Texas ECNL and Frontier Conference

Genuinely curious about how you would go about making that happen? Do you have a home in TX as well? Would you just move your DD there for school and then get on with a team there?
Pretty much that simple I guess. North Texas is a hyper-growth area so schools are always enrolling new students on a daily basis. We moved from SoCal two years ago and went through the process. If your DD is playing ECNL then you would need to go through the transfer process once you find a club.

Yes...EJ is right...am from Dallas and grew up there. Have lots of guys I grew up with and played with that are still very active in the soccer scene with their kids and/or coaching.

@Dubs PM me if you have any specific questions.

Reality for me is that Covid or not I was going to be in Dallas most of the fall for Family and Business obligations, so with Home School, no “real” soccer going in CA it created a unique opportunity. Just rolling with it.
I see. Makes sense. I didn't realize you were already staying there. I have a friend (not a soccer person) looking for a spot to move his son so he can play football for his senior year. I thought it was an interesting idea but wasn't sure how someone would actually do this in practice. Sounds like you're well set up in case you want to make it happen for your DD. All the best.

I see. Makes sense. I didn't realize you were already staying there. I have a friend (not a soccer person) looking for a spot to move his son so he can play football for his senior year. I thought it was an interesting idea but wasn't sure how someone would actually do this in practice. Sounds like you're well set up in case you want to make it happen for your DD. All the best.
Yes, many big time HS Sr are looking for a place to play ball. Everyone I know who is moving out of Cali as I speak have the type of job that allows them to work anywhere. Based on the latest from my LA contact ((my fly on the wall)), those in charge with decisions in our state are saying no sports going to go happen on their fields that that they control into next year and maybe 2022. This is the reality were all in. I literately was on the phone with a friend and his friend just sold his house and is off to Texas for football. I guess the dad is like Woobie and has some connections at one of those Friday night lights teams that needed a QB desperately. Their all city QB tore his ACL and this was going to be their year. So a match was made in heaven and QB can finish his Sr year off like a bang. He does want to play in Texas for college so this works for his son my friend said. Were losing great people everyday to Texas and CO and AZ and UT and NV.

My issue with the whole thing is I wish the ECNL/Clubs were more transparent on what is going on, dates, restrictions, etc...most everyone is in the dark. ECNL thread saying October 3....I don’t think soccer is coming back to So Cal in October.

My issue with the whole thing is I wish the ECNL/Clubs were more transparent on what is going on, dates, restrictions, etc...most everyone is in the dark. ECNL thread saying October 3....I don’t think soccer is coming back to So Cal in October.

Can't speak for other conferences, but ECNL Texas has been quite transparent about the schedule. We've known it for several weeks.

I have yet to see any direction yet on any restrictions for the games with regards to Covid-related guidelines, but I imagine those should be arriving soon.

First games are slated to begin in 10 days. Still zero reported player-to-player transmission from any of the training or tournaments over the past several months.

Looks like it's game on.

Agreed. And how can you make it equitable? You got teams playing games/tourneys already and out here in Cali we have no idea when we'll be able to even have an internal scrimmage! Just sucks donkey balls.

Agreed. And how can you make it equitable? You got teams playing games/tourneys already and out here in Cali we have no idea when we'll be able to even have an internal scrimmage! Just sucks donkey balls.
Don;t blame this on ECNL. My club has no idea either. WHO can plan anything in Cali? I think they were hoping Cali could play ball this fall but it's a no. Maps, Grace and I know the same crew and we have some flies on the wall in big places. No sports you guys until next year or 2022. The fields are not yours to use either. They are controlled and no one will use them unless they feel it's safe for EVERYONE. I told my dd the grim news last night and she wants to stay in Cali and give up sports. I want to force her to move to Texas so she can ball now but it's too hot for her. I want pro for her so bad. Someone needs to go pro in my family. Forget being the first one to attend college, I wanted her to be the first true pro in our family. That dream of mine has set sale and is all gone. Bummer!! She did ask if pro game has any big $$$$ value for the average goat and I said no sweetie. OC Register use to run high schools sports scores up at the top and it's just Corona Stats now. All day, everyday. Corona Corona Corona. I'm so sick of the name btw!!!!

