Surf ENCL vs. Slammers Koge

1. Surf always tilts situations in their favor when given the chance. If they don't get some kind of slap on the wrist for this type of behavior they're just going to double down on it next time there's an opportunity.

2. Phoenix Rising + Arizona Arsenal both had HOME games in the first week of ECNL league. Why? This is Monsoon season in AZ which means both Ungodly Hot (110+) and Humid. Just do away games for the first month for AZ clubs then double up on the home games later in the season.

The AZ Clubs had an actual reason to reschedule.

Didn't Blues travel to AZ for games this weekend? I'm sure they would have gladly played somewhere closer to the Ocean.
Oceanside seemed to have some fields open on Saturday. I was surprised how empty it was there.

Didn't Blues travel to AZ for games this weekend? I'm sure they would have gladly played somewhere closer to the Ocean.
Oceanside seemed to have some fields open on Saturday. I was surprised how empty it was there.
According to here...

Looks like Blues and Sharks were in Phoenix last weekend.

Don’t the clubs set their own game schedules by working with each opponent to choose? If so, who cares what weekend anyone plays anyone?
For the AZ teams home games before Oct are hard because of the climate + setup for a potential heat stroke situation for visiting players not used to the heat.

For other teams if you can beat up on the sucky teams early in the season + only face tougher opponents later in the season it makes recruiting easier. Potential new players see a zero loss record. Also this gives you time to recruit the best players for Discovery positions by watching who performs early in the season.

There were games at the polo fields on saturday. The concert was in the evening and small.

FWIW....if two clubs agree to reschedule, why should the others care. Also, agreed on AZ in september, those need to be moved.
Their Sunday opponents would care and so should the league as games are scheduled to be fair to the entire league, not just specific teams. The advantage of not playing a game on Saturday is huge, especially for older girls. Who knows, Rebels 06 might have won their Strikers game if they didn't need to rest some of their players in anticipation of their game against a very tough opponent. This is pure speculation but just giving you an example of how it does affect other teams and why @crush is going to go crazy about this for a few days.

I choose to think that this wasn't some nefarious way to keep an early season loss off of the record books.
Maybe it was homecoming for a school that a lot of players attend and they weren't willing to miss it for a soccer game (Covid has changed a lot of attitudes). So maybe the coaches got together and figured out a day that they can play that will have their full squad present.

I think we want to believe that our leagues will be run with a certain amount of fairness and a set of rules that apply to everyone equally. Also a bit of logic, like don't schedule AZ games in September b/c you put kids at risk of heat-related injuries. You shouldn't be able to reschedule just because you don't like an early match-up. There's no way this got moved b/c of lack of fields; between Oceanside and Del Mar Surf has plenty of fields. More likely DOC 1 says we don't want to take a loss in our first game and DOC 2 says yeah neither do we so let's just move the games a month or so. My DD follows a few players on 1 of the teams and they were out on Saturday in uniform having a team bonding event, so that team certainly could have played.

I think we want to believe that our leagues will be run with a certain amount of fairness and a set of rules that apply to everyone equally. Also a bit of logic, like don't schedule AZ games in September b/c you put kids at risk of heat-related injuries. You shouldn't be able to reschedule just because you don't like an early match-up. There's no way this got moved b/c of lack of fields; between Oceanside and Del Mar Surf has plenty of fields. More likely DOC 1 says we don't want to take a loss in our first game and DOC 2 says yeah neither do we so let's just move the games a month or so. My DD follows a few players on 1 of the teams and they were out on Saturday in uniform having a team bonding event, so that team certainly could have played.

yes.....and three other so cal clubs traveled to Phoenix and Las Vegas where the iweather shows it was 105 degrees.......September games in AZ and NV is just crazy..........

Norco weather bad enough this weekend ...... plus the parking fees legends must be loving being in the ecnl now......

There were games at the polo fields on saturday. The concert was in the evening and small.

