Surf Cup bracketing

I watched an ECNL G05 game between Surf and Real Colorado National ECNL. Real Colorado is amazing. They are the best in this age group. Starts and ends with them.
Agree that Real Co. are very good. Did you also watch FC Dallas and/or Thorns. I have seen all three recently and our DD's teams have played all three in not so long ago past. I have FC Dallas and Thorns flopping between 1-2, with Real CO in third. Though I want to see PDA and MVLA play to see where they stand. Also, honorable mention goes to the Real CO Athletico team who look to be very close to National.

Last edited:
I watched an ECNL G05 game between Surf and Real Colorado National ECNL. Real Colorado is amazing. They are the best in this age group. Starts and ends with them.

I was only talking about California teams for this age but Real Colorado National ECNL are a top 2005 team.... it is hard to say they are number 1 for sure though given a lack of top matchups and Covid stopping proper preparation for Calif teams.....my top 5 In random order for 2005 would be LAFC, Thorns/Force, Colorado National, PDA and Dallas Texans.....I think So Cal is best region for girls but it is close and there are top talented young ladies across the states.....

2006 age I think is more clear cut and I think it is Surf and then Solar.....

Agree that Real Co. are very good. Did you also watch FC Dallas and/or Thorns. I have seen all three recently and our DD's teams have played all three in not so long ago past. I have FC Dallas and Thorns flopping between 1-2, with Real CO in third.

hahah I wrote my post as you were posting yours...... great minds and all that...... the LAFC Slammers and PDA are worthy too i.m.o...

Agree that Real Co. are very good. Did you also watch FC Dallas and/or Thorns. I have seen all three recently and our DD's teams have played all three in not so long ago past. I have FC Dallas and Thorns flopping between 1-2, with Real CO in third. Though I want to see PDA and MVLA play to see where they stand. Also, honorable mention goes to the Real CO Athletico team who look to be very close to National.
Lastman, please keep your comments to yourself. We don't want a target on our backs. We like flying under the radar!:)

Any thoughts on Blues GU17, this is a new team that beat SD surf.

They have 8 goals total and 1 against out of the 5 games played. Pretty solid team IMO. Stats show they won on PK's for the semi, and final.

Any thoughts on Blues GU17, this is a new team that beat SD surf.

They have 8 goals total and 1 against out of the 5 games played. Pretty solid team IMO. Stats show they won on PK's for the semi, and final.

I watched them play one game and seemed very solid particularly in the midfield where games are won and lost. Good ball control passing mixed in with speed and dynamic movement.

@ Lavey29, I will guess most of the players are from the no longer US Soccer DA.

Any standout players that you recondize?, they should also have some good strikers to get that many goals.

@ Lavey29, I will guess most of the players are from the no longer US Soccer DA.

Any standout players that you recondize?, they should also have some good strikers to get that many goals.

8 goals in five games is only 1.6 per game.... and it was a weakened field this year..... but make no mistake the new Blues 2004/GU17 team is strong and going to be very good if they get chance to gel...... to answer your question, you guess wrong....the team is all new with very few from last year's DA team making it...... I think this new group will establish itself in the top 5 in this great nation over the next year.......

Really you call Thorns/ Force a powerhouse after only playing 3 games? Are they that good? They haven't played any strong teams yet. I agree LAFC would be a good game to see.
I don't know about powerhouse, but they are really talented and one of the top teams in the DA the last couple of years. Games they lost last year were when 2 or3 of their players played up and facing some other top clubs.

8 goals in five games is only 1.6 per game.... and it was a weakened field this year..... but make no mistake the new Blues 2004/GU17 team is strong and going to be very good if they get chance to gel...... to answer your question, you guess wrong....the team is all new with very few from last year's DA team making it...... I think this new group will establish itself in the top 5 in this great nation over the next year.......
How is the back line? I would guess they have good defenders to get it up the field and a half decent GK to cover the net.

How's the Florida Showcase going with the 05's? Not a-lot of teams screams out except for Solar..... Money well saved not going!

LOL what are you talking about , because it is not a So Cali team heavy event.....? Solar, Dallas Texans, Sting, Michigan Hawks, Heat are all top teams..... and most of the games are close scores with a lot of these top teams losing and tying games already..... seems like a great weekend and good luck to all on the last day......

LOL what are you talking about , because it is not a So Cali team heavy event.....? Solar, Dallas Texans, Sting, Michigan Hawks, Heat are all top teams..... and most of the games are close scores with a lot of these top teams losing and tying games already..... seems like a great weekend and good luck to all on the last day......
Solar with a 7-0 win is a close game? They tied against a a midlevel team. Dallas Texas and Michigan Hawks are top teams? Yes I agree that the games are close but you really think the top teams winning by 1 goal is really making a statement that the other teams are good. Can wait for Texas Showcase, thats been you'll see top team come out a play.

And all those top teams you mentioned lost except for Solar but yes games are close.

I always look at more then just goals. I like to see strong control in the midfield with good possession play. I look at weakness in the defense. Can an outside defender recover after getting beat 1v1?. Do the have good possession play intermixed with dynamic counter attacks? While I only saw one match, they seemed to be strong in these areas. Overall goals may have been higher to because they hit woodwork twice in the match I watched.

I always look at more then just goals. I like to see strong control in the midfield with good possession play. I look at weakness in the defense. Can an outside defender recover after getting beat 1v1?. Do the have good possession play intermixed with dynamic counter attacks? While I only saw one match, they seemed to be strong in these areas. Overall goals may have been higher to because they hit woodwork twice in the match I watched.

From what you observed, the mids and strikers play possession ball to score goals. Their Defense line can recover and not get beat on 1v1 situation and 2 half decent GK's. Stats show they beat the Surf in the finals, they must have a in depth line up of good field players.

From what you observed, the mids and strikers play possession ball to score goals. Their Defense line can recover and not get beat on 1v1 situation and 2 half decent GK's. Stats show they beat the Surf in the finals, they must have a in depth line up of good field players.

Granted I only saw one game but I thought they played good soccer particularly in the midfield which is where I feel games are won and lost.

Back