Surf Cup - Best of the Best ECNL vs DA

West Coast G03 group had 16 teams with a mix of ECNL, ECNL 2, DPL, DPL Reserve, and Flight 1 teams. Ultimately won by an ECNL team, but most of the games were very close based on the scores and games I saw.

2 kids and 11 years of club total, not once did we miss a game due to heat. I also don't recall any teammates missing games due to heat. The only time I seen a player with heat exhaustion was U6 AYSO, and it wasn't serious.
Heat exhaustion ALWAYS has the potential to be serious.

Heat exhaustion ALWAYS has the potential to be serious.
I could be wrong but I think you might be confusing heat exhaustion for heat stroke. Heat exhaustion left untreated can lead to heat stroke..which IS a true life threatening emergency.

I could be wrong but I think you might be confusing heat exhaustion for heat stroke. Heat exhaustion left untreated can lead to heat stroke..which IS a true life threatening emergency.
That is what I meant. Heat exhaustion can quickly lead to heat stroke in young athletes. Do NOT take chances with heat exhaustion.

A few years ago, DD's team was playing in Dallas in July. I noticed one of the players was just standing there, looking a bit confused with the ball sitting about 2 yards from her. She raised her hand and the ref quickly stopped the game. The team manager carried her over to the trainer's tent and next thing she new she was sitting in a large tub with ice water up to her chin.

West Coast G03 group had 16 teams with a mix of ECNL, ECNL 2, DPL, DPL Reserve, and Flight 1 teams. Ultimately won by an ECNL team, but most of the games were very close based on the scores and games I saw.

This was a lower bracket. The DA team won the top 03.

Back