Surf Cup Girls Olders

Albion 06 was best 06 GA team in the country and they managed ties. Not sure that's the best example. That being said, that 06 team is still a legacy DA team, which still makes GA a decent league in the 05-07 age groups. Looking after DA, 08-10, GA is a significantly inferior league. That will most likely be borne out this weekend.
Looking at 06GA league results, there was undefeated Albion at 30 Goal Differential and the second place team with a goal diff of -1.

ECNL and GA
His point was about the mid-tier ECNL teams. I don't hear anyone arguing GA is on par with ECNL.
ECNL and GA should continue to exist for girls. ECRL, DPL EA, and all the other EiEIO programs need to go away. Keep it simple and condense these tiers. Flight 1 should be the next level below ECNL and GA

I spoke with a women's college assistant coach I have known for 15 years this weekend at Surf Cup (D1 west coast school and not Power 5). She basically said GA still has some great teams/players, but there is much more talent in ECNL overall and it shows when they go to events. They still go to GA events, but typically end up watching just a few top teams as the quality tends to drop off quicker than at ECNL events. She said ECNL games are also played at a faster speed, which allows them to evaluate talent better as it equates better to the college game. They aren't typically watching ECRL games at all.
This is spot on. I get the same feedback from my college coach friends.

Plenty of tournaments in Socal. Lots of GA teams playing in Surf Cup. Lots of ECNL teams playing in Albion Cup. Not sure what you're referring to.
Socal seems to be an anomaly for GA, few teams and weak ones at that. Elsewhere in the country its more even relative to ECNL, if not slightly tilted to GA. Will be very tough for GA to make up ground in Socal as long as Surf, Blues and Slammers are in ECNL. The top players will always migrate to those clubs in order to compete against other top players.
This always seems to be the argument against the GA in socal. Sure, the top top players will migrate, but what about the others? There aren't infinite roster slots. Both leagues provide a platform that the NCAA likes. I dont' think the GA is trying to make up any ground. Provide a different environment (at least on paper), retain good clubs, add clubs that expand their reach,. Plenty of coaches at both league showcases, plenty of players being recruited.
I think socal parents should rise up..why do you even need ecnl/ga

This always seems to be the argument against the GA in socal. Sure, the top top players will migrate, but what about the others? There aren't infinite roster slots. Both leagues provide a platform that the NCAA likes. I dont' think the GA is trying to make up any ground. Provide a different environment (at least on paper), retain good clubs, add clubs that expand their reach,. Plenty of coaches at both league showcases, plenty of players being recruited.
I think socal parents should rise up..why do you even need ecnl/ga
I said this 4 years ago and got smashed for it. I lost all my all money and got "kicked" ot of the leagues unless I took a "free ride," which is more about freaking control then "free." SoCal & Norcal could have the best soccer in the world. We could make a YNT right here, just for Cali. But no, the businessmen want travel ball, hotels, privates and so many goodies in the back room. I was priced out and I'm glad I was because if I had some extra cash, I would have spent it because my dd had a dream at the time.

Back