Surf cup throws in the towel...well kind of!

Not sure of your point (my comprehension, not your explanation). No question UTLA is more political and militant than other districts although SDUSD is not far behind. The community I live in tends to be more conservative for California and as such our districts are less liberal. As a result, they are attempting to reopen schools (In fact one of our districts applied for a waiver to reopen before across the board reopenings were allowed) Unfortunately, due to complete ineptitude and lack of planning by my son's middle school district, the hybrid is a complete cluster. My daughter's high school hybrid (only in person 1 day) is much better but far from ideal. SDUSD was given the go ahead to reopen by the County a month or two ago but has steadfastly refused and has no current plans to do so in the future. This is primarily driven by the influence of the union.

Meanwhile many private schools in our county, even some with limited resources, are open for full time, in person learning. What don't private schools have? Unionized teachers.
Hold on. MY TURN. And I will speak not from my hip. You have had your run of whatever this. So stop it. Your offering opinion with a sample size the size of a golf ball. There is no recipe for any district (in CA) to know how this situation plays out. What works or what does not. What restrictions take place. What parents want. What a city requires. Or State holds you to. Covid 19 is F'd up. But, I do know what these agencies put on children, parents and teachers.

Back