Surf Cup Olders Poll

Would you prefer a 2-3 game showcase format for Surf Cup Olders & be willing to pay the same?

• Yes. At U15 and older, minimizing injury risk is more important to us than winning another trophy.

• No. My kid loves playing the game & the more (s)he can play, the better, even if 5 games in 3 days.

Results are only viewable after voting.
You're pole question is off not all that valid since olders is now game a day, 4 games over 4 and only the 5th final is a double.

Your pole question asked about 5 possible over 3 which was the old format. 5th game could be moved to Tuesday the 5th day like what usclub does so no doubles if surf heard from enough clubs that would prefer that format. They already listened and made this new format
The poll question is simple and clear. I understand you don't like the results, but it is what it is. I think nearly 100% of parents and kids would rather have an off day tomorrow than a third game in three days, especially those playing early. The quality of play will certainly be much lower.

My daughter went down with her grandmother to Surf. Definitely more exciting for everyone that their Sunday evening game is to play on Monday. Can't count how many tournaments my daughter has played in over the years but Surf is the best vibe and overall most fun.

The poll question is simple and clear. I understand you don't like the results, but it is what it is. I think nearly 100% of parents and kids would rather have an off day tomorrow than a third game in three days, especially those playing early. The quality of play will certainly be much lower.

The results are what you wanted and you didn't asked the question based on what surf is actually offering which is not your question.. pretty clear you had a agenda and bias before you ask the question and framed it that way.

I been on record several time including this thread saying I prefer no more than 2 consecutive days of play plus a rest day. Liking the results has nothing to do with it.

My players have done and won surf and other tourneys in the various formats including a 6 gamer In days for Cerritos. No way would I recommend that format.

Our youngest son played 18 games in one month in April between HS, tournaments, and league games. His choice, had fun, he wouldn't trade it for anything.

Not everyone is scared to play a game a day for 4 days and surf summer is not going to be changed to a non competitive showcase for $2k with only 3 games. Rest day why not? $$

The results are what you wanted and you didn't asked the question based on what surf is actually offering which is not your question.. pretty clear you had a agenda and bias before you ask the question and framed it that way.

I been on record several time including this thread saying I prefer no more than 2 consecutive days of play plus a rest day. Liking the results has nothing to do with it.

My players have done and won surf and other tourneys in the various formats including a 6 gamer In days for Cerritos. No way would I recommend that format.

Our youngest son played 18 games in one month in April between HS, tournaments, and league games. His choice, had fun, he wouldn't trade it for anything.

Not everyone is scared to play a game a day for 4 days and surf summer is not going to be changed to a non competitive showcase for $2k with only 3 games. Rest day why not? $$
Looks like Surf dropped the consolation games. For 3/4 of the teams, it already is a 3 game format.

And people wonder why US Soccer DA felt the need to take decisions away from parents. Exhibit A.

And people wonder why US Soccer DA felt the need to take decisions away from parents. Exhibit A.

Wrong again player decision not a parent.

Player(s) makes their own choices since they are/where legal age to do so.

My player participated in DA and MLS-NEXT this season, nobody took anything away. Choices and freedom in life can be a beautiful thing, you should try it sometime.

Helicoptering your player, taking the easy way, making sure everything is perfectly set up so that can't play more than x y or z is the best way to teach and prepare them for the real world.

Let them play...

Best of luck and safety to all those kids playing in their 4th game in 4 days tomorrow (and 5th game).

70 votes in our little poll. Impressive. Surf Cup, note the results for your next one. Or, do you really need the extra $10 parking fees?

Best of luck and safety to all those kids playing in their 4th game in 4 days tomorrow (and 5th game).

70 votes in our little poll. Impressive. Surf Cup, note the results for your next one. Or, do you really need the extra $10 parking fees?

What were the results?

yes, thank you what year are those kids? just wondering if they are only looking at 2'22 or even '23
It's very tough for 2022s who waited to commit when offers were there three years ago. I ran into a dear friend and he shared a tough but reality story about his dd with my wife and I. She was told very professionally this weekend that the school of her dreams will only take 3 players now this year instead of the usual 8-10. She cried on her dads shoulders :( However, the Silver Lining in all of this she still has 4.5 GPA and a kickass SAT score. She is now looking at a top D2 school. Her dad now see's how she would have never played and probably transfer. Now she is going to play and go to school :)

yes, thank you what year are those kids? just wondering if they are only looking at 2'22 or even '23
The list of college coach that watch our first game.
Colleges for 7/23

Northern Colorado
Wake Forest
UCSB
St. Mary’s
Oregon
San Jose
La Verne
Hawaii
Pepperdine
Sacramento State
Linfield
Univ of Arizona
Tarleton State Univ
SDSU
Fullerton
CBU
Cal Poly Pomona
Fresno State
State University of NY
Arcadia
LMU
Long Beach
Santa Clara
UC Davis
Grand Canyon University
Cal State Monterrey Bay
Cal State East Bay
Univ of San Francisco
Univ of Pacific
Cal Berkeley

The list of college coach that watch our first game.
Colleges for 7/23

Northern Colorado
Wake Forest
UCSB
St. Mary’s
Oregon
San Jose
La Verne
Hawaii
Pepperdine
Sacramento State
Linfield
Univ of Arizona
Tarleton State Univ
SDSU
Fullerton
CBU
Cal Poly Pomona
Fresno State
State University of NY
Arcadia
LMU
Long Beach
Santa Clara
UC Davis
Grand Canyon University
Cal State Monterrey Bay
Cal State East Bay
Univ of San Francisco
Univ of Pacific
Cal Berkeley
Time to build those relationships bro. National signing Day for 2022s is next year, Feb 2. No one has signed a contract so anything can happen. Take your time because all we have is time. Good luck to your dd and to all the girls looking to play soccer after club.

Time to build those relationships bro. National signing Day for 2022s is next year, Feb 2. No one has signed a contract so anything can happen. Take your time because all we have is time. Good luck to your dd and to all the girls looking to play soccer after club.
No doubt.. we’re trying and things are going good with that college I dm’ed you about too

Feb 2? You may want to check that. I have Nov 10.

Back