Thanksgiving College Showcase Silverlakes

Nice that this is not a "Stay and Play". I'll be interested to hear how the college coach turnout is. For those who plan to attend...keep up posted!!

Wonder how this tournament will affect the Surf Cup tournament since that has always been the big Thanksgiving tournament over the past years. I heard most of the "Academy" clubs/teams are doing the Silverlakes tournament.

Nice that this is not a "Stay and Play". I'll be interested to hear how the college coach turnout is. For those who plan to attend...keep up posted!!

I know slammers, blues, west coast, pats, and legends are playing a big role in this tournament and bringing the college coaches along (away from other showcases). They are working to make this a real college showcase and not a club money maker. I hear good things.

Wonder how this tournament will affect the Surf Cup tournament since that has always been the big Thanksgiving tournament over the past years. I heard most of the "Academy" clubs/teams are doing the Silverlakes tournament.
Maybe they will consider doing one around the same time as the Las Vegas showcase since that is always a big draw. I personally like going to Las Vegas but it does get expensive. And the traffic sucks!

Maybe they will consider doing one around the same time as the Las Vegas showcase since that is always a big draw. I personally like going to Las Vegas but it does get expensive. And the traffic sucks!

Nope - Vegas is still on for the group that put together the Silverlakes Showcase

Will be difficult to compete for coaches since San Diego has Surf during the day and November Nights at Night. Plus I think coaches would prefer to spend their Thanksgiving weekend in San Diego instead of Norco.

Will be difficult to compete for coaches since San Diego has Surf during the day and November Nights at Night. Plus I think coaches would prefer to spend their Thanksgiving weekend in San Diego instead of Norco.
I think they would prefer to spend the weekend where the impact players are going to be. Their main concern is the success of the program, not the temperature difference between north county and Norco.

Coaches will go where talent is- Surf Cup has been tremendous. Nice play by Silverlakes but is this for real? I haven't heard of our club doing this and we are listed. Could it be a marketing ploy?

Coaches will go where talent is- Surf Cup has been tremendous. Nice play by Silverlakes but is this for real? I haven't heard of our club doing this and we are listed. Could it be a marketing ploy?

Who is your club? The teams listed on the silver lakes tournament ARE going. Most teams announced it this week to their players. This is not a marketing ploy - it is removing the marketing and high costs to make it a real college showcase. Watch where the coaches go this year...

Interesting.....stay in San Diego with the family for a nice Thanksgiving break, get to watch great college football games since the hotel is close or battle getting to Norco on the 15 both ways for one game a day three days in a row....hmmmmmm

The coaches want to go where the best players are. Surf has out priced themselves and have invited to many teams.

Though it is early I looked at the College lists for Surf, Silverlakes and November Nights and noticed 9 colleges are shown attending all three events and 4 more are shown attending Silverlake and either Surf or November Nights. Until the girls start writing the coaches and they get responses it will be hard to tell where they are going.

Back