The Inevitable Socal Soccer and Coronavirus Thread

dad4

SILVER ELITE
This week's Economist :

"Without any mitigation, America would experience 2.2m deaths." (zero intervention forecast from a team of scientists at Imperial College, London.)

Health care researchers don't seem to think this is similar to H1N1. Take it seriously.

-Chicken Little

Apologies if it's been posted. The post below is based on the cruise ship Diamond Princess quarantined off Japan where everyone was tested. Death rate at about 0.5% - about 5x the flu. Stated that over 70 in age was 7.3%. Also, I have to think the cruise ship population is skewed toward the older folks - just a guess though. Nothing I read/skimmed indicated how the age distribution matched our general population. A bit over half those testing positive were asymptomatic. I know there are lots of "projections" out there, but this is real data in a relatively closed system.

https://www.sciencenews.org...

Copa9

BRONZE
Come back to me when 7 million of has died, or 72,900, or 24,300, or let's say anywhere near the 12,000 that died without lockdown during the swine flu. China topped out at less than 3,300. Korea is stopping out at less than 100. Both are stabilizing. Let's say a few more die. That's still far below the 12,000 that died here from swine flu or the 40,000 that die from the seasonal flu that we dont lock down for. Lockdown according to korea who has done very well, say it makes it worse.
Apologies if it's been posted. The post below is based on the cruise ship Diamond Princess quarantined off Japan where everyone was tested. Death rate at about 0.5% - about 5x the flu. Stated that over 70 in age was 7.3%. Also, I have to think the cruise ship population is skewed toward the older folks - just a guess though. Nothing I read/skimmed indicated how the age distribution matched our general population. A bit over half those testing positive were asymptomatic. I know there are lots of "projections" out there, but this is real data in a relatively closed system.

https://www.sciencenews.org...
Something to think about, 70% of all covid-19 deaths across all age groups are men. The medical community doesn't know why.

Some posters should probably come back and apologize for downplaying the crisis and naysaying the heroes trying to avert a tragedy, and then go into self imposed forum isolation.
I've seen some doctors post about how COVID wasn't that bad and Flu kills more. Have to question their thought process and consider switching doctors.