Surf Cup bracketing

This Surf Cup was no more than an opportunity to play for those who wanted to. Agree the level of quality in pool play was far from desired.

so are you saying that since a SoCal team did not win these two age groups it was because the comp was watered down in the finals?

This Surf Cup was no more than an opportunity to play for those who wanted to. Agree the level of quality in pool play was far from desired.
All great points but the finals was far from desired. Again congrats to Heat FC but there more better teams out there. Atleast some teams from California at still playing soccer is the bright side.

Agree but lets not forget Heat FC lost 8-2 in Az showcase with much better competition. Seems like Surf is headed the wrong direction in wins and losses given there 0-3 performance in AZ showcase and now losing to Blues in the semifinals.
Lets see what happens when all California teams get the opportunity to play. The results will be a bit different in my opinion.

so are you saying that since a SoCal team did not win these two age groups it was because the comp was watered down in the finals?
No pool play was. As I specifically stated. I also mentioned prior to the tourney starting that it looked like those teams anticipated in reaching the playoffs would and they did.

All great points but the finals was far from desired. Again congrats to Heat FC but there more better teams out there. Atleast some teams from California at still playing soccer is the bright side.
How do mean? Far from desired?
*Addendum-I see that you stated, "more better teams out there". Definitely debatable as Surf Cup was a shell of itself. Yet, teams that could have made it did in any year. Though that does not mean they would otherwise as well.

How do mean? Far from desired?
*Addendum-I see that you stated, "more better teams out there". Definitely debatable as Surf Cup was a shell of itself. Yet, teams that could have made it did in any year. Though that does not mean they would otherwise as well.
Far from desirable teams? Absolutely! Good teams from California alone ( LAFC, THORNS, MUSTANGS, BEACH, BAFC) were there to play. Throw in Real Colorado, FC Dallas, Solar and Texans would make out more desirable games. Bottomline the teams who enter the tournament was able to get some games under there belt. The best team won! YEs Surf Cup was a shell of itself I agree with you.

These teams played 3 more games and any other Socal/ NorCal...California teams and they play if Florida and Texas. That’s 9 more games- at least there playing! Stop hating!
Facts are Facts! Not hating at all. Teams they played were watered down. Can you please explain to me how Surf ended up playing Blues in the Semifinal game instead of Surf playing Broomfield? Blues were probably worn down and Heat got a tired Blue team. like you said they all got 3 games which is important.

Facts are Facts! Not hating at all. Teams they played were watered down. Can you please explain to me how Surf ended up playing Blues in the Semifinal game instead of Surf playing Broomfield? Blues were probably worn down and Heat got a tired Blue team. like you said they all got 3 games which is important.

Broomfield were in same bracket as Surf so were not going to be matched up right away again in the semis........Vegas Heat 2005 ECNL are a really tuff team..... sure they did lose 8-2 in the ECNL showcase but remember it was to a powerhouse Cali Thorns aka Force team who are probably number 1 in Cali.....I would like to see that team play LAFC Slammers to be sure who is the best of the best.....

But enough about 2005.....congrats to Surf 2006 girls who beat Solar of Texas 2-0 in a battle for top dog in the country.....my great buddy sent me a game recording and Solar are a fierce competition......

I watched an ECNL G05 game between Surf and Real Colorado National ECNL. Real Colorado is amazing. They are the best in this age group. Starts and ends with them.
[/QUOTE
Broomfield were in same bracket as Surf so were not going to be matched up right away again in the semis........Vegas Heat 2005 ECNL are a really tuff team..... sure they did lose 8-2 in the ECNL showcase but remember it was to a powerhouse Cali Thorns aka Force team who are probably number 1 in Cali.....I would like to see that team play LAFC Slammers to be sure who is the best of the best.....

But enough about 2005.....congrats to Surf 2006 girls who beat Solar of Texas 2-0 in a battle for top dog in the country.....my great buddy sent me a game recording and Solar are a fierce competition......
[/QUOTE

Really you call Thorns/ Force a powerhouse after only playing 3 games? Are they that good? They haven't played any strong teams yet. I agree LAFC would be a good game to see.

I watched an ECNL G05 game between Surf and Real Colorado National ECNL. Real Colorado is amazing. They are the best in this age group. Starts and ends with them.
Surf went 0-3 in AZ showcase and just lost to Blues 0-2. Real Colorado is the best in the 05 age group? WOW! Did you really just put that out there? There good but the best?

Does anyone have stats on how many players in the USMNT and women’s team come from SoCal? On the men’s side it looks like the east has a stronger presence then SoCal. Wouldn’t this mean that SoCal doesn’t have the best teams in the nation? Fc Dallas is crushing it with their youth academy program and the number of men going to play in Europe.

Does anyone have stats on how many players in the USMNT and women’s team come from SoCal? On the men’s side it looks like the east has a stronger presence then SoCal. Wouldn’t this mean that SoCal doesn’t have the best teams in the nation? Fc Dallas is crushing it with their youth academy program and the number of men going to play in Europe.
I think exceptional talent can come from anywhere. environment definitely helps. Best competition is still SoCal as far as the number of quality teams and players a short distance from each other.

Far from desirable teams? Absolutely! Good teams from California alone ( LAFC, THORNS, MUSTANGS, BEACH, BAFC) were there to play. Throw in Real Colorado, FC Dallas, Solar and Texans would make out more desirable games. Bottomline the teams who enter the tournament was able to get some games under there belt. The best team won! YEs Surf Cup was a shell of itself I agree with you.
So we are in accord.

Back