Surf ENCL vs. Slammers Koge

"they will find a way" is a fantasy landscape full of rainbows and pink sunsets.
It happens if the player is an impact player and can elevate the team to a different level (mid table to playoff for example) or can be a poster child (YNT call ups even just IDs). I know of players (girls) being offered full free rides to move clubs. Its not as common as on the boys side, but there are many clubs with plenty deep pockets to subsidize marquee players.

It happens if the player is an impact player and can elevate the team to a different level (mid table to playoff for example) or can be a poster child (YNT call ups even just IDs). I know of players (girls) being offered full free rides to move clubs. Its not as common as on the boys side, but there are many clubs with plenty deep pockets to subsidize marquee players.

I know of good players who got no chance beyond scholarships from their local clubs with sometimes the coach or other parents on the team helping out.

I know of good players who got no chance beyond scholarships from their local clubs with sometimes the coach or other parents on the team helping out.
I know of those unicorns & rainbows also. Not everyone who needs a scholarship gets one, but most clubs I know of have scholarship / financial aid programs. They are not limited to the top teams only either. There is also a limit that every club has, obviously.

I know one player that was given a scholarship by the club, had uniform & team fees (inc travel) paid for by an altruistic family and ended up in an MLS academy and made & played for the YNT, he was exceptional though. He was fortunate as it was several years of others paying before his breakthrough.

There you go looking looking at the wrong pot of scrilla, scratch, paper again. How much Project 40/Generation Adidas money in total has MLS received from USSF is where I need you to focus your analysis.

There you go looking looking at the wrong pot of scrilla, scratch, paper again. How much Project 40/Generation Adidas money in total has MLS received from USSF is where I need you to focus your analysis.
you're confusing me with your unpaid intern

Nike/Adidas running a commercial agreement with USSF & MLS is specific to the T&Cs of that commercial contract.

That's separate from any equal opportunity legislation that USSF has to adhere to.
I disagree. I don’t think it’s legal to contract to discriminate/exclude.

No disrespect intended. I’d love to see your though.
You could correlate the direct payments for MLS entry level players salaries under Generation Adidas to the direct payments by USSF to NWSL players, in that players are being paid by an entity other than the MLS/NSWL club. While not the same, if one is discriminatory (the former for you) then I would assume that the other is also. You might say that for USSF the latter is discriminatory as it excludes males, whereas the former is a commercial arrangement that Adidas pays for as part of their marketing budget. Note that your wiki link to the program explicitly states that the program is sponsored by Adidas, not a joint sponsorship with USSF funds. That could be a miss in Wikipedia - idk.

"Generation adidas is a joint program between MLS and adidas which sees a handful of top collegiate underclassmen and youth national team players signed by MLS to Generation adidas contracts and made available in the SuperDraft."

2020 Generation adidas Players | MLSSoccer.com

I disagree. I don’t think it’s legal to contract to discriminate/exclude.
Which females play for MLS teams? They have to be eligible to play for the MLS to be included in the Adidas/MLS agreement. If they are not eligible, then they are not excluded.

My player has been doing all these things that you mention at an advanced level since she was 10. So, I just want an explanation as to why she is not being given equal opportunity to maximize her potential.

Found this list of 2007s in the Bay Area. Please rate @Dre... :p

2007 YNT Regional Identification Center Roster - San Jose

Vanessa Aguilar (FC Bay Area Surf), Mary Bauchou (FC Bay Area Surf), Mariah Betancourt (FC Bay Area Surf), Alessia Bolanos (FC Bay Area Surf), Jordan Bowar (FC Bay area Surf), Sloane Carey (FC Bay Area Surf), Leilani Cortez-Ramirez (FC Bay Area Surf), Izabella Duink (Sacramento United), Berkeley Hedgspeth (Lamorinda Soccer Club), Alison Hou (MVLA), Noe Johnson (Lamorinda Soccer Club), Kaylee Kim (MVLA), Nicole Kim (MVLA), Maggie Koerqitz (San Juan Soccer Club), Sadie Leal (Lamorinda SC), Milla Lee (FC Bay Area Surf), Victoria Nealey (San Francisco Elite Academy), Eden Nicholson (San Juan SC), Alicia Osegueda (San Juan SC), Annika Park (MVLA), Lucy Rios (MVLA), Shiana Samarasinghe (MVLA), Avery Standish (FC Bay Area Surf), Paige Thompson (MVLA), Jocelyn Travers (FC Bay Area Surf), Janelli Villagran (IR Academy), Jasmine Wheeler (MVLA), Madyson You (Lamorinda SC)

Which females play for MLS teams? They have to be eligible to play for the MLS to be included in the Adidas/MLS agreement. If they are not eligible, then they are not excluded.
Females don’t play for the MLS because it’s forbidden. Females don’t play for MLS because they don’t meet the minimum requirements for the job. Also, if we were just talking about an agreement between Adidas and MLS, I’d agree with you. Why is USSF involved? I think because females were/are supposed to receive part of the money and USSF was supposed to distribute the funds equitably but has chosen to exclude females.

Back