I want to force her to move to Texas so she can ball now but it's too hot for her. I want pro for her so bad. Someone needs to go pro in my family. Forget being the first one to attend college, I wanted her to be the first true pro in our family.

I really hope this is sarcasm, because otherwise this is a sad, sad, sad, sad statement.

With CA up in the air, ECNL is stuck. I see other ECNL regions do have schedules up.

CA has no idea what they are doing. As such that would make it pretty hard for ECNL to put up a SW schedule.

I really hope this is sarcasm, because otherwise this is a sad, sad, sad, sad statement.

Throwback Thursday
This is me back in the day bro. I played all sports and was determined to go Pro in one of them. I was fast and I could chase the ball down and get to it first. However, I was not that good at finishing. In the team pic you see here, our GK Brubaker was top GK in da league. He went down with a season ending injury mid way and the Wombats were in big trouble. The coach asked anyone if they would be willing to play GK I raised my hand to help out. The fact was, I was really good at GK and I knew it. This was my Brady moment :) It was at these fields I first had a dream of playing with the Cosmos and the great Pele as GK, no joke bro. BTW, we got free Jumbo Jacks all the time.
Throw Back.jpg

With CA up in the air, ECNL is stuck. I see other ECNL regions do have schedules up.

CA has no idea what they are doing. As such that would make it pretty hard for ECNL to put up a SW schedule.
Definitely doesn't bode well for having any season in CA. The boys side in AZ is doing what it can - ECNL VS MLS friendlies are about to become a welcome reality (this weekend, next, and beyond) and Barca Resident Academy looks to be hosting something over labor day weekend. Maybe a CA team or two can sneak out to participate.

Definitely doesn't bode well for having any season in CA. The boys side in AZ is doing what it can - ECNL VS MLS friendlies are about to become a welcome reality (this weekend, next, and beyond) and Barca Resident Academy looks to be hosting something over labor day weekend. Maybe a CA team or two can sneak out to participate.
I'm so happy for you Happy. Hound Dog is living the dream as well. One of my pals moved to Chandler years ago and still lives there. Raised all his goats there. I think his boy was a catcher and now he lives in Gilbert. Killer house all paid for too. AZ is looking good lately. Tough folks. All the teams my dd has played in AZ have always brought Ganas. Good job AZ....

The issues in CA are exactly why we are in Texas now. Things worked out in a way that it could happen - home school for the kid and family and business obligations for me. Not ideal, but she is playing...Full practices Tue-Thur and two scrimmages this weekend. Will need to make a decision early next week what we will do, stay and play or send her home and have her wait it out. Bottom line it is her call/decision.

@notintheface
That's fair bro and I guess you reading into way too much of my rants and the waves I make. I promise, I'm one big goof and please dont take me too serious. I am the most competitive person I know and I always try and win fair and square. If you win, you win and I shake your hand and I'm the loser for the day. I will come back and try and beat your ass the nest day though. I keep coming back until I ware you down and you say, "I'm out" or, "STFU" or "Just ignore him." It comes with who I am. The point I'm making is dont take me serious.

What is an example of a satire?
Some shows on television are satire examples, such as The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and The Larry Sanders Show. These shows claim to target what they think are stupid political and social viewpoints.

Moneygram is a nice facility. Both my girls did Super Copa there. Pitch plays well.

Scrimmage at MG this morning. Your are right...plays really well. Wow!!!...fields are amazing. Had only dropped off and seen from a-far. Parents all social distanced, with masks. No issues, no crowds, parents followed directions, watched from the sidelines at varying distances, no craziness. Everyone entered and exited distanced. They did a great job. Beyond silly we can’t put this together and figure it out in So Cal. It’s very doable.

Scrimmage at MG this morning. Your are right...plays really well. Wow!!!...fields are amazing. Had only dropped off and seen from a-far. Parents all social distanced, with masks. No issues, no crowds, parents followed directions, watched from the sidelines at varying distances, no craziness. Everyone entered and exited distanced. They did a great job. Beyond silly we can’t put this together and figure it out in So Cal. It’s very doable.
Nice to hear. I'm happy for your dd and family today. I gave u a few rants in the past, but it was more about making a point and not personal. Soccer for kids is not allowed in socal. Wow, just woza. What a trip were all in these days.

When is the Harvard study on this due out? ;)

Back