SW Club Rankings So Far

I
I wouldn't get caught up with letters of the league. But I would be concerned with the level of competition. Playing tougher competition on a regular basis is key for development IMO. Kids/parents will train hard after tough losses versus thinking everything is OK after a landslide win over weaker team.
I don't disagree just pointing out there are other options/ways to reach the promised land.

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 3.58.23 PM.png

Anybody know the result of SD Surf U16 vs Davis Legacy U16 on the last day of the girls San Diego showcase? Still hasn't been updated on the schedule.

3-2 Surf, hat trick for Surf’s 9. Second hat trick of the showcase.
3-2 Surf over Davis Legacy is correct. It’s likely this score (and another score involving OK Energy 2005’s) will never get reported. ECNL’s score reporting system is weak. In the showcase of the showcases, the final 8 at Richmond in July, ECNL managed to report 1 of the 7 games played with a correct score. And they even managed to post a score for 2 teams that never played each other. ECNL can, and should, do better.

It will not play itself out in a few weeks. It will not play itself out until the end of the season (and even that is not true). Have you looked at how imbalanced some of the schedules are for this fall? Some clubs do not play each other at all until late spring. And, some clubs you play twice, others only once. So the scheduling is a mess in my opinion. Have two divisions if they want, but don't bother playing the other one. ECNL has gone down hill by adding so many clubs. It used to be easy. You played everyone twice and the cream rose to the top. Now it is all unbalanced, and on any given year, one division could be a lot stronger than the other division. For example, the M division could have the top 4 teams in an age group, yet the S division still gets three into nationals, and the 4th/5th best M team is out. If they are not competing for the same spots at nationals why not just treat them like separate conferences?

I am not upset at the ranking, I just simply stated that it is not an accurate portrayal of the clubs at this stage of the season.
Just recalling this whole conversation from early in the season. Seems as though the early results held up pretty well through games in Seattle:

Age groups making Round of 16: Koge (6), Surf (4), Legends (3), Blues (3), Beach (2), Slammers (2), all other SW teams (0)
Age groups making Quarterfinals: Koge (5), Legends (2), Surf (1), Beach (1), all other SW teams (0)

Koge is clearly the most dominant Socal club overall this year. Who will end up with more championships after Virginia games are played: Koge or Solar?

Just recalling this whole conversation from early in the season. Seems as though the early results held up pretty well through games in Seattle:

Age groups making Round of 16: Koge (6), Surf (4), Legends (3), Blues (3), Beach (2), Slammers (2), all other SW teams (0)
Age groups making Quarterfinals: Koge (5), Legends (2), Surf (1), Beach (1), all other SW teams (0)

Koge is clearly the most dominant Socal club overall this year. Who will end up with more championships after Virginia games are played: Koge or Solar?

As a footnote, here are the So Cal Clubs with teams in the Championship:

Legends 2
Beach 1
Slammers 1

Back