Thanksgiving Showcases

Coming up in a few weeks we have Silverlakes and Surf putting on their annual Thanksgiving showcases.
You can view their respective schedules here:
-Silverlakes - https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/master.aspx?eid=1101
-Surf https://events.gotsport.com/events/default.aspx?EventID=74314

Using the Girls 2004 age group as a sample, some comments/observations:
Silverlakes:
1. Silverlakes Top Bracket (The Maybach bracket. Nothing says "Soccer is expensive like naming your bracket after a $200k car) has a mix of DA, ECNL, ECNL Regional League, DPL and maybe a few non-closed league teams. Mostly teams from So Cal, with a few nor cal and texas sprinkled in. 21 teams total. LAFC Slammers 05 ECNL team is playing up an age group in this division.
2. The Silverlakes Middle Bracket (AMG - still out of my price range) - Appears to be made up of teams from Flight 1/Gold/Premier type of levels. So Cal, Nor Cal, Arizona, Colorado, Texas. - 23 teams total
3. 3rd bracket (S-Class. meh - Peasants in their 3rd tier S-Class Mercedes) - Mix of Europa/Gold level teams. Mostly from So Cal. 12 teams total.

Surf
1. Top Bracket is "DA" - Seems that these are "league" games for the teams that are listed. LA Surf, SC Del Sol, OC Surf, UT Royal,SD Surf, and Blues. 6 teams total.
But not all DA teams from the region are playing at Surf. Real So Cal, Pats and Legends DA are playing at Silverlakes.
2. The non-DA group is made up of 12 brackets of 4 teams each. Mix of ECNL, DPL and "other" teams. Quite a few teams from Canada are making the trip. Other teams are from Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, Kansas, Utah, Colorado,

First off, I want to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving (TG) that is coming up :) I am so grateful for all of you:) My family has been watching my dd play soccer every TG weekend (since 2011) almost as much as the Dallas Cowboys play on TG.....hahahahaha…..lol!!! Anyway, I knew my son would be wanting some family time this year because this is his first year away from the nest. So we planned a family vacation a long time ago. For the first time since my little baller started balling, we won't see any of you in Norco. She still has three more showcases before the season ends so all is good I hope. She will 100% miss hanging with her teammates, we wish them nothing but a "W."

First off, I want to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving (TG) that is coming up :) I am so grateful for all of you:) My family has been watching my dd play soccer every TG weekend (since 2011) almost as much as the Dallas Cowboys play on TG.....hahahahaha…..lol!!! Anyway, I knew my son would be wanting some family time this year because this is his first year away from the nest. So we planned a family vacation a long time ago. For the first time since my little baller started balling, we won't see any of you in Norco. She still has three more showcases before the season ends so all is good I hope. She will 100% miss hanging with her teammates, we wish them nothing but a "W."
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!...:)....Made me think of some Holiday horror stories......
Our family killed their own turkey one Thanksgiving but “totally forgot” to clean its interior.
“We decorated it all pretty, went to carve it and,” Granpa noted, “tons of bugs and seeds fell out onto the tablecloth.” We decided to get take-out after that.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!...:)....Made me think of some Holiday horror stories......
Our family killed their own turkey one Thanksgiving but “totally forgot” to clean its interior.
“We decorated it all pretty, went to carve it and,” Granpa noted, “tons of bugs and seeds fell out onto the tablecloth.” We decided to get take-out after that.
How did the family kill the turkey? Hunting or do they chase it around and go MMA on the bird? I hunted for fish with a spear back in the day and always cleaned the fish properly. Thanks for sharing :)

The smart people will take a 4-5 day holiday and enjoy quality family time. Also, it would give the players that are playing HS a break. Either go to the mountains and get in some skiing, trip to someplace warm (Hawaii, Caribbean or Mexico) or just stay home and relax.

The smart people will take a 4-5 day holiday and enjoy quality family time. Also, it would give the players that are playing HS a break. Either go to the mountains and get in some skiing, trip to someplace warm (Hawaii, Caribbean or Mexico) or just stay home and relax.
Just to be clear, I LOVE the comment and feel smarter today for some reason :)

How did the family kill the turkey? Hunting or do they chase it around and go MMA on the bird? I hunted for fish with a spear back in the day and always cleaned the fish properly. Thanks for sharing :)
We had a family farm and would send out the kids and elder folk out to gather the foul. i did witness one time the kids would go all MMA on the birds. On one occasion we had a Thanksgiving where we were served "special meat", and that had small bones and teeth in it. Those were good times growing up in a little town called Galo.

We had a family farm and would send out the kids and elder folk out to gather the foul. i did witness one time the kids would go all MMA on the birds. On one occasion we had a Thanksgiving where we were served "special meat", and that had small bones and teeth in it. Those were good times growing up in a little town called Galo.
Love how we all grew up in different parts of this awesome country of ours. I do remember biting into some fish bones in one of the Corbina's I speared. Me and the boys would surf, then go spear fishing and eat da fish right there. When we had zero waves and high tide, we would go for the lobster at night. I will confess I used to dive down and steal the lobsters in the traps set by the poachers we all hated back then. We would laugh at them when they pull up and they had no lobster :)

Weather prediction for San Diego over Thanksgiving weekend is predicting cold, windy and rainy weather. The rain is supposed to start Tuesday evening and continue through Saturday morning with heavy rain of at least an inch on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The grass fields will more than likely shutdown if the rain is as heavy as predicted.
Thursday: 91% percent chance of rain, 15-20 mph winds with a high of 61 degrees
Friday: 93% chance of rain, 18-25 mph winds with a high of 58 degrees
Saturday: 72% chance of rain early in the day, 6-10 mph winds with a high of 59 degrees
Sunday: cloudy, 9-14 mph winds with a high of 60 degrees.
**This forecast is from the Navy message and focuses on San Diego Bay. So, there will be more rain the further inland you go. Del Mar and Oceanside usually get more rain than downtown SD.

Weather prediction for San Diego over Thanksgiving weekend is predicting cold, windy and rainy weather. The rain is supposed to start Tuesday evening and continue through Saturday morning with heavy rain of at least an inch on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The grass fields will more than likely shutdown if the rain is as heavy as predicted.
Thursday: 91% percent chance of rain, 15-20 mph winds with a high of 61 degrees
Friday: 93% chance of rain, 18-25 mph winds with a high of 58 degrees
Saturday: 72% chance of rain early in the day, 6-10 mph winds with a high of 59 degrees
Sunday: cloudy, 9-14 mph winds with a high of 60 degrees.
**This forecast is from the Navy message and focuses on San Diego Bay. So, there will be more rain the further inland you go. Del Mar and Oceanside usually get more rain than downtown SD.

Lovely. We were fortunate to land a 7:30 am game on Sat at Surf. Can't wait :p

As of yesterday, they were predicting rain all weekend. Looks like it will stop sometime on Friday. Hopefully everyone gets to play.

Does anyone have experience how easily SilverLakes will/will not cancel games, based on rain alone? I would think it's a field-maintenance issue more than a player safety issue. Do the SilverLakes fields stand up well to 1-2 days of rain or are we looking at cancellations on Friday if the forecast remains the same?

Does anyone have experience how easily SilverLakes will/will not cancel games, based on rain alone? I would think it's a field-maintenance issue more than a player safety issue. Do the SilverLakes fields stand up well to 1-2 days of rain or are we looking at cancellations on Friday if the forecast remains the same?
Silverlakes holds up very well in the rain. The last Thanksgiving event my DD played in there it was 50 degrees, pouring rain and wind was about 17 mph. All games were played.

Back