SW Club Rankings So Far

Rising had a tough early schedule and has already played Blues, Legends, Surf, Beach and both Slammers. Koge has yet to play those clubs.

This is some great data. If you slice this and take out the top 2 older groups, this will be a telling trend for those clubs that will be struggling or improving as the older age group exist the ECNL system. In my opinion, there’s too many clubs targeting the same demographic region. As an example blues and LAFC are both on the South OC market. They dominate this market and the rest of the ECNL clubs will continue to get RL or worse level players. Put a club in north Orange County or Cerritos. The fact is that the clubs that continue to struggle need to recruit in a different market or come up with some unique value compared to the top clubs.

This is some great data. If you slice this and take out the top 2 older groups, this will be a telling trend for those clubs that will be struggling or improving as the older age group exist the ECNL system. In my opinion, there’s too many clubs targeting the same demographic region. As an example blues and LAFC are both on the South OC market. They dominate this market and the rest of the ECNL clubs will continue to get RL or worse level players. Put a club in north Orange County or Cerritos. The fact is that the clubs that continue to struggle need to recruit in a different market or come up with some unique value compared to the top clubs.
There are basically four OC clubs, Koge, Blues, Slammers and Strikers. As you state, Koge and Blues have no issue recruiting currently. Slammers is an interesting one in that it is really the second team for Koge, but they don't seem to be struggling at all based upon the data provided (6th out of the 17 teams). However, I think this is about the ceiling for Slammers as they will never be the top club. Strikers has had some missteps on the girls side the past few years and need to rebuild their brand a bit. Talent will continue to gravitate to ECNL, families are willing to drive from north OC to the great park, and this market can support four teams in ECNL.

Slow day at work. Systems are down. Lots of time to look around all corners of the internet.

Based on pts per game through both divisions. Then ranked clubs 1-17 overall.

As of what is posted online from top to bottom. Just a sum of what position they ended up in over all age groups. Some clubs had the same numbers.

koge10
legends15
surf27
beach31
blues31
slammers43
rebels47
sporting61
lafc61
royals62
eagles64
arsenal67
strikers69
heat74
breakers78
rising79
sharks90
Great work bro. You and Futbol dad have gifts & talents. My dd has played for 3 of the 5 top teams in her youth soccer career. Cal South State Cup Champs with one of them and US Youth Natty with another. Learn amazing soccer from that other one. Good luck to everyone who has kids playing soccer. I will soon be departing the great youth game. I look forward to seeing how things play out for my kid with soccer after this season. Big showcase coming in SD and I will be 100% buying you a few drinks. I would buy anyways bro.

Great stuff bro. Name brand of club, the access with the connection Docs have is the key to getting what you want & need. It's my wish today that everyone gets everything they want with soccer.

and 90% of parents are totally fine with never being the "top" club--only the crazy soccer parents need trophies as personal validation or measure of success. Let Koge and Surf have 'em while I chill on the sidelines and tailgate with my drama-free homies from a 'non-top" club :)
Some girls like medals too Oh Canada. After 11 years, too many parents want their kids to get into a college so they can show how truly elite their player is. The whole thing is a complete mess. Way too many teams and parents wanting to promote elitism.

and 90% of parents are totally fine with never being the "top" club--only the crazy soccer parents need trophies as personal validation or measure of success. Let Koge and Surf have 'em while I chill on the sidelines and tailgate with my drama-free homies from a 'non-top" club :)

We lose more often than we win but our parents get along great and the girls are being challenged at fligjt 1. None of us want to make the 45 minute drive (so far). Three of our parents are coaches in other teams. 7 of our parents played in college. Some have guest played for ecrl and ECNL in the last year. Unfortunately if my dd wants to play in college i will eventually have to make the jump. I’m hoping college coaches will give Discovery players a chance but i doubt it.
To your point enjoying the ride so far.

Some girls like medals too Oh Canada. After 11 years, too many parents want their kids to get into a college so they can show how truly elite their player is. The whole thing is a complete mess. Way too many teams and parents wanting to promote elitism.
I see plenty of middle-of-the-pack teams winning medals at tournaments throughout the year

There are basically four OC clubs, Koge, Blues, Slammers and Strikers. As you state, Koge and Blues have no issue recruiting currently. Slammers is an interesting one in that it is really the second team for Koge, but they don't seem to be struggling at all based upon the data provided (6th out of the 17 teams). However, I think this is about the ceiling for Slammers as they will never be the top club. Strikers has had some missteps on the girls side the past few years and need to rebuild their brand a bit. Talent will continue to gravitate to ECNL, families are willing to drive from north OC to the great park, and this market can support four teams in ECNL.
Koge and Slammers practice in the same spot?

If not are they close to each other? And if so which locations?

Strikers has had some missteps on the girls side the past few years and need to rebuild their brand a bit.
Let's keep in mind that the Strikers top Girls Doc bailed and took his teams to the Blues a few years ago. Blues got two teams and Slammers was rewarded with two for one. Not easy being a club Doc these days. Good luck to your player :)

Let's keep in mind that the Strikers top Girls Doc bailed and took his teams to the Blues a few years ago. Blues got two teams and Slammers was rewarded with two for one. Not easy being a club Doc these days. Good luck to your player :)
I don't know what you mean when you say blues got two teams and I don't know what the strikers doc move has to do with slammers being "rewarded with two for one". I certainly think there is room for ecnl strikers in oc and suspect they will improve over time, but they haven't had a great name on the girls side for a few years now.

I don't know what you mean when you say blues got two teams and I don't know what the strikers doc move has to do with slammers being "rewarded with two for one". I certainly think there is room for ecnl strikers in oc and suspect they will improve over time, but they haven't had a great name on the girls side for a few years now.
Why not a good name? Look man, when my kid was 12, we played Strikers in State Quarter Finals. Anyone on here who has a 2021, 2022 or 2023 knows if all the Striker players stayed, they would most likely be #1. The is fact. AR took all his teams to the Blues because Blues had GDA and ECNL. because Slammers stayed ECNL, they got two ECNL teams. They had to rebuild bro because of the past Doc. I dont talk to any coach. My dd made the decision to play for Strikers and I can say she is learning a lot of what it will take to play in college.

Why not a good name? Look man, when my kid was 12, we played Strikers in State Quarter Finals. Anyone on here who has a 2021, 2022 or 2023 knows if all the Striker players stayed, they would most likely be #1. The is fact. AR took all his teams to the Blues because Blues had GDA and ECNL. because Slammers stayed ECNL, they got two ECNL teams. They had to rebuild bro because of the past Doc. I dont talk to any coach. My dd made the decision to play for Strikers and I can say she is learning a lot of what it will take to play in college.
Didn't mean to offend you and glad your dd found a place she is happy. Yes, Strikers used to be very good on the girls side, but never recovered from when several coaches moved. They just haven't been able to rebuild their brand yet since losing those coaches/players. I am sure they will eventually, but still struggle to field top ecnl teams at most age groups on the girls side.

Back