Surf Cup

ALBION SC LV 2007 PRE-DA KC (NV)
ALBION G07 DPL- WHITTAKER (CAS)
ARIZONA THUNDER 07G BAYERN ELITE (AZ)
ARSENAL FC 2007 ECNL (CAS)
BEACH FC LB G07 RPEREZ (CAS)
BEACH FC SB G07 HODSON (CAS)
BURLINGAME BSC 2007G GOLD (CAN)
CALIFORNIA ODYSSEY SC COSC 07G PRE NPL B. LOMELI (CAN)
CINCINNATI UNITED CUP 07 NORTH I (OS)
CINCINNATI UNITED CUP 07 SOUTH I (OS)
CLOVIS CROSSFIRE 07G BLUE (CAN)
CROSSFIRE GIRLS 2007 A (WA)
CROSSFIRE GU-07 A (WA)
CROSSFIRE UNITED 07 ECNL (OR)
D'FEETERS KICKS 07 ECNL (TXN)
DALLAS TEXANS 07G WEST (TXN)
EAGLES SC EAGLES G07 (CAS)
EASTSIDE FC G07 ECNL (WA)
FC SALMON CREEK NEMESIS G07 WHITE (WA)
HEAT FC 07 EB (NV)
HEAT FC 07 MB (NV)
IR ACADEMY 07G PURPLE (CAN)
ISC GUNNERS FC ISCGUNNERS G07 A (WA)
LA BREAKERS G2007 HAZELL (CAS)
LA GALAXY SAN DIEGO LAGSD G2007 DPL - WALKER (CAS)
LA GALAXY SOUTHBAY 2007 PRE-ACADEMY (CAS)
LA GALAXY SOUTHBAY LAGSB 2007 DPL - SOUZA (CAS)
LA SURF G07 VILLANUEVA (CAS)
LEGENDS FC G07 PRE-ACADEMY (CAS)
LVSA '07 GIRLS SILVER (NV)
MURRIETA SURF G07PDA (CAS)
MVLA 07G OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS BLUE (CAN)
NORTHWEST UNITED FC G07 BLACK (WA)
OC SURF - HERNANDEZ (CAS)
OC SURF G2007 DPL SWANSON (CAS)
OC SURF NORTH OC SURF NORTH G07 AGUINALDO (CAS)
PACNW SC G07 PRE-ECNL (WA)
PALO ALTO SC 07G BLUE (CAN)
PLAYERS NORTH 07G ELITE (NV)
PSV UNION FC ACADEMY 2007 (CAN)
REAL COLORADO 07 NATIONAL (CO)
REBELS SC ECNL U13 (CAS)
REIGN ACADEMY REIGN 07 PRE-DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY (WA)
RSL-AZ NORTH 07 GIRLS SHANK PRE DA (AZ)
RSL-AZ SOUTH 07 GIRLS PAULSSEN PRE-DA (AZ)
SAN DIEGO FORCE FC G2007 ACADEMY - OCAMPO (CAS)
SAN DIEGO SDSC NAVY ACADEMY 07 (CAS)
SAN DIEGO SURF G2007 (CAS)
SAN JOSE SURF 07G PREMIER (CAN)
SAN JUAN SC SPIRITS 07 ECNL (CAN)
SANTA ROSA UNITED 07G GOLD (CAN)
SC BLUES LESLIE 07 (CAS)
SD SURF DPL 2007 (CAS)
SEATTLE CELTIC G07 GREEN (WA)
SEATTLE UNITED G07 ECNL (WA)
SF AFTERSHOCKS FC SF AFTERSHOCKS 07G BLACK (CAN)
SO CAL BLUES 07 BAKER (CAS)
SO CAL BLUES 2007 HOLLEY (CAS)
SOLAR 07G KENNINGTON (TXN)
STAR ACADEMY FC 07G I (CAN)
STRIKERS FC 07 ECNL (USA)
SURF SC HAWAII SURF HAWAII 07G ACADEMY (HI)
UTAH SOCCER ALLIANCE USA 07G-DC (UT)
WALNUT CREEK SURF 07G BLUE (CAN)

Miss the Days when Surf Cup was an Invitational and it truly was the Best of the Best . Now it just seems like a watered down Money Grab. It was something special to get that jacket and win the tourney now there’s 3-4 teams that will claim they're U13’ Surf Cup Champions!

They are ranked #2 in the country for youth soccer rankings, finished first place in their CRL division (losing to surf in semis), and recently cruised through legends Classic (11v11) which included Beach Hodson, Legends Pre Academy, Albion, and Heat in the tournament who are all in the best of the best bracket. If only someone would take a second to do some research.

They are ranked #2 in the country for youth soccer rankings, finished first place in their CRL division (losing to surf in semis), and recently cruised through legends Classic (11v11) which included Beach Hodson, Legends Pre Academy, Albion, and Heat in the tournament who are all in the best of the best bracket. If only someone would take a second to do some research.

politics....

I posted this portion on the 06 SC thread. LAGSB have inquired with Michelle Romero on their placement. Her response, “I’m to busy”.

I posted this portion on the 06 SC thread. LAGSB have inquired with Michelle Romero on their placement. Her response, “I’m to busy”.

This Michelle Romero seems to be doing a terrible
job and making surf cup into a joke. Best of the best it is not. I wouldn’t be surprised I. A few years surf cup loses its prestige, if it hasn’t already.

I think it's to satisfy the out of state teams, if I had to pick locally LAGSB should flip with Beach...

So news has it that’s last year Beach never even made it out of the flight 2 semi finals? Yet galaxy SD did BUT Beach is playing flight 1 and galaxy SD is in flight 2 ??? Politics... who knows who seems to be at play... let’s all play fair!

Very unfortunate for LAGSB they’ve earned the right to play in the top division and have a legitimate chance of winning that division.

It is very unfortunate for them. That’s the thing, they probably did it on purpose because there is a chance surf can lose. Cheat and put the lower ranked teams in the first bracket to make it a sure win. the win at surf has no prestige anymore ... cheat to win. Play politics to win. Keep your heads up LAGSB.

I’ve stated it before that it is a crime that LAGSB is not in the top bracket. I’ve got a ton of respect for that team, parents, and coaches. They play the game the right way and are coached very well. Say what you will but Surf 07’s don’t decide on the schedule and who is in what bracket.
When scheduling they need to be looking at recent past results along with YSR at this age. (It starts meaning less as they get older). Seems to me like Got Soccer rankings played a big part in this and we all realize how ridiculous that is.
It’s not like they have a cakewalk. See the first game on Saturday.
Hopefully they make the necessary changes. If not Surf & LAG will have many battles this year and over next 5-6 years to come.

It is very unfortunate for them. That’s the thing, they probably did it on purpose because there is a chance surf can lose. Cheat and put the lower ranked teams in the first bracket to make it a sure win. the win at surf has no prestige anymore ... cheat to win. Play politics to win. Keep your heads up LAGSB.
LAGSB is a tremendous team and obviously in the wrong bracket. But I don't think the 07 Surf team needs any help if you ever watched them play.

Well now LAGSB needs to go out and prove they were placed wrong. It's not an exact science and yes they got hosed a bit but in the words of a horrible GM.......It is what it is. And in regards to trying to make it easy for Surf, lighting is right, they don't make the schedule and I highly doubt that talented team cares who is in their bracket. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best no matter what bracket you are in and right now they are the best 07 team out there.

Good luck to everyone this weekend, looking forward to watching the teams get at it and some great soccer!!

Back