Surf Cup / So Cal Cup

CBAD12

BRONZE
I’m I following this correctly? Both Surf and So Cal cup have “reserved” the same date of September 19-20?

In all likelihood they don't have the insurance secured, they probably don't have permits for the field, any teams that would be going are doing socially distanced training, eg just skills, it'll be near the start of the school year when everyone's trying to just figure out the new setups of distance learning, I imagine you could have ten different tournaments reserving the same complex and you still won't fill it.

All of these tournament directors are really showing a ton of courage lately. Personally I can't wait for the for-profit-tournament apocalypse.

In all likelihood they don't have the insurance secured, they probably don't have permits for the field, any teams that would be going are doing socially distanced training, eg just skills, it'll be near the start of the school year when everyone's trying to just figure out the new setups of distance learning, I imagine you could have ten different tournaments reserving the same complex and you still won't fill it.

All of these tournament directors are really showing a ton of courage lately. Personally I can't wait for the for-profit-tournament apocalypse.

They could have a skills tournament, sort of like the NHL All-Star Game does, or something like the NBA dunk tournament, or the baseball All-Star Home Run Derby.

They could have a skills tournament, sort of like the NHL All-Star Game does, or something like the NBA dunk tournament, or the baseball All-Star Home Run Derby.
That would be classic...haha! Now we’re getting creative. I believe September is still ambitious but @ least it gives us something to look forward towards. Our team was originally scheduled to play in both tournaments.

That would be classic...haha! Now we’re getting creative. I believe September is still ambitious but @ least it gives us something to look forward towards. Our team was originally scheduled to play in both tournaments.

Event 1 - timed dribbling through cones
Event 2 - shots from distance -- shoot on open goal 9 placed balls, 3 at 6 yards, 3 at 18 yards, 3 at midfield. Go for most scores in a set time limit, with second shots allowed after trying all 9.
Event 3 - shots from the corner with a rebounder set up at the far post, 6 from each side, most goals plus "assists" wins.
Etc. to the limits of imagination.
Bonus points for a timed examination on LOTG

Best total score (by whatever formula seems most interesting) wins, with tie breaker being the LOTG test.

GKs could have their own competition against ball launchers.

Yes, way cool! I’m actually going to use this with my daughter and her crew. This will be good to mix it up a bit, something different than the monotonous amount of passing drills the girls have been doing over the course of the last few months.

That's only 7 weeks away. Think numbers will drop that much that quickly?
These tournaments are not going to happen in California. There is no municipality or school district that will grant a permit for a kid to engage in a contact sport until there is a vaccine or a therapy that make the virus not deadly. One lawsuit and it's over for everyone playing organized sports. No agreement made by any organization is iron clad enough to protect some smart lawyer for suing and winning. It's already happening in workplaces. It's not Newsom's fault. Take your kid to the park to play pick up, most adults won't mind if your kid joins in if they're able to keep up. People on here saying it's not contagious or whatever, it doesn't matter anyway, no one is going to let your kid play if there's a waiver involved.

Back