Surf ENCL vs. Slammers Koge

I agree but my kid is running XC and they run 8k Mon-Fri on hilly terrain. Weight train on Saturdays.
Sounds excessive to me but folks are telling me that it’s okay.
Is she also playing soccer? 25 miles a week for XC at training pace plus races plus a full club soccer schedule and a game on most weekends is an excessive amount of running. Your daughter’s body will find this out for itself.

GDA had awesome website and the whole thing early on hooked this proud papa bear hwak dad. However, something behind the curtain was what was tbeir downfall. I voted yes all thw way for GDA before the truth came out with a few of the Docs who lied 24/7. Anyway, I will tell my goat to tell coach only one game a weekend and thats it. Two games under 24 hours is dumb & dangerous. No collegge teams play back to back.
Yeah, I am up to 3 things they got right. I'm pretty sure I won't find any more. The way they caused upheaval simply by coming and then going - is the definition of a shit show and that's without considering the other things they got wrong along the way.

My dd came up to me this moorning and asked if her team has a chance at playoffs after her tough hard fought feels like 110 playing on turf game loss Saturday 3pm and then the almost miracle upset game at 9am the next day against the #1 club in the country. It does matter brah to us who care about fairness. I will tell my kidd top 44 now make plahoffs so maybe a chance.
You know, I am not sure they will expand the U19 playoffs beyond Seattle. Typically, they will be up there for 4 games with two off days. No way to whittle it down to a champion with 4 games and 44 teams. Has anyone found anything definitive about U19 playoffs?

I bet if you compared financials- Surf is the #1 team in the country.

I hate the 2 games in 1 day if they are 80 or 90 minute games. 16, 17, 18 year olds are pretty much adults (physically- especially for females.). If you play your hardest on Saturday- No way you are recovered to play that hard again on Sunday.
Go run a 10k on Saturday morning at race pace. Then try it again 17 hours later. Your pace will be considerably slower.
Or do a hard workout with weights on Saturday. Then do the same workout on Sunday. You wont be able to lift nearly as much.
Agree 100%. At these ages, girls' ligaments are long past the "rubber band" stage - as we see by the number of injuries.

Is she also playing soccer? 25 miles a week for XC at training pace plus races plus a full club soccer schedule and a game on most weekends is an excessive amount of running. Your daughter’s body will find this out for itself.
No soccer yet. Since my kid is focused on going pro and YNT, her fitness emphasis is on be able to go hard 90 minutes plus stoppage time. XC is pushing her out of her comfort zone. I’m kinda concerned about the letter leagues ability to develop her physically, technically, and mentally.

No soccer yet. Since my kid is focused on going pro and YNT, her fitness emphasis is on be able to go hard 90 minutes plus stoppage time. XC is pushing her out of her comfort zone. I’m kinda concerned about the letter leagues ability to develop her physically, technically, and mentally.
I'm certainly not an expert in fitness required to play at the pro level.
Did someone with a soccer fitness pedigree recommend her run cross country?
Lot's of stuff i've seen online (twitter, etc) highly recommends against LSD (long, slow, distance) running. I'm sure she's running fast. But the "experts" recommend lots of sprint and interval training instead steady pace running for 30+ minutes.

preparing to be a Natty level soccer player by......not playing soccer.......not sure that is the best approach but to each their own

I'm certainly not an expert in fitness required to play at the pro level.
Did someone with a soccer fitness pedigree recommend her run cross country?
Lot's of stuff i've seen online (twitter, etc) highly recommends against LSD (long, slow, distance) running. I'm sure she's running fast. But the "experts" recommend lots of sprint and interval training instead steady pace running for 30+ minutes.
The XC team does hill sprints on Saturdays with strength training. I have attached the literature that I think justifies serious soccer players (ie: those with college and professional aspirations) running XC.

Attachments

• 559C75BF-B671-4BD0-BF64-A0F2885E7F0C.jpeg
    559C75BF-B671-4BD0-BF64-A0F2885E7F0C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • BC3861E1-33E9-483B-A49A-F4B7D1B98C6D.jpeg
    BC3861E1-33E9-483B-A49A-F4B7D1B98C6D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 704CF689-EC40-434C-8F5F-8B63E0AB1174.jpeg
    704CF689-EC40-434C-8F5F-8B63E0AB1174.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 5BF160C4-1351-4E52-8A3C-C4800212B436.jpeg
    5BF160C4-1351-4E52-8A3C-C4800212B436.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • D0D187C1-D8C5-4D4C-849D-8C16AE5DA5A0.jpeg
    D0D187C1-D8C5-4D4C-849D-8C16AE5DA5A0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
The XC team does hill sprints on Saturdays with strength training. I have attached the literature that I think justifies serious soccer players (ie: those with college and professional aspirations) running XC.

