so far) are all misclassified. The entire country is making up all of these deaths and conspiring together for the dole purpose of making you wear a mask and ruin your child’s soccer career. QAnon whackadoo.

I know you’te a big believer in your buddy Alex Jones’ C19 conspiracy theory and all. Do you also believe his claim that the government putting chemicals in the water and making all the frogs gay?

The requirement for the inclusion of minorities in vaccine trials has been around for 20+ years -- this is not new or specific to the ongoing vaccine trials for covid. The individuals and organizations who run these trials are very aware of these requirements. The trials are enrolling at a fairly high rate as far as vaccine trials go -- this does not look like it will be an issue. What could possibly slow down the trial is how long it takes to see a signal between the placebo arm and the active arm(s).

Depending on the trial, one can still enroll even if you are not an essential worker.
It's easy enough to find reports that this is happening. It is being reported as an issue.

*** From link below
The race to get a COVID-19 vaccine is well on its way, but researchers said they need a more diverse set of trial volunteers.

So far, there are around 350,000 people registered online for a COVID-19 clinical trial but only 10 percent are Black or Latinx. Scientists are worried the disparity could delay a drug from getting to the marketplace.

Lionel Hutz

SILVER
It's easy enough to find reports that this is happening. It is being reported as an issue.

*** From link below
The race to get a COVID-19 vaccine is well on its way, but researchers said they need a more diverse set of trial volunteers.

So far, there are around 350,000 people registered online for a COVID-19 clinical trial but only 10 percent are Black or Latinx. Scientists are worried the disparity could delay a drug from getting to the marketplace.

The press is just picking this up now given our current environment but federal law as well as NIH policy mandate the inclusion of adequate numbers of different races/ethnicities in EVERY PhIII clinical trial (cancer, vaccines, CV, etc) and has been this way for decades. Making sure the enrollment of adequate numbers across these different populations are always a concern when planning and running every trial. How any PhIII trials over the past 20+ years has been delayed because they didn't meet these requirements?

The press is just picking this up now given our current environment but federal law as well as NIH policy mandate the inclusion of adequate numbers of different races/ethnicities in EVERY PhIII clinical trial (cancer, vaccines, CV, etc) and has been this way for decades. Making sure the enrollment of adequate numbers across these different populations are always a concern when planning and running every trial. How any PhIII trials over the past 20+ years has been delayed because they didn't meet these requirements?
Not sure, but they are trying to fit a 2-year process into about 8-9 months.
Purely speculation on my part
** I have to wonder if people are more reluctant to be involved given the speed that the vaccine has been produced.
** It's Moderna's first vaccine, right? Maybe the process takes a pass or two before they become more efficient in organizing the process - especially given the condensed timeline.

Also - didn't mean to pile on. I didn't see Grace responded to your initial question.

MSK357

GOLD
Hospitals get rich for lying about Covid. You can get run over, shot and dismembered and if they find a particle of Covid, that’s how you died. It’s a Dem hoax. In actual fact, fewer than 10 people have died of Covid...and they deserved it!
Notice how messy couldn't dispute what I said. Facts hurt his feelings lol

MSK357

GOLD
I thoroughly exposed all of your lies yesterday as everyone else clearly recalls. Seriously, you were mocking people because only 40 died. Now you’re claiming the next 179,960 (so far) are all misclassified. The entire country is making up all of these deaths and conspiring together for the dole purpose of making you wear a mask and ruin your child’s soccer career. QAnon whackadoo.

I know you’te a big believer in your buddy Alex Jones’ C19 conspiracy theory and all. Do you also believe his claim that the government putting chemicals in the water and making all the frogs gay?
Notice how EOTL cant dispute my facts and sources. The deaths are overblown. Even deborah birx said cdc numbers are inaccurate. Tell me my sources are fake so we know where you stand. Lol

MSK357

GOLD
Cdc says you don't have to be covid positive to be listed as a covid death.

