The Inevitable Socal Soccer and Coronavirus Thread

MSK357

SILVER
MSK, take a math class on exponential growth.

The scary thing here is not the 100 deaths or the 6000 infections.

The scary thing is that both those numbers have been tripling every week.

Look at your own posts. On Friday you said, "only 41 deaths". Today you say "only 100 deaths.,"

Perhaps Saturday you can post "only 170 deaths". Then a week from now you can say "only 300 deaths."

If that continues,
300 dead by March 24.
900 dead by March 31.
2700 dead by April 7.
8100 dead by April 14.
24300 dead by April 21.
72900 dead by April 28.

And so on until all 350 million of us are infected, and about 7 million of us have died. At current growth rates, that happens in late May.

Now do you see why epidemiologists are concerned? It isn't the total. It is the growth rate.
Come back to me when 7 million of has died, or 72,900, or 24,300, or let's say anywhere near the 12,000 that died without lockdown during the swine flu. China topped out at less than 3,300. Korea is stopping out at less than 100. Both are stabilizing. Let's say a few more die. That's still far below the 12,000 that died here from swine flu or the 40,000 that die from the seasonal flu that we dont lock down for. Lockdown according to korea who has done very well, say it makes it worse.

Sunil Illuminati

SILVER ELITE
Come back to me when 7 million of has died, or 72,900, or 24,300, or let's say anywhere near the 12,000 that died without lockdown during the swine flu. China topped out at less than 3,300. Korea is stopping out at less than 100. Both are stabilizing. Let's say a few more die. That's still far below the 12,000 that died here from swine flu or the 40,000 that die from the seasonal flu that we dont lock down for. Lockdown according to korea who has done very well, say it makes it worse.
Chances are if it gets to 7 Million you won't be here to "come back" to nor will many of your family. Some citizens contribute to the spread more than others. They live through careless bravado. Can make an educated guess what role you play.

"I feel like the bottom has to fall out at some point, and by the way, I'm hoping for it because I think one way you get rid of Trump is a crashing economy," Maher said during the June 8 show. "So please, bring on the recession. Sorry if that hurts people but it's either root for a recession, or you lose your democracy."

These libs would rather people die and the markets crash than Trump winning in 2020.

Ansu Fati

SILVER
NOTE: THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A THREAD TO DISCUSS CONSPIRACY THEORIES, THE POLITICS BEHIND THE SITUATION, OR OTHER OFF TOPIC SUBJECTS. IT'S INTENDED TO TRACK HOW THINGS MIGHT IMPACT THE SOCCER COMMUNITY AND TO SPECULATE ON HOW IT'S IMPACTED GOING FORWARD.
Now that soccer has come to a complete halt and the thread no longer serves its originally intended purpose for the time being, perhaps now would be a good time for this to be "locked down". Every once in a while I'll take a peek, but now I think I'm going to "shelter in place" virtually away from at least this thread, and perhaps this whole forum for a little while. Stay safe.

watfly

GOLD
Dr. Deborah Birx from the President's task force said in an interview you can't apply the impact of one community to the projections of another community due to different factors that impact those communities. She said that they are looking at it on a county by county basis.

Just some raw data, reach whatever conclusion you want, do your own research. Coronavirus data from each countys' Department of Health (as of today) converted to percentages over 2017 population estimates:

San Diego County:
Coronavirus deaths: 0% (0)
Coronavirus hospitalizations: 0.000389% (13)
Coronavirus cases: 0.003146% (105)

Los Angeles County:
Coronavirus deaths: 0.000020% (2)
Coronavirus cases: 0.002274% (231)

Riverside County:
Coronavirus cases: 0.000825% (20)

San Bernardino County:
Coronavirus cases: 0.0002325% (5)

Ventura County:
Coronavirus cases: 0.001990% (17)

Dr. Deborah Birx from the President's task force said in an interview you can't apply the impact of one community to the projections of another community due to different factors that impact those communities. She said that they are looking at it on a county by county basis.

Just some raw data, reach whatever conclusion you want, do your own research. Coronavirus data from each countys' Department of Health (as of today) converted to percentages over 2017 population estimates:

San Diego County:

Los Angeles County:

Riverside County:

San Bernardino County:

Ventura County:
Do they put the brush fires out when only .001990% of the brush has been burned?

