Survey on Newsom Recall

Would you vote to recall Gavin Newsom

• Yes

Votes: 57 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Democrats asked constituents not to vote anyone.

Republicans didn’t endorse anyone.

Blame both parties for the situation we’re in.

Neither support a replacement but pursued political strategies based on a process that previously ended with a Governor best known for movie one-liners.
It will probably take a California Constitutional Amendment, but the recall process as written could use some improvement. For example, if an officer of the State is removed by recall, it might be treated the same as if he resigned or died -- the usual succession laws already in place would kick in. We could either accept that, or have a quickturn election for a replacement.

I'm not a Democrat.

Elder is repulsive. He is playing to the t crowd. Perhaps the Republicans should have done a better job of promoting an acceptable candidate, such as Cox or Faulconer as I mentioned.

Advocating for Fatherhood in the black community, self-accountability, working to solve the California homeless crisis, putting small business as a priority, wanting minorities to have school choice for their families, wants to improve literacy amongst minorities ...

These principles are repulsive to you; this is what Elder stands for. Let's put it on record that Espola wants more homelessness, enjoys single motherhood, hates small businesses, hates black literacy, wants minority families to have no choice for their kids, and despises small business owners. ;)

Typical dem; don't be ashamed of it. At least have the balls to own up to it.

Advocating for Fatherhood in the black community, self-accountability, working to solve the California homeless crisis, putting small business as a priority, wanting minorities to have school choice for their families, wants to improve literacy amongst minorities ...

These principles are repulsive to you; this is what Elder stands for. Let's put it on record that Espola wants more homelessness, enjoys single motherhood, hates small businesses, hates black literacy, wants minority families to have no choice for their kids, and despises small business owners. ;)

Let's put it on record that nextgenathletics lies about people.

I voted No today, and for a Republican better than Elder.

Early returns --

Shall Gavin Newsom Be Recalled (Removed) From the Office of Governor?
Y 2,509,17532.3%N 5,259,88467.7%

That's about 7.8 million votes. Elder is shown with

Larry A. Elder
(Party Preference: REP)
1,713,95442.6%

1.7 million is 42% of about 4 million, which (brings up calculator, clicks a few keys) approximately 3.8 million voted for nobody.

Survey says! It’s a laugher! Lol! Elder does Gavin and Democrats a favor by just being a trump conservative. Lol! What a bunch of buffoons! Hilarious!

Early returns --

Shall Gavin Newsom Be Recalled (Removed) From the Office of Governor?
Y 2,509,17532.3%N 5,259,88467.7%

That's about 7.8 million votes. Elder is shown with

Larry A. Elder
(Party Preference: REP)
1,713,95442.6%

1.7 million is 42% of about 4 million, which (brings up calculator, clicks a few keys) approximately 3.8 million voted for nobody.

Congrats to Gavin

Should Gov. Gavin Newsom be recalled?
If more than 50 percent of voters vote yes on the recall, Mr. Newsom must step down as governor.
Updated 8:20 AM ET
68% REPORTED

AnswerVotesPct.
WinnerNo 5,840,28363.9%
Yes 3,297,14536.1
Total reported 9,137,428

Should Gov. Gavin Newsom be recalled?
If more than 50 percent of voters vote yes on the recall, Mr. Newsom must step down as governor.
Updated 8:20 AM ET
68% REPORTED

AnswerVotesPct.
WinnerNo5,840,28363.9%
Yes3,297,14536.1
Total reported9,137,428
Nice win Husker Du.

Those priorities have a place in Californian politics.

Right now, the best bet to enact them is as an independent or a conservative Democrat. The R party brand here is pretty much dead. You might try to revive it, but Trump’s standing by the casket with a mallet, a fist full of coffin nails, and a megaphone.

Those priorities have a place in Californian politics.

Right now, the best bet to enact them is as an independent or a conservative Democrat. The R party brand here is pretty much dead. You might try to revive it, but Trump’s standing by the casket with a mallet, a fist full of coffin nails, and a megaphone.

Responsible Republicans could still save their party by making a public issue of throwing t out, along with all his post-election bs. The position this rejuvenated party would take on relevant issues of the day, such as the response to the covid pandemic, would have to be worked out. As long as they are connected to the anchor of t's lies, they are going nowhere in California, and probably many other states.

Old history -- the Republican Party was founded by Whigs who wanted a party with a better position on the issue of slavery.

It's interesting to note that the little poll that kicked this thread off has just about the opposite result of the actual election. That reinforces my thoughts about the attitudes of frequent posters here, especially in the off-topic threads.

Of course, the poll was shut off before Elder became a factor. Maybe things would have been different if a similar poll in the is population would have been conducted closer to the actual election.

Elder does Gavin and Democrats a favor by just being a trump conservative.
That label likely didn't sit well with the independents whose vote was necessary to recall Newsom. Prior to Elder entering the fray the recall vote was fairly even. Combined with Newsom removing the Covid restrictions (tier system), it led to a big victory for Newsom. I think the recall was a foolish endeavor to begin with but nevertheless, given the chance to get rid of Newsom I'm not going to bypass that opportunity.

I'm curious to see if Newsom implements some new restrictions. Currently as a state we are 20 cases per 100,000, which would put us deep in the most restrictive purple tier which had a cutoff of 7 cases per 100k. San Diego County is at 32. If you needed any additional evidence that the restrictions were political, this is proof positive.

That label likely didn't sit well with the independents whose vote was necessary to recall Newsom. Prior to Elder entering the fray the recall vote was fairly even. Combined with Newsom removing the Covid restrictions (tier system), it led to a big victory for Newsom. I think the recall was a foolish endeavor to begin with but nevertheless, given the chance to get rid of Newsom I'm not going to bypass that opportunity.

I'm curious to see if Newsom implements some new restrictions. Currently as a state we are 20 cases per 100,000, which would put us deep in the most restrictive purple tier which had a cutoff of 7 cases per 100k. San Diego County is at 32. If you needed any additional evidence that the restrictions were political, this is proof positive.
Why does he need added restrictions? Cases are creeping down. Vaccinations are creeping up. In the next 4 months, we are likely to get two vaccination boosts: one from the employer mandates and one from the 5-11 Pfizer EUA.

Maybe we are in for some trouble this winter as we all go inside. Even then, I see a state vaccine mandate as far more likely than other restrictions.

Why does he need added restrictions? Cases are creeping down. Vaccinations are creeping up. In the next 4 months, we are likely to get two vaccination boosts: one from the employer mandates and one from the 5-11 Pfizer EUA.

Maybe we are in for some trouble this winter as we all go inside. Even then, I see a state vaccine mandate as far more likely than other restrictions.
Weird that all of his previous restrictions/tier were case based and cases have been higher recently than many times during the tier system, despite vaccinations.

Vaccinations are barely creeping, more akin to stalled. Why wouldn't he have already posed vaccine mandates? I'll answer the question for you, its because of the recall, but I think you already know this.

It's interesting to note that the little poll that kicked this thread off has just about the opposite result of the actual election. That reinforces my thoughts about the attitudes of frequent posters here, especially in the off-topic threads.

Of course, the poll was shut off before Elder became a factor. Maybe things would have been different if a similar poll in the is population would have been conducted closer to the actual election.
Or if the poll wasn’t taken in the middle of nowhere . . . the same red counties that voted for trump, signed for the recall and then voted for it have a population the size of Santee.

Back