Surf Players Being Discouraged from playing HS?

How about one of their u-little teams deciding to win a game 25-0 in so cal league this year

can’t confirm because no scores posted , but did hear that one a couple weeks back
Ulittle is roughly 40-50 minute games which would mean a goal every 2 minutes. Pure class...

The other team should have just kept kicking the ball out to see if they'd continue chasing it over and over.

Ulittle is roughly 40-50 minute games which would mean a goal every 2 minutes. Pure class...

The other team should have just kept kicking the ball out to see if they'd continue chasing it over and over.
You are prob used to that these days in your club. You should send the coaches a note about your strategies for prevention.

You are prob used to that these days in your club. You should send the coaches a note about your strategies for prevention.
Might want to slow down on the hooch at night

Are you advocating for children beating other teams by 25+ goal differentials?

Generally when coaches get in +5 type situations they tell their players to pass X number of times before shooting or they pull 1 or 2 players from the field to try and keep the game competitive.

don't be so sure, Surf has lost top starters from its 2004, 2005, and 2006 team through the years.
Because they got pushed out by better players…
Let’s not kid ourselves…Surf gets tons of talented players. Produce or your playing time evaporated. Albion, Rebels and Sharks see many of the top players pushed out of Surf first teams.

Can anyone confirm. Deza talking to UCLA?
Cause UCLA is interviewing for a new women’s head coach

Cause UCLA is interviewing for a new women’s head coach

I know that...which is why I was asking for confirmation of it the rumor was true or not.

Because they got pushed out by better players…
Let’s not kid ourselves…Surf gets tons of talented players. Produce or your playing time evaporated. Albion, Rebels and Sharks see many of the top players pushed out of Surf first teams.
Partially true, but also partially false. Some players get pushed out, yes. But I can think of at least 5-6 across those age groups (my kid plays with one of the 05s--not on one of the clubs you mention) who would still be starting there had they not left. You sound as if you're a Surf parent. If you have been there 5+ years and your kid in one of those age groups, then you should know about these players too.

I know it's very difficult for the Surf devotees to understand, but some players find a better fit elsewhere and thrive. It's a blow to the "Surf is Supreme" ego, of course, (to have a player leave) so the line from the club will always be, "they weren't good enough". But watch those players on the field now and your eyes will see the truth.

There were very legitimate reasons other than playing time to leave Surf over the past few years. Take the 2005s, for example, they had like 5 coaches over the course of three years, one of whom left under allegations of sexual harassment. The 2004s had their own set of issues with favoritism and politics being front and center with two of Surf's top execs having daughters on that team. And, if you get your wish with CB taking over the 2006s, won't they have had only two coaches for 8+ years? And you wonder why they might not be progressing? A control-freak parent group who won't let their kids be touched by Deza? (pure speculation, of course, but it does seem odd)

It's not just limited to Surf. Starting players move from Blues, Legends, etc. too. My overall point is that the notion that all players leave clubs --even the biggest--only because they're not good enough to stay is demonstrably hogwash.

Looks like Albion lost another top coach to an ECNL club, Danny Madrigal. That's 4 coaches that I know of that have left GA programs to go to an ECNL girls program. Seems like GA is no longer a place for top players or top coaches.

W
Looks like Albion lost another top coach to an ECNL club, Danny Madrigal. That's 4 coaches that I know of that have left GA programs to go to an ECNL girls program. Seems like GA is no longer a place for top players or top coaches.
Where did he go? I'm guessing Sharks.

Don't forget Gus is now at Surf after a short stint with Liverpool Irvine.

You increase your odds with Danny if you play futsal and enroll in his futsal classes. From a non-biased observer.
I've seen Danny walk off the Futsal court before the game was over (multiple times) if his team wasnt winning. Leaving the players + parents to fend for themselves.

Hes also told me perseronally which players on my kids team sucked and why. Some of his observations were correct others were way off. It was just odd listening to an adult talk about 7yr old children that way.

Kids are kids the ones that are good today might quit tomorrow. The ones the G team today could be top A team players tomorrow. Be professional + be a role model for youth.

I've seen Danny walk off the Futsal court before the game was over (multiple times) if his team wasnt winning. Leaving the players + parents to fend for themselves.

Hes also told me perseronally which players on my kids team sucked and why. Some of his observations were correct others were way off. It was just odd listening to an adult talk about 7yr old children that way.

Kids are kids the ones that are good today might quit tomorrow. The ones the G team today could be top A team players tomorrow. Be professional + be a role model for youth.
Best coach my dd ever had the best policies I have ever heard with regards to parents ((the customers)). She played for him for two years and he never waivered from his word and his policies and I truly respect him for it. Fair down the board. My wife tried to bring him Thanksgiving dinner and a slice of pie and he refused and was actually take a back by it. I get it now and understand why he was so against this new pay to play model. I kid you not bro. I saw with my own eyes. He was stern and set in his policies and said, "Oh no, no no, I can;t take anything that would look to show favoritism to your child because of some find pie ma'am and all the fixings.

This was my first play by play dad and coach talk with him before we signed. This was years ago and we won State Cup. He was and is still the best coach for females.

Coach: Hi, it's coach so and so and I've been watching your dd ball the last 8 months and want to offer her a spot on my U11 team.

Dad ((me)): Whose going to be on the team? What players you got? What position you see my player? How about play time? How much to pay to play? What about next year and the year after? Will you develop my player into greatness?
Coach: I have a policy I dont talk about other players with parents that are not their parents. I decide where kid plays. I decide play time but everyone on the team will get opportunities to prove themselves. X amount and that's it. No full rides. I add new players every year and cut players every year. One year deal. Great players develop themselves by playing with great players. Cream will rise to the top unless you pay for fake cream from fake cows.
Dad: Come on man, I need to.......I mean my dd would like to know who she will be playing with
Coach: I have a policy I dont talk about other players with parents. That is not respectful and right
Dad: No way, I dont believe you
Coach: Sorry, I will not talk about another player with you, ever!!!
Dad: Ok, I believe you. This is amazing and hard to be true

Back