FWIW....if two clubs agree to reschedule, why should the others care. Also, agreed on AZ in september, those need to be moved.
It's called back to back road games Pavo in the middle of a heat wave at 3pm Sat and 9am the next day. Most think based on the schedule that everyone saw last week, that all the clubs had to face the heat wave, injuries, working a roster and traffic BS and so so much more. Two teams got to rest on Saturday and then play teams that had to play the day b4, in da heat. Plus these two clubs get what they want all the time and some of us are sick of it, how's that for someone who cares. This is bush league and cheating. It's not fair but what is fair in youth soccer? What a joke.

Blues 09 ECNL beat Pheonix Rising 6-0 on Sat and Arsenal 2-0 on Sun, in 104+ degree heat!

Blues 09 ECNL beat Pheonix Rising 6-0 on Sat and Arsenal 2-0 on Sun, in 104+ degree heat!
My kid is aging out this year Bob. I was hoping the heat would catch the Blues a little off and lose two out in AZ but they went 2-0 as well. Very impressed with that squad and a no excuse team. Good luck to all the teams not trying to pull a fast one. I would rather go 0-17 and lose the right way then go 17-0 and cheat, MOO!!!

Anyone hear about the fight between Slammers 09' ECNL Koge & Rebels on Sunday? 1-2 Red cards to Slammers. Game called 10 minutes early. A friend at the game told us that Slammers is very dirty, pulling hair, dangerous fouls... and slammers girl started fight. I assume/expect some sort of greater consequence for the slammers than just a red card to a player.

Anyone hear about the fight between Slammers 09' ECNL Koge & Rebels on Sunday? 1-2 Red cards to Slammers. Game called 10 minutes early. A friend at the game told us that Slammers is very dirty, pulling hair, dangerous fouls... and slammers girl started fight. I assume/expect some sort of greater consequence for the slammers than just a red card to a player.
Anyone else surprised that a Blues parent is posting rumors about a Slammers team? Gotta love the rivalry between these two. I’m sure if that is true and not just an embellishment of a physical game then we’ll hear about it soon enough.
@Bob2121 - the rumor I heard is that Blues roster is so short you guys took a few 2011’s with you to guest in Arizona. Just something I heard, can you clarify if this actually happened?

Anyone else surprised that a Blues parent is posting rumors about a Slammers team? Gotta love the rivalry between these two. I’m sure if that is true and not just an embellishment of a physical game then we’ll hear about it soon enough.
@Bob2121 - the rumor I heard is that Blues roster is so short you guys took a few 2011’s with you to guest in Arizona. Just something I heard, can you clarify if this actually happened?
Rumor mill is flying high today in youth soccer. Come on Bob, give up the goods........Club Docs doing the old switch a roo roo roo again? On a serious note and back to the OP asking about scores from Saturdays big match ups, I just don;t feel right about the goings down with these two. I call a Yellow Card for investigation, just like when those waivers were handed out after my dd made the hardest decision ever for a little soccer player. You guys know the story. Can you guys imagine some college AD calling another AD and just doing a re-schedule for some other time? Or some HS AD calling his pal up looking to just reschedule because. The fact is, it was wrong. O-side had so much space for accommodations for all the teams to get games in. I smell something fishy again like I did three years ago. It's not true competition and why asking girls to play with ganas is hard to do. I told my dd and she just smiled and gave me that look.

“according to our sources” (to be read in Jeff Stelling’s voice when questioning Kris Kamara), it was a bit of a rough game with the red card being given to a Rebels player for retaliating after a nasty foul from a Slammers player. Not sure if the Slammers player was also sent off.

It did. But please don’t incite Blues to do more recruiting for this year :D
Short roster? Or just a short roster for the weekend?
I think the schedule came out a little later for ECNL. Maybe some parents said "nah, we aren't going to play in the 105 degree heat in Arizona with our 13 year old. Good luck. We'll see you at practice next week."

And you know those 2011 parents were telling everyone "We played up this weekend. We aren't old enough for ECNL yet. But our club thinks we are ready."

Actually, my daughter plays on Beach ECNL. Her good friend is on Blues and shared the score from the weekend. I got the info on the slammers vs. rebels from a parent we know from the Rebels team. No bias here- seems like legit sources for this info. Supposedly there is video of what happened.

Back