Health officials say covid doesnt even have to be the cause of death.

These covid numbers are so inaccurate that even deborah birx can't even trust the cdc numbers.

Man up and say these sources are fake so people can see how stupid you guys look. The numbers are overblown and this is why. It cant be any more clear. Cdc and health officials are literally telling you they are counting people that didnt die from covid. We have deborah birx on record saying cdc is inaccurate.

But once again, I dont care. I'm still going to go out and so is messy, he admitted his kid goes out and scrimmages kids in the neighborhood. Biggest hypocrite on this forum lol.

Notice how messy couldn't dispute what I said. Facts hurt his feelings lol
It’s a giant hoax. All over the world! Approaching 1 million fake deaths.
What did you say? If 12,000 died you’d leave the forum? They didn’t, so you’re still here.

There are 24M cases world wide and 800k+ deaths yet people think it's a made up thing by liberals. The debate shouldnt be about if this is real or not. The debate should be how do we go back to normal before covid kills our economy for the next 10 years. If you really think this is a political thing, you need to rethink your thought process. COVID is not a US thing, it's a global issue.

EOTL

GOLD
Cdc says you don't have to be covid positive to be listed as a covid death.

Health officials say covid doesnt even have to be the cause of death.

These covid numbers are so inaccurate that even deborah birx can't even trust the cdc numbers.

Man up and say these sources are fake so people can see how stupid you guys look. The numbers are overblown and this is why. It cant be any more clear. Cdc and health officials are literally telling you they are counting people that didnt die from covid. We have deborah birx on record saying cdc is inaccurate.

But once again, I dont care. I'm still going to go out and so is messy, he admitted his kid goes out and scrimmages kids in the neighborhood. Biggest hypocrite on this forum lol.
Do you agree with your buddy Alex Jones that an Idaho yogurt maker imported migrant racists?

Do you agree with your buddy Alex Jones that an Idaho yogurt maker imported migrant racists?
LOL! Chobani is exactly the type of company that makes America great. A Turkish immigrant starting a small business, making a healthy and nutritious product and employing refugees. It’s everything that makes us great.
The fat, dumb losers that don’t like it are very, very jealous.
(It’s a safe assumption that MSK is fat).

Interesting article. Calls for a more reasoned approach focused on superspreader events instead of asymptomatic transmission.....

This is a thought-provoking article. What we learn from this pandemic has the potential to significantly alter how we manage an existing outbreak and how we minimize the severity of new virus outbreaks.

watfly

PREMIER

notintheface

SILVER ELITE
Are we trying to learn the mistakes from the swine flu days in 2009? over 60 million infected in the U.S. alone. Over 12,000 killed, over 275,000 hospitalized, Over 500,000 killed worldwide. I don't remember sports being canceled, schools shut down, businesses shut down, media basically saying its Armageddon. We have 30 or so killed all old and or with preexisting conditions, with 1400 or so confirmed with the virus, yet we're treating this waaaay more seriously than in 2009. Just odd to me. I Don't remember the media or people blaming the government as much as our current one. it almost seems political. But still, our best defense is wash your hands and don't touch your face. Stay away from sick people. Just like the flu that's kills 40,000+ people a year in the u.s.
This aged well.

notintheface

SILVER ELITE
Now that Korea is stabilizing without going into lockdown, and the fact its looking more and more like the death total will be significantly less than the Swine flu in 2009 which we didn't go into lockdown for, I am waiting for all the chicken littles to say there's less deaths because we were on lockdown lol (Korea said lockdowns make it worse). This semi lockdown we are in will not slow the infections if we close every store except grocery stores where everyone stands in line an hour before they open and crowd the store due to limited hours. Everyone, be prepared for the excuses and taking credit for why this Armageddon virus only killed a fraction of people killed by the flu. Maybe even blaming trump for ruining the economy for a lockdown that the media and chicken littles wanted. That's my prediction, agree to disagree. I guess we'll see.
I guess we're seeing!