Team Management App

For the last 4 seasons I have been a big fan of Shutterfly. Once the calendar is inputted, setting up automatic reminders made my life really easy. I put all practices, games, team events in and had an auto reminder go out 24 hours before. I would use the desktop version for any admin work but for last minute communications both email and text you could do easily through the app.
I used Shutterfly for a few seasons before switching to TeamSnap and I find TeamSnap to be much more user friendly and I don't get all the extra Shutterfly emails/spam. Just my two cents.

I have used TeamSnap for a while. It is always a pain to get everyone signed up, etc. I also dislike that the text alerts cannot be replied to directly. I have taken to using a Text to Group app to handle this. In order for this to work properly I have to disable iMessage and Group Text each time and the re-enable afterward. Parents can reply directly to the text. With both, there is a character limit that, if exceeded, the app will break into multiple texts. In some cases these don't always arrive in order.

I would like to find a good app for tracking stats during the game.

Shots, shots on target and goals (by who, from where and assisted by)
Possession
Completed passes

With GotSoccer releasing their app, I was hoping for something good with real integration with their online stuff, but it falls short.

So what say you?
Best Team Management App?
Best Team Stat Tracker App?

Cheers
Brett

If you all must keep stats during the game, make sure you find an app that also includes a "virtual parent," who can track the stats accurately, because most of the real ones I've seen try, can't even get who scored the goals, so have to ask all the other parents on the sideline all the time, and it gets kind of annoying. And as for assists, well no one really notices, so they are awarded almost randomly (mostly to the first kid who high-fives the scorer). So I can only imagine with "shots on target, possession, completed passes, who drew/caused fouls, etc etc... yikes! o_O

Can't the games just be taped, then reviewed by the Coach if he/she so desires???

IMG_9319.PNG Soloyosh- both of my kids' teams use TeamSnap. It's ok and I do get the notifications in a timely manner. You might want to check out Remind. It's pretty easy and as a teacher, I use it for communicating with my students' parents. Most of them tell me they love it but the challenge is getting everyone to download the app. You can send out group texts, individual texts, photos, BUT I don't like the character limit on announcements.

As far as soccer stats, you can check out Soccer Meter. There's a Lite (free) version but I bought the full version for $5. It can track stats and breaks down possession time, shots on goal, etc. It even transcribes the stats into an easy to read report which can be emailed. HOWEVER, this is provided that you (or someone else on the team) has the patience to tap on the green and record all of this information. I've tried it and can't focus on it for prolonged periods of time. I asked my husband to track a game and he is much better at it than I am. SO I think it's way too much work, but you might want to try your hand at it. I don't manage a team anymore so I just show up and enjoy the game

Communication: band.us. app works on Android Apple and PCs through a browser. Much more robust than remind.

The band. Us calendar function Imports directly into your Outlook or Google calendars. There's a section for saving documents and photos.

For photos I agree that Google photo album is one of the best Solutions. You can create a shared photo album and it's unlimited storage.

Back