Survey on Newsom Recall

Would you vote to recall Gavin Newsom

• Yes

Votes: 57 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Weird that all of his previous restrictions/tier were case based and cases have been higher recently than many times during the tier system, despite vaccinations.

Vaccinations are barely creeping, more akin to stalled. Why wouldn't he have already posed vaccine mandates? I'll answer the question for you, its because of the recall, but I think you already know this.

Well cases made sense prior to the vaccine. Cases really don't make sense. It's all about vaccination rates and ICU beds. California is doing pretty good there. I mean Florida and Texas numbers are finally starting to go past CA per capita. So we must be doing something right.

Weird that all of his previous restrictions/tier were case based and cases have been higher recently than many times during the tier system, despite vaccinations.

Vaccinations are barely creeping, more akin to stalled. Why wouldn't he have already posed vaccine mandates? I'll answer the question for you, its because of the recall, but I think you already know this.
Sure. Good public policy would already have vaccine passports. And the recall probably blocked them.

And Newsom will probably look at it now and decide he’s better off supporting Biden’s vaccination plan than coming up with his own. He has the business connections. Not that hard to call them up and make sure the big ones are all on board. Probably happening now.

Well cases made sense prior to the vaccine. Cases really don't make sense. It's all about vaccination rates and ICU beds. California is doing pretty good there. I mean Florida and Texas numbers are finally starting to go past CA per capita. So we must be doing something right.
It should have always been about hospitalizations. I won't say that cases are meaningless, but the risks were associated with hospitalizations and ICU beds. San Diego County never came close to overwhelming its hospitals, except for a very short period for South Bay hospitals that were nearly overrun from patients from south of the border. Overall bed capacity was never threatened.

That label likely didn't sit well with the independents whose vote was necessary to recall Newsom. Prior to Elder entering the fray the recall vote was fairly even. Combined with Newsom removing the Covid restrictions (tier system), it led to a big victory for Newsom. I think the recall was a foolish endeavor to begin with but nevertheless, given the chance to get rid of Newsom I'm not going to bypass that opportunity.

I'm curious to see if Newsom implements some new restrictions. Currently as a state we are 20 cases per 100,000, which would put us deep in the most restrictive purple tier which had a cutoff of 7 cases per 100k. San Diego County is at 32. If you needed any additional evidence that the restrictions were political, this is proof positive.
I hear Wendy and this Flynn guy are hitting California last on their 50 state , "American Election Audit Tours." No Jab, no job or play for me and others like me. Your squeezing me out and it hurts like hell but I 100% understand. I understand what happened. BC BO wear no mask at parties and gatherings all day and night long but our kids have to be jabbed twice, wear mask 24/7 around folks at school and get contact tracing and tests. The commitment and risks one must make to go to school these days is insane. Seriously, this is madness. Robert the Bruce's everywhere these days and their colors shine for all to see. I dont trust that type of man, let me tell you. Dad wanted me out of the state for not getting jabbed and now I see everyone elses true colors. @Grace T. Did you hear the latest from you know who today? You do know what's coming next, right? God, I love all my peeps from Socal & NoCal. However, many are very afraid and full of fear. And so also, like it's so political now and so many feel they have a real mandate now to impose their true will for my life.

Why does he need added restrictions? Cases are creeping down. Vaccinations are creeping up. In the next 4 months, we are likely to get two vaccination boosts: one from the employer mandates and one from the 5-11 Pfizer EUA.

Maybe we are in for some trouble this winter as we all go inside. Even then, I see a state vaccine mandate as far more likely than other restrictions.

Vaccine mandates are a guarantee. 100%, I'd bet every penny I had on it. They will eventually be forced by law and gunpoint. This is without question going to happen.

Universal shut downs? No. Shut downs will be predicated on compliance with said vaccine laws that will eventually happen.

Sure. Good public policy would already have vaccine passports. And the recall probably blocked them.

And Newsom will probably look at it now and decide he’s better off supporting Biden’s vaccination plan than coming up with his own. He has the business connections. Not that hard to call them up and make sure the big ones are all on board. Probably happening now.

A lot of the big ones are on board already. The problem though is that it's tied to the office reopenings in large part. And they can't fully reopen until the mask mandates are dropped. Many of the larger companies also self-insure their insurance costs...it's in their interest to keep those numbers down.

The problem is getting the remainder. The odds are that the mandate will be struck down (though it's not as good of odds as the Rs complaining about it think).

Vaccine mandates are a guarantee. 100%, I'd bet every penny I had on it. They will eventually be forced by law and gunpoint. This is without question going to happen.

Universal shut downs? No. Shut downs will be predicated on compliance with said vaccine laws that will eventually happen.
Yup, I'm sad to say u r right sir/mam. I understand what this is 100% about. I'm shocked people roll sleeve up and then snare at me because I wont for obvious reasons. I need some time to say goodbye to my dd ((her sr year, oh boy just wait for her test that is soon coming to her and a few others)) and find a new place to live. The writing is on the wall and all my Robert the Bruce types have picked the jab because they comply to whatever the boss say's today. Too many controlled AI now and that is low energy depressed way to live. I'm heading out sooner rather then later. I feel the squeeze from my vax pals. "just do it" they say and be "like us" and go back "to normal like us." Crush is a big fat never and no. My sweet wife is Native American and they never got sick until you knew WHO came on to the scene. My wife has deep religious reason to never let a nettle hit her arm. I was adopted and I love Jesus and nothing will come into my blood. Nothing!!!! These people want my blood just like they did when I was conceived. Blood thirsty monsters. How many booster jabs is too many pro vaxer wat fly man? Dad? Or are you two find and dandy for the yearly or every 6 month jabber doo?

Those priorities have a place in Californian politics.

Right now, the best bet to enact them is as an independent or a conservative Democrat. The R party brand here is pretty much dead. You might try to revive it, but Trump’s standing by the casket with a mallet, a fist full of coffin nails, and a megaphone.
Sad but true….,

Just get vaccinated and move on with your life. Do you know what’s in everything you eat and drink?

Final (sort of ) results --

About 9.1 million voted, about 5.1 million made a choice among the dozens of candidates, Elder got 2.4 million of those (47%). Elder thus finished way behind the 4 million or so "none of the above" voters.

Vaccine mandates are a guarantee. 100%, I'd bet every penny I had on it.
They will eventually be forced by law and gunpoint.
This is without question going to happen.

( Vaccine mandates are a guarantee.
100%, I'd bet every penny I had on it.
They will eventually be forced by law and gunpoint.

This is without question going to happen. )

You've just wrote a check you can't/will not backup.

Back