Texas ECNL and Frontier Conference

Nice to hear. I'm happy for your dd and family today. I gave u a few rants in the past, but it was more about making a point and not personal. Soccer for kids is not allowed in socal. Wow, just woza. What a trip were all in these days.

All good, I finally figured out we know a bunch of the same people at Surf ‘04 Top team...long story....thank you. I do not take this stuff personally. Fun time for sure for the little one.

All good, I finally figured out we know a bunch of the same people at Surf ‘04 Top team...long story....thank you. I do not take this stuff personally. Fun time for sure for the little one.
Great, then you really know about me............lol, They all understand I had a mental breakdown and lost all my sh*t. My heart was in the right place. It prepared me for these tough times. Tell them it was really fun and my dd loves all the girls on the team. They won the natty, not me. We had some crazy ass time Woobie. I just told an old pal from that team that I'm sorry for the errors of my ways and for my big fat ego. Let them play!!!!

Scrimmage at MG this morning. Your are right...plays really well. Wow!!!...fields are amazing. Had only dropped off and seen from a-far. Parents all social distanced, with masks. No issues, no crowds, parents followed directions, watched from the sidelines at varying distances, no craziness. Everyone entered and exited distanced. They did a great job. Beyond silly we can’t put this together and figure it out in So Cal. It’s very doable.
Curious... What club did your girl end up at?

Curious... What club did your girl end up at?

Still undecided. Working through some details. She still may go home....She is really young and not easy with her friends and all the other stuff. Lots of discussion going on. I’m here regardless.

Seems lots of ECNL practices this week in Dallas apparently have been sprinkled with girls from other states (mostly Cali, it seems) checking things out and seeing where they fit in.

Seems lots of ECNL practices this week in Dallas apparently have been sprinkled with girls from other states (mostly Cali, it seems) checking things out and seeing where they fit in.
I spoke with my DD's Director of ECNL and he said that he had several conversations with Cali parents this week. Should be an interesting run up to the start of the ECNL season in Texas. Not sure what roster surprises we'll see at the start of the season. Wish all the girls luck in finding spots!

The feedback I’m hearing from coaches and friends who have kids out here is that the coaches are fine taking the kids to build up the roster. ECNL coaches are fielding calls from Cali families daily. Best kids will play. Don’t just think the CA kids are just gonna walk on and start playing...there are really, really talented kids out here, other thing I can say is the kids play really fast and really physical. Plus these Texas kids have no issue sticking it to a Cali Kid. They are not impressed. It’s really good soccer out in TX.

My good friend in UT says same thing happening there. Quite a few kids from CA headed to UT to play ECNL.

I just heard about another move out of Cali. This one was recruited to move to Ohio for a great job and peaceful living. Two twins who will be starting 1st grade this year and parents are looking for a little more education and value living for their kids and themselves. Took a family pay cut but will save because of how expensive it is in Cali. Mom is going to be the stay home mama bear she always wanted to be now and what value to you put on that? If they stayed in OC, they would have had to both work 12 hour days forever and then pick up kiddos at some day care that was just set up. Too gnarly for them so their going to be close to the mama bears parents. Community and small town living outside of Cleveland. I think it's called Independence, Oh. I'm happy for them and I think it makes sense. Another super star family gone.

Curious how the games are going out there in Texas and what the procedures are that are in place if any?
Games at all levels have been going on for well over a month. Procedures vary depending on the county or facility where the games are being played. Mostly use mask coming into or out of the venues. Once you are situated to watch the match and being socially distanced, masks can come off. Some individual games have been postponed due to a positive result in a team but from what I can gather no serious issues have occurred and affected teams are back on the pitch after 10 days of isolation.

Games at all levels have been going on for well over a month. Procedures vary depending on the county or facility where the games are being played. Mostly use mask coming into or out of the venues. Once you are situated to watch the match and being socially distanced, masks can come off. Some individual games have been postponed due to a positive result in a team but from what I can gather no serious issues have occurred and affected teams are back on the pitch after 10 days of isolation.
so some testing going on?

so some testing going on?
Up to parents to test there kids if they want. My dd is going to in person learning at her High School, varsity soccer and club training so she is interacting with a lot of kids. She's has had teammates that have tested positive so we test her out of abundance of caution, plus my insurance covers all COVID testing 100% until the end of the year. I think what parents are doing is testing their kids IF they show symptoms. Nothing is mandated by her school or club as far as "mandatory" testing.

Up to parents to test there kids if they want. My dd is going to in person learning at her High School, varsity soccer and club training so she is interacting with a lot of kids. She's has had teammates that have tested positive so we test her out of abundance of caution, plus my insurance covers all COVID testing 100% until the end of the year. I think what parents are doing is testing their kids IF they show symptoms. Nothing is mandated by her school or club as far as "mandatory" testing.
Thanks that is some good information -- best of luck to you and your kid!

Back