XC is good conditioning until you start running off too much weight. Serious XC runners (5k and beyond) look anorexic after a few years of hard training. Soccer players need more mass, especially upper body and legs.

preparing to be a Natty level soccer player by......not playing soccer.......not sure that is the best approach but to each their own
My Rationale is simple. There are 4 areas to develop soccer players: technical, tactical, physical, and mental.

We have made an active decision to focus on physical and mental development. I kind of see the letter leagues as a waste of time. The speed of play is hella slow and lots of bad decision making. To me, the benefit of team play is learning team tactics; please correct me if I am wrong.

If a group of players can’t play 2-touch soccer and go hard for 90 minutes plus stoppage time the experience is not specific enough to my kids goals. The only thing I see my kid learning tactically from a letter league is how to play slow, over dribble, take excessive touches, bad decision making, and wrestling.

My Rationale is simple. There are 4 areas to develop soccer players: technical, tactical, physical, and mental.

We have made an active decision to focus on physical and mental development. I kind of see the letter leagues as a waste of time. The speed of play is hella slow and lots of bad decision making. To me, the benefit of team play is learning team tactics; please correct me if I am wrong.

If a group of players can’t play 2-touch soccer and go hard for 90 minutes plus stoppage time the experience is not specific enough to my kids goals. The only thing I see my kid learning tactically from a letter league is how to play slow, over dribble, take excessive touches, bad decision making, and wrestling.
Bad decision making and mistakes are part of the development. If I recall correctly she’s u13?

Keep doing you, but don’t spoil the joy in the game.

I need to remind my oldest of that quite often.

Bad decision making and mistakes are part of the development. If I recall correctly she’s u13?

Keep doing you, but don’t spoil the joy in the game.

I need to remind my oldest of that quite often.
She’s U15 now but still only 13 (Dec 2007).

I agree that bad decisions and mistakes are part of the game. I just think those bad decisions and mistakes should be made while playing fast 2-touch soccer.

I’m starting to think the game of futbol is separate and distinct from soccer which includes wrestling and repeatedly taking waaay too many touches. My kids enjoys futbol and is not into soccer/wrestling.

She’s U15 now but still only 13 (Dec 2007).

I agree that bad decisions and mistakes are part of the game. I just think those bad decisions and mistakes should be made while playing fast 2-touch soccer.

I’m starting to think the game of futbol is separate and distinct from soccer which includes wrestling and repeatedly taking waaay too many touches. My kids enjoys futbol and is not into soccer/wrestling.
If we go with those definitions, I certainly prefer the soccer of Messi, Neymar or Mbappe (not to talk about Maradona), to the futbol of Griezzmann. I like Busquets, but I would be unable to watch a game of futbol played by ten Busquets.
Or, in other words and since you seem to like Spanish versions, que tienen que ver los cojones con comer trigo? That pretty much summarizes your views on soccer, futbol, touches and the need to run like a mad person to play soccer at a good level.

If we go with those definitions, I certainly prefer the soccer of Messi, Neymar or Mbappe (not to talk about Maradona), to the futbol of Griezzmann. I like Busquets, but I would be unable to watch a game of futbol played by ten Busquets.
Or, in other words and since you seem to like Spanish versions, que tienen que ver los cojones con comer trigo? That pretty much summarizes your views on soccer, futbol, touches and the need to run like a mad person to play soccer at a good level.
A player needs to be able to play 2-touch in any professional league. I also like Messi, Neymar, Mbappe, and Maradona (who actually coached for my kids club second division team Dorados). I’m confused because all of the players you mentioned are creative and capable of playing 2-touch and all grew up playing futbol/foot.
Mi español de España no es bueno, hablo español mexicano.

