The Inevitable Socal Soccer and Coronavirus Thread

"No the coronavirus will not become a pandemic. Not at all" is not a direct quote, am I missing something here? Is there a new meaning for quotations referring to what someone actually said word for word?
So it's a debate about who got it more wrong the guy with all the inside info or the guy sussing through the same info we were getting?

MSK357

SILVER
Now that Korea is stabilizing without going into lockdown, and the fact its looking more and more like the death total will be significantly less than the Swine flu in 2009 which we didn't go into lockdown for, I am waiting for all the chicken littles to say there's less deaths because we were on lockdown lol (Korea said lockdowns make it worse). This semi lockdown we are in will not slow the infections if we close every store except grocery stores where everyone stands in line an hour before they open and crowd the store due to limited hours. Everyone, be prepared for the excuses and taking credit for why this Armageddon virus only killed a fraction of people killed by the flu. Maybe even blaming trump for ruining the economy for a lockdown that the media and chicken littles wanted. That's my prediction, agree to disagree. I guess we'll see.

Now that Korea is stabilizing without going into lockdown, and the fact its looking more and more like the death total will be significantly less than the Swine flu in 2009 which we didn't go into lockdown for, I am waiting for all the chicken littles to say there's less deaths because we were on lockdown lol (Korea said lockdowns make it worse). This semi lockdown we are in will not slow the infections if we close every store except grocery stores where everyone stands in line an hour before they open and crowd the store due to limited hours. Everyone, be prepared for the excuses and taking credit for why this Armageddon virus only killed a fraction of people killed by the flu. Maybe even blaming trump for ruining the economy for a lockdown that the media and chicken littles wanted. That's my prediction, agree to disagree. I guess we'll see.
Your only purpose seems to be being a troll. Do you ever discuss things in a mature, adult manner or are you simply a partisan hack?

MSK357

SILVER
Your only purpose seems to be being a troll. Do you ever discuss things in a mature, adult manner or are you simply a partisan hack?
I must be triggering you because I'm pointing out the fact that this virus will not "exponentially grow" the death toll to hundreds of thousands of people killed in the u.s. like someone else posted. I'm sorry to have disappointed you.

The chicken littles are over reacting. Hopefully you want me to be right. And we will see.

I must be triggering you because I'm pointing out the fact that this virus will not "exponentially grow" the death toll to hundreds of thousands of people killed in the u.s. like someone else posted. I'm sorry to have disappointed you.

The chicken littles are over reacting. Hopefully you want me to be right. And we will see.
I pray you are right.

Chalklines

SILVER ELITE
When the pandemics over how many of you will look at China differently than you did before for causing a complete collapse and the world's economy and spreading disease all over the globe?

MSK357

SILVER
When the pandemics over how many of you will look at China differently than you did before for causing a complete collapse and the world's economy and spreading disease all over the globe?
Swine Flu came from mexico, killed 12,000 people in the u.s. infected over 60 million in the u.s. I think outbreaks can happen. The way we handle it is what we should focus on.

that's one likely positive outcome from all this

Emma

SILVER
I'm sorry you feel this way at this time. I will not. I don't stop supporting my police force because of a few bad occurrences.

Pandemics will happen at least once a decade in a mobile world. After this, I hope we all look to how we can reduce the effects of pandemics or prevent most of them in the future.

And I agree with you - medical supplies and vital supplies should be produced in the US. Non vital supplies like decorations, party supplies & clothes can be produced over seas. This was a fear we had before this pandemic but we never made a move to change it. Bad events can cause good changes.

I have always been critical of China politically, economically and environmentally. I do hope many nations (especially us) start producing goods again for themselves or finding others who can do it for them in manner that has oversight.

Giesbock

SILVER
Suggested Reading: ZoneOne by Colson Whitehead.

On the one hand, this awesome book will freak you out, and on the other hand, make you realize how much worse things could be!

blam

SILVER
Honestly we wasted a decade on the war against terrorism.

Osama killed at Max 3000 on 9/11. However our response to it ended up costing huge amount of money and life.

It was not worth it. We should have just sent an assassin to get Osama instaed of deploying the entire military.

These libs would rather people die and the markets crash than Trump winning in 2020.

dad4

SILVER ELITE
Really didn't want to keep beating this dead horse... my answer to you both is yes. this virus will grow. H1N1 infected over 60 million americans in a year. our healthcare system will be overwhelmed. shut down schools and how many of those doctors, caregivers, and nurses will be at home baby sitting their kid instead of helping those that get sick? lets be honest, people will still get sick. even with these shutdowns. by shutting down schools you are making a limited healthcare system even more limited. And while I am talking about H1N1. Over 60 million infected in the U.S., over 12,000 deaths in the U.S., over 275,000 hospitalized in the U.S., 80% of the infected were YOUNGER than 65, why didn't we shut down schools like we are now? It would have made more sense than the corona virus. very suspect. this isn't as dangerous, at least if your younger than 65 and in good health which is most of the public. as testing becomes more available the mortality rate decreases. Korea was at .7% because they were able to test more of the public than we are. but as we test more people, we are now closer to 2% from has high as 3 or 4% a week or 2 ago. that's the average. its the old and sick that are pushing that number up. I disagree with causing wide spread panic, supply shortages, market crash, loss of business, shutting down schools when only 41 elderly and sick died. By shutting down schools and businesses you will create a bigger problem, a more limited healthcare system, less supplies available that people need it, people living paycheck to paycheck will suffer, when this virus is mainly lethal to the elderly and sick. Why do I feel like I'm talking to boomers? I guess that would make sense. Stay in your hole. don't come out until its safe. lol.
guys!! Guys!!, 101 senior citizens with health problems were killed now since January when the coronavirus was first discovered in the U.S. That's so scary! We are short over 6,500 deaths to be on track with the seasonal flu, but yea, this is CRAZY!! People that don't take this serious are idiots!!
march 13 : ”only 41”
march 18: “101”
march 20: 218 dead as of this morning.

Am I allowed to call it exponential yet? Or should I wait until Monday when it tops 400?

-Chicken Little.

(not saying panic. Just saying stay at home and stop gathering with other people until they can get a handle on this. )