Texas ECNL and Frontier Conference

STX

SILVER ELITE
Looks like the fallout from GDA's folding is starting to sort out. Trying to keep up. Seems next year shaping up like this, yes?

Texas ECNL:
Solar
DFeeters/Kicks
Sting Dallas
Dallas Texans
Sting Austin
Classics Elite
Albion Hurricanes
Challenge SC
Tulsa SC
Oklahoma Celtic

GAL/DPL
FC Dallas
Lonestar SC
Houston Dash
Oklahoma Energy
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha
Colorado Rush?

Looks like the fallout from GDA's folding is starting to sort out. Trying to keep up. Seems next year shaping up like this, yes?

Texas ECNL:
Solar
DFeeters/Kicks
Sting Dallas
Dallas Texans
Sting Austin
Classics Elite
Albion Hurricanes
Challenge SC
Tulsa SC
Oklahoma Celtic

GAL/DPL
FC Dallas
Lonestar SC
Houston Dash
Oklahoma Energy
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha
Colorado Rush?
I need to apologize to all of you in Texas. I thought Solar was left out but they had two like the Blues and their top team was with GDA and then ECNL 2nd team like Blues? I'm so confused. Solar 04' is really good too, right? Top ten? 03' team with 04s playing up our really good. I only need 04' info for my "Not to early top ten 04' ECNL teams mixed with ECRL teams. Actually, just share over on that thread I guess. I don;t want to thread hop like I do sometimes. My wife told me my online manners are horrible and I need to slow down and watch a movie with her. My son is playing videos games, my dd is training in the basement to be the best in the world and me and the wife will watch a movie. I see a light at the end of the tunnel for all of us. Good night moon...........Good night John Boy!!! Good night Mary Jane!!!

1587353470822.png

Texas ECNL:
Solar
DFeeters/Kicks
Sting Dallas
Dallas Texans
Sting Austin
Classics Elite
Albion Hurricanes
Challenge SC
Tulsa SC
Oklahoma Celtic

GAL/DPL
FC Dallas
Lonestar SC
Houston Dash
Oklahoma Energy
Sporting Blue Valley
Sporting Omaha
Colorado Rush?
Thank you for the update and good luck to your family and all of Texas for that matter as you move toward a more normal daily life. Have they given you any idea when you will be allowed to start training yet?

Have you started to see players leave GDA teams for ECNL or are they sticking with their teams to play in the new league?

Top soon to tell for sure and don't know about other teams, but it sure looks likely that top players will jump ship for ECNL. Every DA team has reasonable nearby ECNL options. In every case, the nearby ECNL option currently has worse teams than the DA club (sometimes way worse), but the players I know seem poised to move for the ECNL platform. GAL Texas is going to be just too spread out and the expected level of competition (and uncertainty of college exposure) may not be worth all that travel after the expected migration of top GAL players to ECNL teams.

I need to apologize to all of you in Texas. I thought Solar was left out but they had two like the Blues and their top team was with GDA and then ECNL 2nd team like Blues? I'm so confused. Solar 04' is really good too, right? Top ten? 03' team with 04s playing up our really good. I only need 04' info for my "Not to early top ten 04' ECNL teams mixed with ECRL teams. Actually, just share over on that thread I guess. I don;t want to thread hop like I do sometimes. My wife told me my online manners are horrible and I need to slow down and watch a movie with her. My son is playing videos games, my dd is training in the basement to be the best in the world and me and the wife will watch a movie. I see a light at the end of the tunnel for all of us. Good night moon...........Good night John Boy!!! Good night Mary Jane!!!

View attachment 6882
I would have to say yes to Solar 04 being a Top 10. I am assuming they are all in with their DA team and their ECNL team both playing but I wonder if their DPL team will get absorbed into their top 2 teams or will they be relegated somewhere else. For me, it was a fun time playing in TX, nice folks, great food and great soccer but dang the HEAT/HUMIDITY. I was dying in the stands and the girls were fading late in the second half but still great memories.

Increasingly looking like GAL isn't going to be a viable option for top players in TX. The travel is too much to play teams that no will longer resemble their past quality as ex-GDA girls in Houston and Austin are lining up ECNL offers and opportunities.

Interesting map -- any educated hypothesis as to why CO would be placed in the NW of ECNL which is further to opponents than the TX/OK league and is by far a larger division?
CO had always been part of the NW ECNL conference until this year. They were put into the Texas conference for whatever reason in 2019, but they are just going back to the traditional alignment.

CO had always been part of the NW ECNL conference until this year. They were put into the Texas conference for whatever reason in 2019, but they are just going back to the traditional alignment.
They were in "Frontier" for DA which included the TX/OK/KS and that seems like less travel time and would make the conference sizes more equal, but if that is how ECNL had them before I guess it makes some sense

They were in "Frontier" for DA which included the TX/OK/KS and that seems like less travel time and would make the conference sizes more equal, but if that is how ECNL had them before I guess it makes some sense
The Northwest Conference is divided up into two divisions - Bay Area and Pacific(All the Oregon/Washington clubs). The other clubs in NW, including CO are placed into the two divisions, but I'm not sure how they will decide which one goes to which division. Each division in the NW has about the same number of clubs(~10) as the TX conference.

Looks like the ECNL Texas conference is soon to be finalized. No Houston Dash. No Lonestar. And, most surprising, no FC Dallas.

Dallas Texans got VERY lucky, and it is likely that fortune is at FC Dallas's expense. Texans are not a very good club on the girls side compared to these other 3 snubbed Texas clubs and the Texans are far inferior to FCD by any measure. But their timing was impeccable as they just so happened to drop out of DA and into ECNL just a few weeks before US Soccer killed the DA. That decision blindsided the remaining Texas DA clubs and left them with zero leverage.

Absolutely no reason anyone should have been blindsided by that move. In the works for a long time and an 'open secret' to many.

I see my wording was confusing. The decision that blindsided the clubs that I was referring to was US Soccer folding the DA (not Texans joining ECNL).

Back