SW Division Updates

and if slammers is willing to play north teams (how the hell is Arsenal and legends north) why not have LAFC instead. There is no logic to this

and if slammers is willing to play north teams (how the hell is Arsenal and legends north) why not have LAFC instead. There is no logic to this
Basically North of the 91 freeway is in the North and South of the 91 freeway is South. Except for Slammers or the team formerly known as LAFC.

What would you suggest?

Everyone plays each other once. Then you break it up in the spring so top teams play each other for top playoff spots. Lower half plays each other in 2nd half. The way they divided it doesn’t make sense. Of course that probably wouldn’t work because ecnl plays as a club.

Basing it on geography is an excuse. this is ecnl and everyone is aware there is travel.

The southwest conference chairperson is from the Heat. I see his team is in the other bracket
My understanding is that within your division a club will play every other club 2 times. Then the club will play each of the other teams in the other division 1 time.

That is just my understanding. We will have to await ECNL and whenever they get around to announcing the changes for the coming year.

Base it on how clubs did as a whole. putting 3 top clubs in one bracket doesn’t make sense, unless your club would benefit from it.

I wonder if ECNL will do what it did this year and take 4 Southwest conference teams in the top playoff bracket in June 2022. If ECNL does take only 4 and it's the top 2 from each division, then it seems like having parity in terms of divisional strength should be the most important factor in creating the divisions.

I wonder if ECNL will do what it did this year and take 4 Southwest conference teams in the top playoff bracket in June 2022. If ECNL does take only 4 and it's the top 2 from each division, then it seems like having parity in terms of divisional strength should be the most important factor in creating the divisions.
Agree about parity in tens of strength should be most important factor. When playoffs occur, I want the top 5 teams in each age group representing our division. Am I want them to all do well. If southwest conference does well, it bodes well for all of us in this conference.
From what I have seen how ecnl handles conferences, they will give 2 playoff seeds to a 8 team bracket and 3 seeds to a nine seed bracket. This is why I think the 9th team was added to the other bracket. It’s crazy to think that they could potentially have top teams get frozen out of playoffs due to are they seated this thing. There are no accidents the way these things happen. Politics on a small scale!

Too many spelling errors. Basically what I was saying is send the best 5 from the entire conference (no matter who it is), not the teams that landed in the right conference

Too many spelling errors. Basically what I was saying is send the best 5 from the entire conference (no matter who it is), not the teams that landed in the right conference
Pay the $15 bro and you can correct all you want. It helps so much and way worth the investment :) BTW, I'm on my last year. 11 years of club soccer and politics is the bloodline in this sport. Good luck to your player and enjoy the ride :)

My understanding is that within your division a club will play every other club 2 times. Then the club will play each of the other teams in the other division 1 time.

That is just my understanding. We will have to await ECNL and whenever they get around to announcing the changes for the coming year.
that is still a lot of games. figure play everyone once = 17 then your division = 8 that is 25 games so 13 weekends. Seems like a lot. Max played last year was 16.

that is still a lot of games. figure play everyone once = 17 then your division = 8 that is 25 games so 13 weekends. Seems like a lot. Max played last year was 16.
Last year was shut down for half the season. Play 9 weekends before HS break and 6 or so after and your can spread the 25 games across 15 or so weekends.

Back