The DA's Elimination is great for US Soccer ... here is why

Kind of interesting to look back at threads like this and see what people got right + wrong when DA blew up.

The thing that seemed very shortsighted to me was the all the talk about how important XYZ actions were to develop professional boys. But, girls can just go back to ECNL and go to College or USMNT. They're basically saying we need to train boys a certain way to produce internationally competitive players but with girls it doesnt matter.

We've been to a couple of international camps and I can say that the clubs are starting to look at female players. The coaches I saw treated them more like a curiosity. You could tell that they weren't used to training women. However if the girls proved they could play theyd get treated like the boys by the end of the week.

How long do you think it will take before the big clubs (who now have womens teams) start applying the principles that work on developing boys on girls? It's probably already happening now + when the big clubs start seeing some value + as the coaching and leadership becomes more structured/formalized the USWNT us going to be in trouble.

US women need the same highest level training techniques and consideration as US men if we want to USWNT to remain dominate on the world stage. Relying on closed leagues like ECNL and college to do the training wont be good enough.
Yes. Agreed. ECNL as a whole does not have a path to development for girls. It’s club to club method. And winning as it has been discussed here time and time again is what is important. And, MWN has not been seen here in over 2 years.

Back