A player needs to be able to play 2-touch in any professional league. I also like Messi, Neymar, Mbappe, and Maradona (who actually coached for my kids club second division team Dorados). I’m confused because all of the players you mentioned are creative and capable of playing 2-touch and all grew up playing futbol/foot.
Mi español de España no es bueno, hablo español mexicano.
What makes those players special is their ability to drive the ball, to take on players while obviously taking touches. Thus, according to your definition they are soccer players. Griezzmann has not dribbled by anybody in his life, he can only plays one or two touches, thus he would be a futbol player.
The point that you are really trying to make is that your daughter seems to have spent some time in Mexico, where some illuminati may have told you that all that there is to soccer is two touches, and that the gringos play something else called soccer. And then you happily repeat it here, telling us in the process that our girls are chopped liver.
Let me give you some advice, which of course you will not take: if your daughter really wants to achieve those goals, make sure that she maximizes the time touching the ball, and trains and plays with a team in this side of the border. Make sure that she plays for the best team that will take her (at this point that would be an ECNL club), and if she can show everybody that she is able to make a difference in that team, chances are that she will get to where she wants to be.

There were games at the polo fields on saturday. The concert was in the evening and small.

FWIW....if two clubs agree to reschedule, why should the others care. Also, agreed on AZ in september, those need to be moved.
Because it does impact other teams. Kobe played their first game on Sunday against Rebels after Rebels played the day before in 107 degrees turf temp. Players were not as rested at Kobe team. Perhaps results would have been different if they were worn out by Surf the day before.

What makes those players special is their ability to drive the ball, to take on players while obviously taking touches. Thus, according to your definition they are soccer players. Griezzmann has not dribbled by anybody in his life, he can only plays one or two touches, thus he would be a futbol player.
The point that you are really trying to make is that your daughter seems to have spent some time in Mexico, where some illuminati may have told you that all that there is to soccer is two touches, and that the gringos play something else called soccer. And then you happily repeat it here, telling us in the process that our girls are chopped liver.
Let me give you some advice, which of course you will not take: if your daughter really wants to achieve those goals, make sure that she maximizes the time touching the ball, and trains and plays with a team in this side of the border. Make sure that she plays for the best team that will take her (at this point that would be an ECNL club), and if she can show everybody that she is able to make a difference in that team, chances are that she will get to where she wants to be.
Please stop putting words into my mouth as you are going out of your way to misconstrue what I am saying.

Where my player has played is irrelevant. Watch a professional league of your choice and count the touches. Simple.

Thanks for your advice but it’s conclusory. Please tell me why you think your advice is the way to go?

MOO!!! They were crowned #1 two years ago GDA. 11 Nattys and 20 YNT call ups puts then #1 in my book. Slammers #1 ECNL this year but missing top teams. Thats why we were hoping to catch Surf after a hard fought game against Slams. I was joking around you guys btw. Pleasw dont take my Satire serious. I already know what u18/19 is all about. Kicker, we lost 1-2. Lots of injuries from both teams and I hear a few were out on visits. Its all good and Im.sorry for my satire the last 3 years. Too many of us took me too serious. Love you man )
But how many of those YNT call ups were stolen from other clubs, bs developed at Surf? Just saying!!!

Please stop putting words into my mouth as you are going out of your way to misconstrue what I am saying.

Where my player has played is irrelevant. Watch a professional league of your choice and count the touches. Simple.

Thanks for your advice but it’s conclusory. Please tell me why you think your advice is the way to go?
Over time on this forum, I have read your comments indicating that:
- It’s racist that Wasserman represents Moultrie but won’t return your calls after your daughter was moved up to practice with the U15 and occasionally U17 LaLiga feminil teams at Xolos (you called this “going pro”). To bolster this argument you told us all how Cal posted your kid on their Instagram after a kiddie camp.
- YNT is a waste of time and you are only interested in your daughter going straight to the full national team or playing for one of the several other countries’ YNT teams that your she qualifies for
- NCAA soccer is beneath you
- Club soccer in the US is beneath you
- Anyone who doesn’t get a college degree by 16 is slacking
- US soccer should be expected to come to Mexico and scout your 11 year old early for the U14 YNT

When you reflect back on all that, can you see the ridiculousness yet?

If she loves soccer, what if you just take your kid to your local club tryouts and let her be a kid and play as several people who know this sport well have advised? It sounds to me like you’ve got a bunch of excuses why not. What’s the real barrier?? It’s a game to be enjoyed for fun. If she works hard and kicks everyone’s ass it’ll all emerge as you wish in due time. If her talent exceeds the rest of her environment, you’ll find some new doors to open. Better test that out first though. 13 is still pretty young!

Yes, that’s all meant to be very conclusory.

Side note: my kid doesn’t often run outside of soccer practice or games anymore and she can sure as heck handle 90 minutes plus at full speed and exceed the college level beep test standard. She ran XC in middle school and won the league but never practiced with XC team as she got plenty of load at club soccer practice and we wanted her to avoid overuse.

What club and team does your DD play for?

Back