Copa9

BRONZE
guys!! Guys!!, 101 senior citizens with health problems were killed now since January when the coronavirus was first discovered in the U.S. That's so scary! We are short over 6,500 deaths to be on track with the seasonal flu, but yea, this is CRAZY!! People that don't take this serious are idiots!!
You do know the seasonal is still killing don't you?

Copa9

BRONZE

San Diego County:

Los Angeles County:

Riverside County:

San Bernardino County:

Ventura County:
And...let's keep it that way!

watfly

GOLD
Do they put the brush fires out when only .001990% of the brush has been burned?
Who said we weren't doing anything to put out this brush fire? Whatever is being done here seems to be working well so far, no doubt this will go up, maybe significantly, but I'm cautiously optimistic that our Socal communities may fair OK relatively speaking. Doesn't change the fact that this is a very serious issue.

Copa9

BRONZE
Please stop. This virus is not a math problem, it is a medical problem with a lot of unknown variables. A month ago we had 15 deaths and no social distancing or major health prevention measures. We now have 109 deaths, that isn't exponential growth unless you took different math classes than I did. We're going to have a lot more deaths but to claim we're going 7 million deaths is completely irresponsible and fear mongering at its worst.
Let's all hope it doesn't get there with all that we are doing and pray it doesn't go higher.

Copa9

BRONZE
And if I keep getting older I will be 10000 year old. Unfortunately by then I would actually reach the age where the virus is actually lethal.
You do know that people in their 50's are dying and even some who are in their 40's? How old are you?

Copa9

BRONZE
Let’s ask one of the leaders of one of the Democrats biggest scams.
View attachment 6672
Italy is a worst case for deaths. Average death age is 81 from Covid-19. They lost 2800 a month to the flu during winters seasons 2013-2017 in a recent study. With the aging population and adding Covid-19 it is terrible what is happening. Compare them to a country like Germany, where only 28 deaths in 11900 cases (111,900??? cases total).
Directly from a doctor in Germany on the front line, they are expecting a 70% infection rate and have been ramping up medical supplies that they need to fight this for weeks!

Copa9

BRONZE
i can't say i'd heard that first comment before. do you have a link to a video of that speech? i think you may have been duped by a meme. the worst i've seen from the most caustic anti-Trump websites only quoted him as saying “[w]e have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
The comment he made was during one of Trump's news conferences, live feed across the US. It became a topic of conversation among all of my friends.

Along with the Stay at Home order I wish there was a refrain from bashing each other order. We all know who are the main culprits. Those whose sole purpose on here is to bash others. We have all made mistakes on what we post here. Every single one of us. If you don't believe this you are part of the problem. Life is stressful enough now for everyone. Why don't we just drop all of political crap along with bashing each other and use this and the other forums to support each other through these hard times!

Here's a video with some interesting Trump footage. From NYT, so many will say fake news, but it's hard to argue with someone's own words. Just ignore the title and watch. I'm a red-stater...

The comment he made was during one of Trump's news conferences, live feed across the US. It became a topic of conversation among all of my friends.

dad4

SILVER ELITE
H1N1 (swine flu): Influenza strain. 0.02% fatality rate. Vaccine available within 6 months of first confirmed US case.

SARS-COV2 (Covid-19): Coronavirus strain. 3.4% estimated fatality rate ( W.H.O. ). Vaccine not yet developed, might be available in 12-18 months.

Not the same.

Now that soccer has come to a complete halt and the thread no longer serves its originally intended purpose for the time being, perhaps now would be a good time for this to be "locked down". Every once in a while I'll take a peek, but now I think I'm going to "shelter in place" virtually away from at least this thread, and perhaps this whole forum for a little while. Stay safe.
Bye.

comments like this only surfaced when people started to defend "T" in this thread . . . it seemed bashing him was a-ok. locking down disagreement is for totalitarian autocrats

H1N1 (swine flu): Influenza strain. 0.02% fatality rate. Vaccine available within 6 months of first confirmed US case.

SARS-COV2 (Covid-19): Coronavirus strain. 3.4% estimated fatality rate ( W.H.O. ). Vaccine not yet developed, might be available in 12-18 months.

Not the same.
Except the current estimated mortality rate of 3.4% is because only the more severe are getting tested and reported as tests come out. You will definitely see that mortality rate drop within 6momtha as the known cases double, triple and/or quadruple.
Where your H1N1 statement is misleading is that 0.02% mortality rate is A retrospective look. The first 5/6 months showed data very similar to Covid-19.